PDA

View Full Version : FWM185/12 doesn't work

Potoocheck
07-11-2012, 03:57 PM
Hello, I've had this stereo for more than two years but suddenly it stopped working. I can turn it on, the time is ok, it reacts to pushing its buttons, but it doesn't play at all. The CD slot doesn't open (even though the display says "open") when I push the button, it doesn't recognize any USB disc and the MP3 (AUX) doesn't work either. The radio is still on 87.5FM, no matter how I turn the knob and it doesn't produce any sound. Not even the typical buzz. When I push the MUTE button, a silent sound can be heard from the repro, they work. Can you tell me what I should do? And one more question: does this system have RDS? I have got a feeling it worked the first day I bought it and it does show the symbol like CC above the FM number but it doesn't work. Thank you for any response, just don't tell me to go to a service right away, I'm kind of a handy man :cool:

garlangreeny
08-14-2012, 03:22 AM
Actually, you really have to go to a service center to check this for you unless you have other ideas to work on, then that would be fine. http://imagicon.info/cat/12-19/vbulletin-redface.gif

Andy596
11-15-2012, 09:47 PM
I also have an FWM185 and mine has done exactly the same thing as Potoocheck's.

Anyone any answers other than service centre or the bin?