PDA

View Full Version : slow wireless connection

Henry
10-04-2010, 02:30 PM
Hello,

I noticed that the wireless signal from my 46pfl9705 is not as good as that from my laptop (on the same spot). The tv gets a signal strength of around 45% (resulting in 50 Mbps), whereas my laptop scores 82% (150+ Mbps). Is there a way to improve the signal strength from the tv-set?
Second question: what speed is the Ethernet rj-45 port?

Best regards,

Henry

Philips
10-05-2010, 02:59 PM
Henry,

1. The TV has a build-in antenna. As your TV (normally) has a fixed position in your living room, the only way to increase the WiFi signal is to bring your WiFi router closer to the TV.
Why your laptop indicates a better signal strength than your TV is difficult to answer from here as it depends on a lot of factors.
However, when the video services in Net TV play the video's without interruptions, your internet speed is already optimal for Net TV. In that case Net TV won't go faster with a faster internet connection.

2. The Ethernet speed of the RJ-45 port is 100 Mbit/s.

Henry
10-07-2010, 07:57 AM
It's not the speed of NetTV or the internet connection that's an issue. My internet connection 22 Mbit download so the wireless speed covers that. It's the intranet speed that seems to be to low to play movies well. When I play video's from my pc or NAS I can see short interruptions. The movie seems to stutter.
I don't know if it's possible but would using the pta01 give a better performance?