PDA

View Full Version : Slow input change, 42PFL3007T

repvik
07-05-2012, 08:39 PM
I've just got my 42PFL3007T, and upgraded it to the latest firmware. I'm a bit surprised by how long it takes to change inputs. From I select a source and to a picture shows up, it takes six seconds. Is the TV seriously that slow?

Also, what is the network port for on this TV? I connected it, and it recieves an IP via DHCP, but there's no "browse network" source, nor does the TV show up as a DLNA target.

Philips - Benedickte
07-06-2012, 10:51 AM
I've just got my 42PFL3007T, and upgraded it to the latest firmware. I'm a bit surprised by how long it takes to change inputs. From I select a source and to a picture shows up, it takes six seconds. Is the TV seriously that slow?

Also, what is the network port for on this TV? I connected it, and it recieves an IP via DHCP, but there's no "browse network" source, nor does the TV show up as a DLNA target.

Hi Repvik

I have a had a look into this and i would advice you to Reinstall the TV, then reset the remote control.
This is how to reset remote control:
1. take batteries out of remote control
2. press all buttons 1 by 1 on the remote control
3. put batteries back in

If you require further assistance, please contact your local customer service (http://www.support.philips.com/support/catalog_selector.jsp?COOKIE=off).

When it comes to your network issues, this TV is not DLNA certified so this is the reason why you won't find it as a DLNA device. If you want to use it as a monitor/screen for the PC I would advice using a HDMI cable or a VGA + audio cable.
The purpose of the internet connection on this is for software updates.

Best regards
Benedickte

locane
01-09-2013, 07:45 AM
It's really confusing when you go "home menu -> setup -> connect to network -> wired".
TV says "The TV is successfully connected to the home network" i press ok and then it says "Your TV can play photos, music and movies stored on a computer in your home network. To do so, you need to install recent media server software on the computer. A list of suitable media server software is available in the TV Help."

WHY IT SAY THAT?

and why this TV's support page have download link on DLNA server? These two things says that this TV model have DLNA properties.

And first time i read that this model don't support DLNA was on PS3 Media servers forum and this forum post.