PDA

View Full Version : TV goes black for 1-2 seconds then comes back

lehrens
07-12-2012, 01:31 PM
New 50FPL3807 installed about a month ago, no problems initially and then recently the tv will go black and lose sound for 1-2 seconds then come back, this happens randomly every 15-30 seconds, really annoying

Need a fix asap

anybody??

Philips - Benedickte
07-13-2012, 09:42 AM
New 50FPL3807 installed about a month ago, no problems initially and then recently the tv will go black and lose sound for 1-2 seconds then come back, this happens randomly every 15-30 seconds, really annoying

Need a fix asap

anybody??

Hi Lehrens

Could you please confirm to me following:
What Software version you got on the TV?
What have you connected to the TV? and what cables( HDMI/SCART)?
How often does this happening? and on what devices ( DVD, Blu-ray, sound system)?

Best regards
Benedickte

lehrens
07-16-2012, 04:55 PM
I have to look up the specific software version, it does show when i try to update via the internet connection that a software update is available but it wont ever complete and download. Tried numerous times

HDMI cable box that's it

Happens almost every 15-20 seconds, sometimes may go a minute or two at the most, on all cable box channels

thanks

Philips - Benedickte
07-16-2012, 05:01 PM
I have to look up the specific software version, it does show when i try to update via the internet connection that a software update is available but it wont ever complete and download. Tried numerous times

HDMI cable box that's it

Happens almost every 15-20 seconds, sometimes may go a minute or two at the most, on all cable box channels

thanks

Hi Lehrens.

I would advice you to go to the support page for your TV and local page, where you can find the latest software version. Download this .ZIP file to your PC. Unpack this onto an empty USB stick. Then plug this into the TV while TV is on. Follow the instructions on screen.

could you please make sure the cables are 100% plugged in by unplugging and plugging back in again?

Do you have anything else than the cable box connected to your TV? (DVD player, Blu-ray player or speakers )

Best Regards
Benedickte

lehrens
07-16-2012, 05:06 PM
Thanks, I just downloaded the file to a USB stick so I will try that this afternoon. I will also check the cables. No, nothing other than cable box is plugged into the TV

lehrens
07-17-2012, 07:13 PM
The download seems to have worked so far, keeping my fingers crossed. Thanks for the help