View Full Version : This device is a brick
06-19-2012, 04:04 AM
Gets stuck at the 99% loading screen like hundreds of other people. Downloaded Songbird to try to resolve. Songbird took like an hour to get set-up, then when I try to repair the device Songbird can't connect to the server, I'm guessing this is because there is no server and never was one (just a guess). I spent nearly an hour chatting with customer support and that guy was unbelievably dumb and useless. He absolutely flat out refused to listen to anything I was telling him. You know the last thing he asked me? If I had Songbird downloaded on my computer. He asked me that after he asked me where I downloaded it. Really? :confused:
Anyway, I will never buy another Philips product again. This thing cost me $60 two weeks ago brand new at the store. Lost the receipt, now I'm stuck with a brick.
06-19-2012, 08:36 AM
Could you try on these steps:
i think it s likely can be fixed by step 1, no?
1) there is a reset button (a tiny hole) on the sides/ at the bottom. try using a pen tip to push that button. (try a few more times) you will feel a click. turn your device on again see if that resolves your issue.
2) if you can go into your device menu. you go settings > format / factory settings see if this will work.
3) only if you can detect ur player via PC > you can try upgrading FW/ format your device / repair ur device using Philips Songbird.
4) all these does not help, sorry you device is defective. then you have to check if it is still under warranty.
06-19-2012, 05:10 PM
Yep, did all that. Reformatting worked for a little while. I am sending this to my nephew in Honduras where they dont access to a computer, so it has to work without needing to be repaired all the time. Anyway, shouldn't a product just work? Why do I have to spend hours trying to fix a brand new product? And my last complaint: it doesn't play video. Nobody can figure out how to load a video on the device that will play back. I spent two hours converting a short video trying to get it to work, with no success. Awful product, period!
06-20-2012, 01:27 AM
leeson, if the above steps do not help, then you may hv to contact ur local consumer support.
it looks like a defective device.
what s your model? i m not sure if SA2 devices already using songbird or not.
* checked in website it supports. so it shudnt be of a prob to upgrade through network. i hv an ariaz 2. if needed i can hv a check on my device. (since i hv so many gadgets, i dont actually use that one. n i hv to find it out :P)
07-24-2012, 02:36 AM
Too bad you have misplaced the receipt. You should be able to have it replaced as long you as you are under warranty. http://imagicon.info/cat/12-19/icon_smile1.gif