PDA

View Full Version : Firmware Update 32PFL9705H12

robertapple1
10-09-2010, 01:03 PM
I own this new TV a week. Due to problems with S-video I was advised by Philips to update my Firmware. I tried it wireless, the TV gave a message that softwate was up to date. On the Support section of my TV was an anouncement of new Firmware (32pfl9705h_12_fus_nld.zip Versie: 000.140.011.000, Zip-bestand, 70.11 MB, Publicatiedatum: 2010-10-05).

I put it on an USB device and installation went flawless. Unfortunately, the widgets are gone.

On this Forum I noticed there is an update for the 5000 series..... I am afraid that this update was installed...

How can I reset my TV, or can Philips release a new one?

robertapple1
10-09-2010, 01:49 PM
Contacted Philips Consumer Support: it IS the right Firmware update, the widgets have simply been removed.
But now there might be another issue: PICTURE QUALITY.
I have the feeling that after the update it is less than before. Especially Digital TV from UPC (Scart), but also DVD's from my BDP7500 (newest firmware 1.09, HDMI) and maybe even Blu-Ray disc's from the same device.

I will wait t'ill nightfall and hope it is due to the sunlight

JuAn
10-09-2010, 02:18 PM
You say, unfortunately the widgets are gone, but how can you regret something that didn't even function....? :)
About these widgets: read this (http://www.supportforum.philips.com/showthread.php?646-Widgets&highlight=widgets) thread.

robertapple1
10-10-2010, 06:20 AM
Well, I just have this TV, and did not know the widgets were not functioning. I just noticed they were gone, that's it.
The picture quality is OK, must have been the daylight and me seeing things that weren't there.

Just one thing left: S-video through scart-adapter: either my scart-adapter is broken or the TV doesn't support it.

BTW: beautifull TV

Corneel
10-10-2010, 08:36 AM
There are scart adaptors with “video-out” and “video-in”. I suppose you have the “video-out” adaptor, you need the “video-in” adaptor. There are also adaptors with a switch (In-out)
If you want to go for picture quality than use HDMI. The stuff you want to connect without digital connection is outdated.

hansje
10-10-2010, 10:39 AM
there is simply no S-video support via scart.

robertapple1
10-18-2010, 05:46 PM
That is what Philips Customer Service told me, in the end. It's not a huge problem, but I asked them to seriously edit their manual.

BTW: it is a "video in" adapter Corneel, b'cause composite video on the same adapter works fine

And of course, HDMI is the best; but my kids (and my wife, haha) are better able to use the old player.