PDA

View Full Version : Subtitle problem

Tilator
07-11-2012, 05:22 PM
DVB subtitle works from normal aerial transport, but not through network.

I record TV with an external device as transport stream (=ts format) having all audio and subtitles with it. The file definitely have them all, since VLC finds them well.

But this Philips TV does not find DVB subtitle while the .ts file is streamed as DLNA content thtough network. Subtitle is even gayed out in options menu. Audio works, picture works, subtitle doesn't.

Ts stream is the same bit stream which is coming from the aerial, so I suppose this must be a software problem with the TV.

Tilator
07-14-2012, 05:28 PM
Next problem.

I have the TV connected to a computer. Screensaver is turned off on the computer.

However when turned between watching TV and then back to using computer, there will not be computer screen on the television. This happends when watching TV has lasted for some time (half an hour for example).

TV has to be turned to use an other HDMI and then back to computer connected HDMI to get the picture right. All three HDMI connectors at downside of the TV does the same.

I changed to Philips from a two years old LG. This Philips is definitely worse device. I suppose this is one more chinese crap with too many firmware bugs in this world.

I did not expect this kind of 'quality' from a respected brand maker.

Tilator
12-22-2013, 02:14 PM
Still no subtitle while streaming TV stream recorded as .ts (transport stream) file.

This TV does not find any subtitles in the file.

Any help available?

Device is PFL5507 -series TV.