PDA

View Full Version : NETFLIX slow loading speed (5 min.)

DeeJay
07-08-2012, 04:29 PM
I purchased this TV(46PFL4706/F7) specifically for Netflix. When I press NetTv it loads quickly. Select Netflix & it loads quickly. Select a movie & it loads quickly. But when I press to watch the selection it takes about 5 minutes of viewing the loading screen before the selection starts. Once it starts it runs fine. No crashes, pauses or freezing.

I have a another smart tv in my bedroom that loads in about 10 to 15 seconds. So I know the server connection & speed are fine.

I upgraded the firmware to the latest (321) & it made no difference.

pusaqall
07-11-2012, 03:11 AM
I get it all the time since I upgraded to the latest version. They should add another update to it or at least there is a way to downgrade firmware. http://imagicon.info/cat/12-19/smile4.png

DeeJay
07-12-2012, 03:28 AM
Update.....I tried the most inexpensive solution. I wired the TV directly to my router with a high quality ethernet cable. Netflix now loads in about 10 seconds and the picture quality is better!
The problem appears to be in the wifi connection on the TV. It's a hardware problem not a software problem! This could possibly be why this TV has been discounted so much.($500 discount on Amazon). Fortunately my TV is located where I can run the wire easily to the TV.