PDA

View Full Version : CI+ Module: Can not enter 4th digit of "youth protection PIN" while try to change it

misterhamburg
07-08-2012, 08:18 PM
Hardeware TV 24PFL3507/h 12
Firmware Version 2.06

CI+ Modul by Kabel Deutschland (KDG) with newest Software Version 3.3.3.2 / L12

While entering on the TV the menue of the common interface to change the youth protection PIN, i first have to push the green button on the TV remote control to get the opportunity to type in the 4 digits of the actual PIN.

There for the problem starts. I can only type in 3 digits. It is not possible to type 4 Digits!

And it could not be the problem of the CI+ Module. Why?

I also got a Philips TV 37PFL7605/H 12 with
Firmware 0.140.47.0

When I put the same CI+ Module in that Philips TV it works to change the youth protection PIN! But the menue is a kind of different with the philips firmware on the 7605:

Enter menue of common interface and i can directly type in the actual PIN without entering first the green button on my remote control!

So maybe the new 3507 TVs does have a different menue and a different TV Firmware.

Please what is the problem? Please Phillips can u try to get an idea how to fix it with ur new 3000er TVs

klauzser
07-20-2012, 03:10 AM
Hi there. Were you able to fix this on your end? It has been a week. Any update? http://imagicon.info/cat/12-19/vbsmile.png

misterhamburg
07-23-2012, 01:12 PM
I am still waiting of an reaction of philips via this forum...as so many others who seems to have this problem. The hotline still says that is a problem of my CI+ module.

I have no idea why philips does not have solved the problem cause say know it for a long time.

Please Philips are you working on this problem now?

Any idea if it will be solved with the next firmware version?

Toengel
07-23-2012, 01:22 PM
Hi,

try the new firmware 2.07... maybe it's been fixed...

Toengel@Alex

misterhamburg
07-24-2012, 07:34 AM
There is no hint in the change log that comments to fix this problem. So why should I flash my firmware 2.06?

Toengel
07-24-2012, 07:58 AM
Hi,

often not all fixes are mentioned in the changelog...

And if you will call the service, the first thing is to ask, if you have the latest firmware... ;-)

Toengel@Alex

Philips - Benedickte
07-24-2012, 09:46 AM
I am still waiting of an reaction of philips via this forum...as so many others who seems to have this problem. The hotline still says that is a problem of my CI+ module.

I have no idea why philips does not have solved the problem cause say know it for a long time.

Please Philips are you working on this problem now?

Any idea if it will be solved with the next firmware version?

Hi MisterHamburg.

I have had a loook into this and would need some more information.

Can you please confirm the following:

Did this happen before you updated to latest software on your CI+?
What brand is the adoptor for your CI+?

After you've enterieng the code(you see 3 black stars but typed the 4 digit code), can you press done/fertig?

Benedickte