View Full Version : This device is a brick
06-19-2012, 05:04 AM
Gets stuck at the 99% loading screen like hundreds of other people. Downloaded Songbird to try to resolve. Songbird took like an hour to get set-up, then when I try to repair the device Songbird can't connect to the server, I'm guessing this is because there is no server and never was one (just a guess). I spent nearly an hour chatting with customer support and that guy was unbelievably dumb and useless. He absolutely flat out refused to listen to anything I was telling him. You know the last thing he asked me? If I had Songbird downloaded on my computer. He asked me that after he asked me where I downloaded it. Really? :confused:
Anyway, I will never buy another Philips product again. This thing cost me $60 two weeks ago brand new at the store. Lost the receipt, now I'm stuck with a brick.
06-19-2012, 09:36 AM
Could you try on these steps:
i think it s likely can be fixed by step 1, no?
1) there is a reset button (a tiny hole) on the sides/ at the bottom. try using a pen tip to push that button. (try a few more times) you will feel a click. turn your device on again see if that resolves your issue.
2) if you can go into your device menu. you go settings > format / factory settings see if this will work.
3) only if you can detect ur player via PC > you can try upgrading FW/ format your device / repair ur device using Philips Songbird.
4) all these does not help, sorry you device is defective. then you have to check if it is still under warranty.
06-19-2012, 06:10 PM
Yep, did all that. Reformatting worked for a little while. I am sending this to my nephew in Honduras where they dont access to a computer, so it has to work without needing to be repaired all the time. Anyway, shouldn't a product just work? Why do I have to spend hours trying to fix a brand new product? And my last complaint: it doesn't play video. Nobody can figure out how to load a video on the device that will play back. I spent two hours converting a short video trying to get it to work, with no success. Awful product, period!
06-20-2012, 02:27 AM
leeson, if the above steps do not help, then you may hv to contact ur local consumer support.
it looks like a defective device.
what s your model? i m not sure if SA2 devices already using songbird or not.
* checked in website it supports. so it shudnt be of a prob to upgrade through network. i hv an ariaz 2. if needed i can hv a check on my device. (since i hv so many gadgets, i dont actually use that one. n i hv to find it out :P)
07-24-2012, 03:36 AM
Too bad you have misplaced the receipt. You should be able to have it replaced as long you as you are under warranty. http://imagicon.info/cat/12-19/icon_smile1.gif
Philips - Katerina
08-24-2015, 10:13 AM
Hello participants of the thread and forum members in general!
Hopefully your issue was dealt with and you are no longer facing it. Since the thread has been silent for some time now, I will proceed by closing it. If you still have the same question about the same issue or any similar issues arise feel free to start a new thread or contact one of us moderators to open this thread again.
Philips – Katerina