PDA

View Full Version : Problem with ambilight 32pfl9705

geert.e.vandenbussche
07-03-2012, 09:59 PM
Problem:
ambilight stopped reacting, some leds did not function, others were stable.
Rebooted PC, went good for half an hour, same problem again. unplugged TV, started again, all LED's are now on, but different colours (per 6). Switching ambilight on/off doesn't change anything.
Installed latest firmware, no change.

Any idea's?

Best regards,

Geert Vandenbussche

Philips - Benedickte
07-04-2012, 11:45 AM
Problem:
ambilight stopped reacting, some leds did not function, others were stable.
Rebooted PC, went good for half an hour, same problem again. unplugged TV, started again, all LED's are now on, but different colours (per 6). Switching ambilight on/off doesn't change anything.
Installed latest firmware, no change.

Any idea's?

Best regards,

Geert Vandenbussche

Hi Geert

Can you please confirm what software version you have?

Benedickte

geert.e.vandenbussche
07-04-2012, 12:27 PM
Hi Geert

Can you please confirm what software version you have?

Benedickte

Had FW v0.140.47.0 but remains the same with FW v0.140.48.0. Called consumer care who told me they don't provide a loan set beneath 37 inch, although the website clearly states loan set as of 32 inch.
They don't even try to do the repair @home, they would just send a cheap box mover.
This set has less than 300h and it has already been in repair twice:
http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?5649-Homogeneity-32PFL9705H

I'm not pleased with the quality of this set, and not at all with the way Philips approaches this.

Best regards,

Geert Vandenbussche

Philips - Benedickte
07-04-2012, 01:32 PM
Had FW v0.140.47.0 but remains the same with FW v0.140.48.0. Called consumer care who told me they don't provide a loan set beneath 37 inch, although the website clearly states loan set as of 32 inch.
They don't even try to do the repair @home, they would just send a cheap box mover.
This set has less than 300h and it has already been in repair twice:
http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?5649-Homogeneity-32PFL9705H

I'm not pleased with the quality of this set, and not at all with the way Philips approaches this.

Best regards,

Geert Vandenbussche

Hi again Geert

Thank you for a quick reply.
I'm sorry to hear your not happy with the approach your customer care has given you.

When it comes to loan TV's that is up to each country of what sets they provide. And If they repair at home or in a workshop depends on the issue/fault. Some things they have to take it it to fix it, others can be fixed at home.

When you say it's already been in twice to change the LCD it doesn't seem right.
Then i wonder, is the horizontal bands still appear?
and when did the issue with the ambilight appear?

And you said per 6 LEDs the colour changes, what do you mean by this? Are they right compared to what's on the TV or just in example random colours?

a picture showing this would be great if you could provide.

If the issue came after latest repair I would advice you to call up customer care again and let them know, and to get this sorted out.

Benedickte

geert.e.vandenbussche
07-04-2012, 02:54 PM
Hi again Geert

Thank you for a quick reply.
I'm sorry to hear your not happy with the approach your customer care has given you.

When it comes to loan TV's that is up to each country of what sets they provide. And If they repair at home or in a workshop depends on the issue/fault. Some things they have to take it it to fix it, others can be fixed at home.

When you say it's already been in twice to change the LCD it doesn't seem right.
Then i wonder, is the horizontal bands still appear?
and when did the issue with the ambilight appear?

And you said per 6 LEDs the colour changes, what do you mean by this? Are they right compared to what's on the TV or just in example random colours?

a picture showing this would be great if you could provide.

If the issue came after latest repair I would advice you to call up customer care again and let them know, and to get this sorted out.

Benedickte

Benedickte,

Image included, LED's are full power, don't change colour, stable situation, regardless of scene displayed. Difficult to say if this has to do with previous repair from 3 weeks ago. Horizontal bands are gone (LCD replacement).

Best regards,

Geert Vandenbussche

Philips - Benedickte
07-05-2012, 09:14 AM
Benedickte,

Image included, LED's are full power, don't change colour, stable situation, regardless of scene displayed. Difficult to say if this has to do with previous repair from 3 weeks ago. Horizontal bands are gone (LCD replacement).

Best regards,

Geert Vandenbussche

Morning Geert.

could you please provide us with a picture where we can see the screen and ambilight?

Thank you
Benedickte

Freddy
07-05-2012, 11:58 AM
Image included, LED's are full power, don't change colour, stable situation, regardless of scene displayed.
Hi Geert,

have you tried playing with the Advanced Ambilight Settings (for example switching Dynamic Off and On again)?...
By the way, congratulations with the removal of the horizontal bands! Now only this has to be solved...

Freddy

geert.e.vandenbussche
07-05-2012, 01:00 PM
Hi Geert,

have you tried playing with the Advanced Ambilight Settings (for example switching Dynamic Off and On again)?...
By the way, congratulations with the removal of the horizontal bands! Now only this has to be solved...

Freddy

After Philips decided not to provide a loan set, the shop were I've bought the set came by to have a look. The removed the flatcable from the processor board and plugged it back in again. Ambilight did function again. Technician saw that the cable was bent in a very short way, and put some tape around it.
Acoording to technician, problem solved ..., I on the other hand have another opinion.
Nevertheless, I have a three month warranty on this 'repair'.

Best regards,

Geert Vandenbussche