PDA

View Full Version : BDP5200 Now flaking out when viewing anything

aUser
07-01-2012, 05:19 PM
It seems now that if I :
a) view a bluie ray
b) view a dvd
c) just look at the settings

that after a few minutes the screen becomes corrupted ( almost like a corrupted signal)
and that the player stops working etc.

Is there any other diagnostics that can be done before I either call Philipes or
just purchase a different player from a diffrent manufacturer?

thanks

Schlacke
07-02-2012, 03:47 PM
Try a factory reset.
Disconnect the player from power source, wait 30 minutes und reconnect it.
Check the cables, are they solid connected between player and tv ?
Try another hdmi-cable or another input on tv or another tv.
Test with a standard video connection (the yellow cinch/RCA socket). Are the problems the same ?
Did you change something in the settings or connections (player and tv) ?
Did you upgrade the firmware ? Try a downgrade to f.e. 1.52.
How old is the player ? You should still have warranty, so i would get it back to the store where you bought it and try another BDP 5200.

aUser
07-02-2012, 03:51 PM
Cables : checked
Firmware : is the 1.55
settings : non changed

Factory reset :still to do

Try a factory reset.
Disconnect the player from power source, wait 30 minutes und reconnect it.
Check the cables, are they solid connected between player and tv ?
Try another hdmi-cable or another input on tv or another tv.
Test with a standard video connection (the yellow cinch/RCA socket). Are the problems the same ?
Did you change something in the settings or connections (player and tv) ?
Did you upgrade the firmware ? Try a downgrade to f.e. 1.52.
How old is the player ? You should still have warranty, so i would get it back to the store where you bought it and try another BDP 5200.

lucas1970
07-09-2012, 08:29 AM
Try factory reset. Also did you try on a different HDMi entry on your TV (if possible ofcourse, if not on other Tv). This is to see if the problem is not related to your Tv set....

aUser
07-09-2012, 11:06 AM
Try factory reset. Also did you try on a different HDMi entry on your TV (if possible ofcourse, if not on other Tv). This is to see if the problem is not related to your Tv set....

Tried all of the above. The problem seems to occur two to eight minutes after switch on from standby.
If I leave the unit on with out going into standby the problem appears to stabilise.

Schlacke
07-09-2012, 04:33 PM
Do you use net tv /network connection ? If so, disconnect the cable or disable the wireless function.
Maybe it´s a heat problem (power supply). Is your device getting hotter than normal/before ? Can you touch the upper surface without ´burning´your fingers ?