PDA

View Full Version : Wifi dongle device for PFL3500 Series

jonBonjovi
06-29-2012, 09:43 PM
Hi,

i have a 32PFL3507H/12 and i can't find which and where can i buy a wifi dongle to connect my TV with a wireless solution.

Thanks for answers.

Toengel
06-30-2012, 12:01 PM
Hi,

see page 3, section "accessories":

http://www.p4c.philips.com/files/3/32pfl3507h_12/32pfl3507h_12_pss_fra.pdf

Toengel@Alex

jonBonjovi
07-02-2012, 03:55 PM
Thank you, i didn't even rtfm... :)

Roisin
07-02-2012, 08:50 PM
:confused:Hi Diamond Member this link is gone. I just want to buy the dongle to connect my new smart tv to WiFi and I don't know what to buy??? HELP PLEASE as when I connect my Laptop no sound, which seems to be a common problem. I'm a Granny so simple PLEASE :confused:

Toengel
07-03-2012, 06:21 AM
Hi,

just go to the support website of your TV and download the product spread sheet (data sheet). In section 3 you can find the additional supported USB WLAN adapter...

You should state your TV model number, if not, nobody can help you... ;-)

Toengel@Alex

Roisin
07-03-2012, 07:36 PM
Thanks Toengle, I got on to support at Philips and I got a phone no for Ireland. On the advice I have bought a HDMI cable and a PTAO1 so hopefully I will soon be able to use the Smart part of the TV.
My model no in 47PFL7696H/12. Wish me luck and thanks for your help :confused: :confused:

Philips - Benedickte
07-05-2012, 10:48 AM
:confused:Hi Diamond Member this link is gone. I just want to buy the dongle to connect my new smart tv to WiFi and I don't know what to buy??? HELP PLEASE as when I connect my Laptop no sound, which seems to be a common problem. I'm a Granny so simple PLEASE :confused:

Good day Roisin,

Welcome to the forums.

I can see you have already bought a HDMI cable and PTA01.

To help you further I would like to get some more information.
You said you've connected your laptop to the TV and you're nor getting any sound. How have you connected this? HDMI cable/ VGA cable?

Best regards
Benedickte

Roisin
07-05-2012, 02:00 PM
Good day Roisin,

Welcome to the forums.

I can see you have already bought a HDMI cable and PTA01.

To help you further I would like to get some more information.
You said you've connected your laptop to the TV and you're nor getting any sound. How have you connected this? HDMI cable/ VGA cable?

Best regards
Benedickte

Hi Benedickte
I connected with VGA Cable, 15 Pin Male-Male. I am waiting for my HDMI Cable and my Dongle as I could not get them in Ireland so I had to buy them on line.

Thanks again for you time
Roisin

Philips - Benedickte
07-05-2012, 02:37 PM
Hi Benedickte
I connected with VGA Cable, 15 Pin Male-Male. I am waiting for my HDMI Cable and my Dongle as I could not get them in Ireland so I had to buy them on line.

Thanks again for you time
Roisin

Good afternoon Roisin

The reason why you are not getting sound is because VGA cable passes through picture only and not sound. To get sound you will need an additional sound cable. example an 3.5 mm jack through headphones out put on laptop and input on TV. Also make sure your sound settings on the laptop is set to output sound through headphones output.

also see this guide (http://www.p4c.philips.com/cgi-bin/cpindex.pl?scy=ie&ctn=47PFL7696H/12&slg=ENG&dct=FAQ&refnr=0086018&session=20120705163206_80.254.147.236&searchtext=pc) how to connect you laptop to your TV.

Hope this is to help and you can enjoy your files from your laptop to your tv.

Best regards Benedickte

Roisin
07-05-2012, 08:13 PM
Good afternoon Roisin

The reason why you are not getting sound is because VGA cable passes through picture only and not sound. To get sound you will need an additional sound cable. example an 3.5 mm jack through headphones out put on laptop and input on TV. Also make sure your sound settings on the laptop is set to output sound through headphones output.

also see this guide (http://www.p4c.philips.com/cgi-bin/cpindex.pl?scy=ie&ctn=47PFL7696H/12&slg=ENG&dct=FAQ&refnr=0086018&session=20120705163206_80.254.147.236&searchtext=pc) how to connect you laptop to your TV.

Hope this is to help and you can enjoy your files from your laptop to your tv.

Best regards Benedickte

Thank you for your prompt reply, so what is the HDMI CABLE for? I though it was for the sound. Sorry for being so thick and thank you for your kindness.

Philips - Benedickte
07-06-2012, 07:46 AM
Thank you for your prompt reply, so what is the HDMI CABLE for? I though it was for the sound. Sorry for being so thick and thank you for your kindness.

Good Morning

The HDMI cable is to send High Definition picture and sound.

Best regards
Benedickte

Roisin
07-06-2012, 03:55 PM
Good Morning

The HDMI cable is to send High Definition picture and sound.

Best regards
Benedickte

Good Afternoon
So the HDMI cable will do all and I will not need the other cable?
Will the PPTAO1 bring in the Wifi with picture and sound? That would be great. When they arrive I will let you know how I get on.

Thanks again for you time and help

Roisin

Philips - Benedickte
07-09-2012, 08:23 AM
Good Afternoon
So the HDMI cable will do all and I will not need the other cable?
Will the PPTAO1 bring in the Wifi with picture and sound? That would be great. When they arrive I will let you know how I get on.

Thanks again for you time and help

Roisin

Morning

Yes you will only need the HDMI cable.
PTA01 is an WiFi USB adaptor so you can get wireless internet on you tv, This to browse Smart TV and do software updates.

Benedickte

Roisin
07-09-2012, 12:06 PM
Morning

Yes you will only need the HDMI cable.
PTA01 is an WiFi USB adaptor so you can get wireless internet on you tv, This to browse Smart TV and do software updates.

Benedickte

Good afternoon Benedickte
I have also ordered a Netgear Wnce 2001 Universal WiFi Internet Adapter, Which so you think is better?
Roisin

Toengel
07-09-2012, 12:09 PM
Hi,

from what I read in forum, the WLAN Bridge from NetGear is very good (compared to PTA01).

Toengel@Alex (Toengel@Alex)

Roisin
07-09-2012, 12:45 PM
Hi Toengel
Thanks, I wll report all when they arrive. I hope to then see the magic of a smart TV
Roisin

Roisin
07-19-2012, 08:42 PM
Hi Toengel
Thanks, I wll report all when they arrive. I hope to then see the magic of a smart TV
Roisin

I got the NetGear Universal WiFi Adapter and connected it, worked great then after a week lost the wireless signal and I could not restore it??

Philips - Benedickte
07-20-2012, 09:11 AM
I got the NetGear Universal WiFi Adapter and connected it, worked great then after a week lost the wireless signal and I could not restore it??

Hi Roisin

Have you got the PTA01 and tried this?
I do recommend you to try this as this is compatible with the TV.

Benedickte

Roisin
07-20-2012, 03:15 PM
Hi Roisin

Have you got the PTA01 and tried this?
I do recommend you to try this as this is compatible with the TV.

Benedickte

Hi Benedickte
Would you belive, the Netgear was working so well I sent the PTA01 back :(
I feel so stupid, I acted so fast. And it is still raining in Ireland :-((
Roisin