PDA

View Full Version : DS3800W/10 not visible after a while

x-dream
06-23-2012, 09:44 PM
Hi

I bought 2 Airplay speakers Folio DS3800W/10.
Installation was working fine and the speakers are both integrated in WPA2 enabled wifi network.
The problem is, that after a while the speakers are not visible as Airplay speakers anymore. Doesn't matter if I use my iPhone 4 or iTunes. The speaker is still active, the green LED on the back side is lighting permanently.
The only solution to fix it is to switch the speaker off and on.
How can i fix this problem permanently?

Firmware release is 3.8.88.1000

Best regards
X-Dream

kwinnie
06-25-2012, 06:00 AM
try reconnecting from the very beginning the same?

x-dream
06-25-2012, 10:02 AM
I've tried to set up several times and it will always run for maybe 2-3 hours.

Pacman
07-03-2012, 12:48 PM
Hi did you try to reset the speakers by pressing and holding button for at least 5 seconds. Reconnect again.

If this also does not help then it lkooks like service

x-dream
07-03-2012, 01:20 PM
I tried to reconnect several times with success.
At the moment I have the idea that it could be a problem when running my Airport Express adapter. Looks like both speakers running well, when this device is switched off. I will observe this in the next few days and let you know.

kees.den.uijl@planet.nl
07-10-2012, 05:16 AM
I have exactly the same problem. When I try to listen to music and try to contact from my Ipad3 there sometime is connection, sometimes not. remedy is to reconnect with my WPA WiFi router. Device is very near to WiFi router and signal is very strong.

x-dream
07-10-2012, 08:00 AM
I will observe this in the next few days and let you know.
Looks like the Aiport Express adapter do not have any influence to my problem. Tis one works very well and is "online" all the time.

lucas1970
07-10-2012, 08:41 AM
A good try is to minimize the connected devices used on the same network.

What happens if only you connect this DS?

lucas1970
07-10-2012, 09:11 AM
Another thing that you need to try is on a different router

x-dream
07-10-2012, 09:39 AM
I will try to switch off all other WIFI devices to show what happens with the DS3800. To use another router than today is not an alternative for me. There are 7 other devices in my network, which running very well.

lucas1970
07-10-2012, 09:50 AM
readin around see that airport gives issues thats why

kees.den.uijl@planet.nl
07-10-2012, 05:00 PM
readin around see that airport gives issues thats why
My problem is not disappeared. The connection simply disappears without any conceivable cause

kwinnie
07-11-2012, 03:18 AM
if possible, can try with another router.
this is because reading the forums here and there, fritz box & air express are which i see more unstable.

to me connecting with 7 devcies does not mean you are continuously using those 7 devices. but for this airplay device you are using it continuously streaming songs fom your phone. drop out to me is understandable because of the network. like when i chat on phone using my viber, i ll got drop out sometimes like 1 hr or so and i understand that s the network issue.

but if reconnecting network by switching off your wifi on the phone and switching it on again does not work, then there s some issue. limitation with airplay is that unlike some apps, it doesnt have a refresh button. it will only scan after a while.

x-dream
07-11-2012, 09:55 AM
Looks like I isolated the issue:
Beside my WLAN router there is a access point in the same network. WLAN router is running on channel 1, the AP on channel 6. If my iPhone is connected via WLAN router, the airplay speakers are visible, if I'm connected via AP, i cannot see the airplay speakers anymore. For me it looks like the airplay speakers switch to the WLAN router after a while. Now I have to find out why this is happened.

x-dream
07-17-2012, 06:18 AM
I played around with the signal strength of the WLAN router and the AP. Now I can say that the 2 speakers running well, if they were connected to the router WLAN. If they were connected to the AP the do not run correctly: Sometimes they were not visible (not connected to the WLAN anymore), sometimes they are visible but there is no sound comeing out. For me it looks still like there is a problem between the AP WLAN and the router WLAN. Is there anything I can do on the AP ? It's a Zyxel NWA1100N.

kwinnie
07-18-2012, 03:17 AM
no idea, maybe you can contact Zyxel to see if there s any upgrade on this. cuz i cant find the manual online. so do not know if this is available.