PDA

View Full Version : Problem with subtitles in movies on Philips 37PFL7605 LED TV

maryo
10-06-2010, 09:54 PM
Hello.
Please help me with a problem on a TV LED model 37PFL7605: I do not read subtitles in movies that are played on a hard disk external to.
I note that the films with subtitles leptopvad.
How do I fix this problem?
Add that the menu is on auto subtitle Easylink
Thanks in advance.

vgerwen
10-07-2010, 12:56 PM
The TV does not support subtitles see other threats (http://www.supportforum.philips.com/showthread.php?570-Hts9520-12&highlight=subtitles) in this forum. So SRT or other subtitle formats are not supported.

I did not check this on forehand otherwise I would have chosen for a Samsung.

l00pu5
10-16-2010, 09:16 AM
Another way to get subtitles working would be encoding them within the video stream. This means re-encoding the entire stream, though.

kleinspr
10-20-2010, 08:46 PM
To the Philips people:
Is there a possibility, to do a request for this???
To add this possibility in the next update
Every normal media player can handle subtitles, and this TV not ?!?!?!?!

petasis
10-22-2010, 07:15 PM
The 9705 (which is a more expensive TV) does not also support subtitles. In fact, most mkv files do not play on the TV.
The same is true for video camera recordings. Also, I tried to play back some recorded mpeg-4 broadcasts, made in my PC: the TV can show the channels, but cannot play the .ts files that contain the recordings.

The only file I managed to play with the TV player was an old avi file that has divx in it.
I really cannot understand what is the purpose of this player the TV has. It seems that is unable to play 99% of the files somebody will like to play...

JuAn
10-22-2010, 10:23 PM
Hey Petasis. You should take a look here (http://www.supportforum.philips.com/showthread.php?677-Supported-CODEC-overview-for-2010-model-numbers-(xxPFLxxx5x-xx).). It gives a good overview of the possibilities of your TV.
It clearly states that the 9705 must be able to play MKV files, maybe your files are corrupted?

petasis
10-27-2010, 09:03 PM
I have a pc, and they play on the pc...
I think that the TV does not play them due to a missing codec (I think DTS)...

pwalendziak
01-04-2011, 02:30 PM
Hi Philips!

Please, add feature of playing movie subtitles to the wish list for theupcoming TV software updates.
This should be not big problem, because I was able to play subtitles embedded in mkv files, but there is problem in playing subtitles that are not embedded (divx).

Best regards

senkradvii
01-07-2011, 11:33 PM
..because I was able to play subtitles embedded in mkv files..

Please tell me how u did that! I'm trying all time today searching ho but with no luck at all!

pwalendziak
01-09-2011, 06:07 PM
Well, I was mistaken. This mkv that I played had hardcoded subtitles.

But there is workaround to play subtitles anyway. I am using Wild Media Server (DLNA server) that is transcoding external movie subtitles into video stream as hardcoded subtitles (but it takes quite much PC processing power for that).

mrcoffee
01-11-2011, 09:46 PM
Another request here for asdding the ability to use subtitles.

Nettle
01-11-2011, 10:23 PM
The 9705 (which is a more expensive TV) does not also support subtitles. In fact, most mkv files do not play on the TV.
The same is true for video camera recordings. Also, I tried to play back some recorded mpeg-4 broadcasts, made in my PC: the TV can show the channels, but cannot play the .ts files that contain the recordings.

The only file I managed to play with the TV player was an old avi file that has divx in it.
I really cannot understand what is the purpose of this player the TV has. It seems that is unable to play 99% of the files somebody will like to play...

Dear Petasis,

my 8605 plays the mkv files without problems. Are you sure that your files are ok?

regards

tvfmc
01-11-2011, 11:06 PM
Dear Philips Developer Team;
Iím very disappointed with my last bought from Philips in July 2010. A brand new (and suppose great) LED TV 37PFL7605H.
:(

Everything of electronics in my house is Philips since 30 years agoÖ so when I thought on buying a new TV, Philips choice was obviouslyÖ

Now I, like other thousands of clients, feel cheated by Philips. Since when Philips products were not the best and have all the functionalities available in the market?!? Of course, Iím talking about a very simple problem, that ours TV suffered =>READING SUBTITLES<= .

For the 1st time in my life, Iím recommended to other people to buy a non Philips TV, since they have that huge problem that developer team are making blind eyes! Other products from Philips, like Blue Ray and Home Cinema Set support subtitles, so, for sure, isnít a hardware problem!!!

Please, for the consideration that customers (special the old ones) have by Philips, make available a firmware that implement this function. Itís a little thing that can change all the review about a TV.

Regards,
Tomaz.

vatsok
01-30-2011, 07:54 AM
This is huge issue . I am very frustrated because i talked a friend of mine into to buying a PFL7605h TV, without knowing about this problem my self :-(
Of course now I recommend to the those who ask me about the tv not to buy one.

Can at least someone from philips tell us if this is a hardware or software problem, please?

Sammio
02-20-2011, 09:49 AM
Manage to "add" the subtitles in .avi file. Here is how to do it.

In english...
http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/adding_subs_to_avi.cfm

In finnish...
http://fin.afterdawn.com/oppaat/arkisto/tekstityksien_lisaaminen_videotiedostoihin.cfm

It takes little work at the first time but its worth it. I encounter couple of broblems in the way but solved them with little thinking.

I`l be happy to help with the problems with the information i gathered during the process.

It is worth a try! :rolleyes:

jomorke
02-21-2011, 02:21 PM
Please add as soon as possible de subtitle playing feature in de software. This is not a feature but <<A MUST HAVE >> herein Belgium (NL) because Language dubbing for Dutch is not existing.

I Repeat SUBTITLING SUPPORT IS A MUST HAVE FOR THIS KIND OF TV
Please Impliment
Thank you

Alicia
02-21-2011, 05:06 PM
I have a pc, and they play on the pc...
I think that the TV does not play them due to a missing codec (I think DTS)...

Think you are correct. Please check your MKV with mediainfo.
I noticed that if the audiostream is DTS, my TV gives an on-screen message like 'file not supported'. :confused:

@ Philips : why does it give that message ? Why not just play the file without sound (as the TV cannot decode DTS) and give a message like 'audio stream not supported' so customer knows what's wrong.

PS: I have not checked what happens if I create an MKV with a videostream and 2 audiostreams ; 1st AC3, 2nd DTS. I would suspect that it plays the file with AC3 sound. Has anyone checked this already ????

Toengel
02-21-2011, 05:16 PM
Hi,

since the TV only checks the 1st audiostream this should work - try it and post your results ;)

Toengel@Alex

l00pu5
02-26-2011, 04:05 PM
Erm... no!
No matter what position the DTS stream is located, the file payback is blocked if it's found, no matter where. The one you suggested would be correct with firmware versions pre-0.140.23.0.