PDA

View Full Version : Philips BDP 7600 freezes while navigating thru DLNA directory

tousc
06-14-2012, 11:55 AM
Hi,

I've got a BDP 7600 (Firmware 1.55) connected via Wifi to a Fritzbox 6360, this box also has a Gbit cable connection to an DLINK DNS-325 system.

The BDP is able to see the DNS-325 and it can also play video contents from it (e.g. some MKVs). So in general everything works OK.

During navigation thru the folder structure while looking for a video to play it very often simply hangs up itself. Display on the BDP simply says "BROWSER".

It shows no reaction anymore if you press a key on the remote or the device itself.

The attached TV (Sony KDL-EX500) suggests to check the HDMI cable if I try to access the BDP via HDMI-link probably because the BDP is completely frozen.

Only way to get it back to life is to pull and re-insert the power plug...

Any ideas how to improve this?

Regards

tousc

Toengel
06-14-2012, 12:10 PM
Hi,

try to load factory reset on your player and setup it again. This helps very often...

Toengel@Alex

tousc
06-14-2012, 01:22 PM
Alex, thanks for the hint but factory reset didn't help. Same experience as before ... a little bit of browsing thru the folders and BDP7600 gives up.

celavey
07-06-2012, 01:39 AM
The factory reset works for me. I set it up again and works just fine. Though I got a feeling that it will get back on its problem soon. http://imagicon.info/cat/12-19/vbbiggrin.png