PDA

View Full Version : 37pfl9604h/12

callmewim
07-13-2012, 07:07 PM
I enjoyed my tv for over 2 years. One day I the screen went black and I saw on the tv-screen the following message:
not sustained video format. That happened many times, however sometimes I got video for some time. Later on I found out that I simply had to change the format using the format button and deselect automatic (choice during former years) and select the second choice: widescreen. Although I am happy now, it still is strange that the above happened. Is anyone familiar with this situaton?

Philips - Thomas
07-17-2012, 11:23 AM
Hey callmewim and welcome to our Forums,

it seems that you have connected a kind of set top box to the TV, is that right?

Thomas

callmewim
07-17-2012, 12:32 PM
Thanks Thomas for your reaction.
Yes I use a so called mediabox that provides my tv with the right signal. I already returned the mediabox to my provider and asked for a new one. After installing the "new" one I got the same results as I had with the "old" one. Nothing changed.

Philips - Thomas
07-19-2012, 10:42 AM
Hey callmewim,

can you please make sure that on the set top box you have fixed settings:
1080p or 720p
16:9

Can you do that?

Thomas

callmewim
07-19-2012, 12:33 PM
Hey callmewim,

can you please make sure that on the set top box you have fixed settings:
1080p or 720p
16:9

Can you do that?

Thomas

Dear Thomas,

After some searching I found the place where I could check the settings of the, as UPC calls it, mediabox.
There was one with 720p. I changed it to 1080i.
After that I changed the frame setting of the TV to automatic.
All seems to work well. I had not yet time enough to watch tv for a longer period.

Thanks so much for your advise.

Wim

callmewim
07-21-2012, 03:05 AM
Dear Thomas,

Everything functions well now.
Thank you again .

Wim