PDA

View Full Version : 42" PFL7404 periodically crashes

GodEater
06-27-2012, 08:39 AM
I've had a problem ever since I upgraded the firmware on my 42" PFL7404 to Q5481-0.26.78.0 with the TV seemingly crashing. This problem is worst whilst the input device is either my Sony Playstation 3 (connected via HDMI), or my Xbox 360 (an early model connected via component, rather than HDMI).

The symptoms are the picture freezing for a few seconds whilst sound continues to play, then a very loud audible pop, the screen goes black, and then the TV reboots and returns to displaying the content from the consoles.

Anyone seen this?

This didn't happen at all on the shipped firmware, but alas, I've no idea where to find that, or how to downgrade the TV back to it.

What can I do?

Philips - Benedickte
07-06-2012, 09:36 AM
I've had a problem ever since I upgraded the firmware on my 42" PFL7404 to Q5481-0.26.78.0 with the TV seemingly crashing. This problem is worst whilst the input device is either my Sony Playstation 3 (connected via HDMI), or my Xbox 360 (an early model connected via component, rather than HDMI).

The symptoms are the picture freezing for a few seconds whilst sound continues to play, then a very loud audible pop, the screen goes black, and then the TV reboots and returns to displaying the content from the consoles.

Anyone seen this?

This didn't happen at all on the shipped firmware, but alas, I've no idea where to find that, or how to downgrade the TV back to it.

What can I do?

Hi Godeater.

I have looked into this, and i would advice you to contact the local customer service (http://www.support.philips.com/support/catalog_selector.jsp?COOKIE=off).

Best Regards
Benedickte