PDA

View Full Version : Wifi Media Connect: Sound distortion and only mono

matthias
06-23-2012, 02:07 PM
I have a "quality" issue with WiFi Media Connect.

There is a harmonic distortion on the sound channel, which sounds a little like there is a low-quality sample rate conversion happening somewhere. It sounds like "in a metal tube", quite hollow and high frequencies are distorted.
Also, the sound is only mono (there is no difference between right and left).

I tried sound sources at different sampling rates (32k, 44k1 and 48k), but the signal was always slightly distored, for all three sampling rates. Also tried different bitrate/quality settings in WifiMediaconnect, but this didn't change audio quality.
I use the TV internal speakers, no external audio output.

You can reproduce this by opening the properties of Sound->Playback->Loudspeaker "WFMCVAD".
On the "Extended" tab, play the soundtest.

Can someone please test this and check the sound quality and the stereo/mono issue?

Philips - Marco
06-28-2012, 11:28 AM
Hi Matthias,

Can you please install the latest software available from http://www.wifimediaconnect.philips.com/

Also make sure that your pc meets the minimum requirements and check the setting in your switch/router.

Regards,
Marco

matthias
07-24-2012, 04:12 PM
Hi Marco,

thanks for your help. Unfortunately, I'm still getting harmonic distortions on the sound.

The version I'm using is already the latest version (v1.06.43), and I also did another reinstall, but unfortunately without improvement.
My PC meets the minimum requirements (it's a 2.4 GHz CPU), the router settings are also OK.
I'm also not getting any interruptions or stucking images, so that's fine.

I also tried playing at different samplerates (11k, 22.5k, 44.1k, 48k), but the distortion remains.
Also, reducing the volume didn't change anything (it just got more quiet on the TV).

Here (http://ww2.fs.ei.tum.de/~mihmig/original_distorted.wav)'s a sound sample how that distortion sounds like (first original, then distorted).

Am I the only one or can someone reproduce this?
The distortion is best heard at clear sounds with high frequency components, such as a bell.

Thanks!
Matthias