View Full Version : Any news on BUG FIX firmware?!
06-16-2012, 11:22 AM
i was just wondering, if a this device is still in support, of if it has been abandoned by philips, as it never ever was running bug free, since release?!
Even though is have been here confirmed by philips, that the firmware team is aware on (at least some) issues, no output from them for months now.
It this is the kind of support philips is offering, its time to move on....
06-27-2012, 04:35 PM
Looks like Philips does not support this faulty product anymore.
After many years of using Philips products, this device is the last acquisition for me from Philips.
I'll never buy Philips products anymore.
06-27-2012, 05:07 PM
BTW, i am not so pessimistic - for me device mostly do what I expected from it, despite some bugs and misfeature’s. I think its good idea to collect in this thread all device bugs sorted by it importance. I`ll try to list bugs I found, feel free to reply to this thread, i will update the post.
1. WIFI may hang completely and reboot is required to restore wifi functionality. Now, after rooting device, I know that problem is in buggy kernel driver. But is easy to reporoduce. Workaround is to connect device using ethernet link.
1. "Death Methal" mode on internet radio. Sometime audio starts with wrong playback speed and sounds like a "death metal". On stop/start everything is fine.
2. No gapless playback from external server
3. A lot of bugs in DLNA rendered mode. It works very unreliable.
4. Buffering issue. Sometime it caused by stream itself, but sometime by device bugs. Usually works fine after stop/start cycle.
5. After poweroff device may ask about my lang/tz instead of silently getting this information from configuration with sync from ntp. I think it should be easy to fix with customized sw.
6. In FM radio station name is changed from RDS. In my case RDS is not always contains valid station number, so my presets list looks not very well.
1. No FLAC/APE/WAVPACK support. For me it sounds very stupid - i am converting all my CD`s to FLAC and now I need to ask my DLNA server to convert them to the LPCM on the fly to satisfy this hardware. I think it should be easy task to add new formats to the internal software but its unlikely to see this functionality.
2. No search on DLNA servers.
Philips - Katerina
08-27-2015, 12:20 PM
Hello participants of the thread and forum members in general!
Hopefully your issue was dealt with and you are no longer facing it. Since the thread has been silent for some time now, I will proceed by closing it. If you still have the same question about the same issue or any similar issues arise feel free to start a new thread or contact one of us moderators to open this thread again.
Philips – Katerina