PDA

View Full Version : BDP-7700 USB HDD support

batmanism2000
06-27-2012, 10:24 AM
Dear Support Team,

I would like to buy the new BDP-7700, and I would like to use it as a media centre, besides its blu ray playback abilities. I have a 1,5 TB USB HDD (3,5"), and I have the following questions:

Are USB HDD-s larger than 1 TB (NTFS) supported by the new BDP-7700, or does it support USB HDD-s only up to 1 TB concerning playback, just like the BDP-7600?

Does the BDP-7700 spins off the HDD when not in use, so can I use the HDD attached all the time, or should I disconnect it after each usage?

Right now I am using an AC Ryan media player as my media centre, but I would like to replace it with the new Philips Blu Ray deck. The answers to the questions above however can be dealbreakers for me.

I would also liket to ask whether or not I can enter text in the player's NET TV/SMART TV function with the android remote app, or is the latter application only for general commands?

First I posted my questions in the TV support forum, because there was a similar discussion there concerning the BDP-7600, but I think this topic belongs here.

Thank you very much for the information.

Best regards,

batmanism2000

Philips - Remko
06-28-2012, 10:01 AM
Hi batmanism2000,

Here you have the asnwer to the question raised above.

1. Support HDD > 1TB: Yes it supports up to 2TB for NTFS formatted HDD.
2. Spin off when HDD not in use: It will only be loaded right after it is attached to the device. So, it will not load when not in use.
3. For the question if you can enter text in the player's NET TV/SMART TV? SimplyShare is enabled in the BDP7700. Hence yes you can use your android device to enter text when browsing Smart TV.

Hope this helps!