PDA

View Full Version : EPG not working...

petasis
09-26-2010, 07:47 AM
Hi all,

I have an 46" 9705, and EPG is not working at all (I am in Greece). Greece is not in the supported countries for EPG through NetTV, but the EPG from DVB-T broadcast is not working either. Guide is showing only what is currently playing and the next program, only for the channel currently tuned.
Anybody else having similar problems with EPG?
I tried to contact the technical support through e-mail, but I haven't received a reply for almost two weeks now...

Jessy
09-26-2010, 06:15 PM
Dear Petatis,
You describe that the EPG is showing only what is currently playing and the next program, so your EPG is working!
You cannot expand to the extended EPG, provided via IP, that is probably because you are not in the listed countries. Did you connect to digital cable or do you use a settop-box?

petasis
09-26-2010, 07:36 PM
Dear Jessy,

The EPG is partially working. Yes, I can see the current/next, but I cannot see the EPG guide, the one that has all channels and their program in a timetable. I don't want any EPG through IP (I don't think that Philips has any IP service for Greece), I just want the EPG guide built from the DVB-T broadcast, just as my Panasonic plasma TV has.
I press the "Guide" button on the panasonic, and I see the complete program for all DVB-T channels, and I can place reminders, record them, etc.

This is what I want from my philips. I have seen this EPG in models from Samsung, LG, Panasonic.
Here is how it looks in a panasonic plasma that has no ethernet at all:

http://i864.photobucket.com/albums/ab207/petasis/U20/IMG_5042.jpg

How can I activate this on my 9705? Does anybody know?

petasis
09-26-2010, 07:37 PM
Also, I am using the DVB-T tuner of the TV, no external box/receiver is connected.

Jessy
09-27-2010, 08:53 PM
What you describe looks like "Guide Plus". See here (http://www.europe.guideplus.com/home.html). I have it on my harddisk recorder. It does not work well, I believe it loads data via the teletext.
I think you have to contact your cable provider to check what they offer. It seems they only provide the basic program-guide data.

petasis
09-28-2010, 12:08 AM
Yes, it looks like it, but it is not. Actually, a program for all week for each channel is part of the DVB-T specification. See for example http://www.dvb.org/technology/standards/a038r5.dvb-si.den300468v1.10.1.pdf.
The Greek providers include all the information required by DVB-T (including the weekly program). The problem is that the Philips TV does not process all these data: it throws them away and shows only limited information about no and next programs, on a single channel. :-(

petasis
10-22-2010, 02:26 AM
After two firmware updates, still no EPG for Greece. I am starting to worry that Philips has no respect for paying customers...

Erikrijnders
10-22-2010, 04:47 PM
I have the 37PFL8605/H12. I am missing a now and next-box. Why isn't it there??? Every tv nowadays has this!

petasis
10-22-2010, 06:50 PM
Its also my question. TVs from Panasonic, Samsung, LG, Sharp, Toshiba, Sony, all have EPG in Greece. Philips is the only brand that doesn't have. Even the low cost DVB-T set top boxes that cost 35 euros have EPG in Greece.
I cannot understand how so expensive TVs that should provide the best don't have so basic features...