PDA

View Full Version : 42PFL3507H/12, upgrade FW version T_921E_2.06 to 2.07

name1
06-27-2012, 09:18 AM
Hello,

i have tried to update my tv's software, tv model is 42PFL3507H/12, software version T_921E_2.06 to 2.07 and when it started to update the bar just stopped in the middle and now it hangs there for a couple of hours...

so, what can I do now? pull the USB out? turn the TV off? throw it over my balcony in 7th floor?

tnx,

nac

name1
06-27-2012, 10:34 AM
any ideas anyone?

Edit: I've unplugged the power cord and USB stick, tv works as before but it is not updated...still I would like to update the system but when i tried it again it was the same result...I got the update file on this link http://www.p4c.philips.com/cgi-bin/dcbint/cpcontent.pl?slg=sl&ctn=42PFL3507H/12&dct=FUS&did=sl&file=&country=US&ofn=
and I followed instructions to the letter...

celavey
07-04-2012, 02:19 AM
It could be possible that you already have the latest update installed on your TV. http://imagicon.info/cat/12-19/vbbiggrin.png

name1
07-04-2012, 07:39 AM
It could be possible that you already have the latest update installed on your TV. http://imagicon.info/cat/12-19/vbbiggrin.png

i don't because I've tripple checked it;) it just makes no sense at all, maybe next update will work...:confused:

Philips - Benedickte
07-04-2012, 11:14 AM
i don't because I've tripple checked it;) it just makes no sense at all, maybe next update will work...:confused:

Hi Name1

I would advice you to try download the file again and try to update with that.

Best regards
Benedickte

name1
07-04-2012, 11:17 AM
Hi Name1

I would advice you to try download the file again and try to update with that.

Best regards
Benedickte

ok, I will try again later today and post the results then...

tvnewbie
07-29-2012, 12:06 AM
Same here: same model, hangs on update from T_921E_2.06 to 2.07.

name1
07-29-2012, 08:55 AM
ok, I will try again later today and post the results then...

I forgot to update the post - tried it again, no success...

tvnewbie
07-29-2012, 06:07 PM
Looking forward for a proper update, because - as another problem - my telly plays everything as stated in the help files only if those files are located on an USB; if I do the media-server streaming of exactly the same files (avi, mp4, mkv... does not matter) over the LAN, the telly can browse, but cannot play any of the above-mentioned files!

This same thing happens regardless of the media-server (MediaTomb, uShare, miniupnpd, etc.) and regardless of the other details such are the operating system used for media-server (FreeBSD, Fedora, OpenBSD, Debian...) type of connection (wireless, wired, DHCP-based, static...) router/firewall settings, cables, and so on.

Maybe a bit off-topic, but if I would be interested in hacking those things instead of waiting for someone to do it, are there already available some of the documents I should start with?

Philips - Benedickte
08-06-2012, 01:13 PM
Hi Tvnewbie and name1.

could you please provide me with Ethernet Mac address, Serial number and model number (TVnewbie).

You can also try to format the USB stick for then put the software update back on it. Unplug the TV, put the USB in and then plug the TV back in.
If this doesn't work please try with another USB stick.

Thank you.
Benedickte