PDA

View Full Version : downgrade bdp-5506

ezmoney
06-16-2012, 01:40 PM
Just wondering if there's a way to downgrade my bdp5506 before the cinavia upgade? thanks

Philips - Remko
06-27-2012, 11:33 AM
Dear users,

Please be noted that due to new Blu-ray certificate requirement, we can no longer provide a downgrade solution for your Blu-ray player and your Home Cinema Sound system.

In case you have issues with your current firmware, please report in the forum and we will look into solving it ASAP. Sorry for inconvenience caused.

Kind regards,
Philips Moderation Team

ezmoney
06-27-2012, 07:52 PM
thanks for the reply. gonna sell it and go with another player.

Luth
07-05-2012, 05:35 PM
Dear users,

Please be noted that due to new Blu-ray certificate requirement, we can no longer provide a downgrade solution for your Blu-ray player and your Home Cinema Sound system.

In case you have issues with your current firmware, please report in the forum and we will look into solving it ASAP. Sorry for inconvenience caused.

Kind regards,
Philips Moderation Team

Could you please explain more?
For eg. bdp5200 with the latest fw 1.55 i still can downgrade to any previous fw i want? (at least i could few weeks ago)
For all upcoming firmwares the downgrade a). Brics the player, b). Just does not work?

Thanks.

Schlacke
07-06-2012, 03:46 PM
Could you please explain more?
For eg. bdp5200 with the latest fw 1.55 i still can downgrade to any previous fw i want? (at least i could few weeks ago)
For all upcoming firmwares the downgrade a). Brics the player, b). Just does not work?

Thanks.

Double that question.
Reading it and asking myself what that should mean !?
- No ability to downgrade generally
or
- No upload of former fw if newer (maybe faulty) fw was released
?????

Waiting for a solution ? ("In case you have issues with your current firmware, please report in the forum and we will look into solving it ASAP.") So many peoples waiting for months and they´re still waiting........
Or they´re switching the brand....
Well done, Philips (-;
No need of releasing/buying a new player every 6-12 month with super-features like skype or android (remote control). A good, solid player with updates if needed would be enough.
Service seperates quality from garbage...

ezmoney
07-06-2012, 07:15 PM
I actually have the older firmware, but was pretty much brushed off with the usual lines of no older firmware isn't available line. I've already got another player without the cinavia crap, which was a goof due to upgrading my philips player. I highly doubt I'll deal with Philips after this.....I would have even took the risk of downgrading if I'd been given a method to try. I'm putting my philips on ebay or pawn shop.....fed up and done.

lucas1970
07-09-2012, 07:37 AM
What they say is that Philips cannot help anymore with giving earlier Fw versions. But if users have it they can help each other.

pusaqall
07-10-2012, 01:30 AM
I definitely agree. The users always have the answer for the problem everyone encounters. That's what I have learned throughout the years. http://imagicon.info/cat/12-19/smile4.png