PDA

View Full Version : Disabling Digital Crystal Clear?? how?

Scerip
09-29-2010, 03:59 PM
Hello everyone

my new Philips 32" LCD-TV 32PFL3605H just arrived today and im very happy however i got a problem...

ive connected my xbox to the tv and all that but in the games the graphics look very aliasing and satruasted..

i tried to take a look of the demo of the crystal clear and found that it was the problem

so my question is: can and how do you disable digital crystal clear??

thanks

Scerip
09-30-2010, 01:09 PM
Help please im desperate as i can only trade it back in 7 days:S

Samsonite
09-30-2010, 02:10 PM
Hi.

I don't know this TV by heart but isn't this a selectable option in the menu (Setup - Picture - Digital Crystal Clear)?
Otherwise, try the PC Mode option, this option shuts off many of the picture impovements.

With kind regards, Samson.

Watchdog85
09-30-2010, 03:15 PM
Dear Scerip,

Did u read the User Manual? It is mentioned under "Change picture and sound settings" (page 12 in English version):

1 Press MENU.
2 Press to select [Setup] > [Picture].
3 Press to select the following settings.
[Smart picture]: Accesses pre-defined smart picture settings.
[Video contrast]: Adjusts the intensity of video contents, keeping backlight unchanged.
[Contrast]: Adjusts the intensity of backlight areas, keeping video contents unchanged.
: Adjusts the intensity and details of dark areas.
[Colour]: Adjusts colour saturation.
[Hue]: Compensates for colour variations.
[Sharpness]: Adjusts sharpness in the image.
[Noise reduction]: Filters and reduces noise in an image.
[Tint]: Adjusts the colour balance in an image.
[Custom tint]: Customises tint setting. (Only available if [Tint] > [Custom] is selected)
[B][Digital Crystal Clear]: Fine-tunes each pixel to match surrounding pixels. This produces a brilliant, high-definition image.

[Dynamic contrast]: Enhances contrast. A [Medium] setting is recommended.
[Dynamic backlight]: Adjusts brightness of the TV backlight to match lighting conditions.
[MPEG artifact reduction]: Smoothes out transitions on digital pictures. You can switch this feature on or off.
[Colour enhancement]: Makes colours more vivid and improves the details in bright colours. You can switch this feature on or off.
[PC mode]: Adjusts the picture when a PC is connected to the TV via HDMI or DVI.
[Picture format]: Changes the picture format.
[Picture size]: Adjusts the viewing area. (when set to maximum, you might see noise or a rough edge of an image.)
[Horizontal shift]: Adjusts the picture horizontally for PC-VGA, DVI, HDMI or YPbPr.
[Vertical shift]: Adjusts the picture vertically for PC-VGA, DVI, HDMI or YPbPr.

I think it can be switched off without problems....

Scerip
09-30-2010, 03:31 PM
Hi.

I don't know this TV by heart but isn't this a selectable option in the menu (Setup - Picture - Digital Crystal Clear)?
Otherwise, try the PC Mode option, this option shuts off many of the picture impovements.

With kind regards, Samson.

Thank you very very much!

it looks much better now

i already tried to switch it off in the digital crystal clear option but i could only adjust some few things it did in there and after trying to adjust em all it didnt work

but it looks fine now:D thanks