PDA

View Full Version : SA4ARA08KF/12 Firmware error

Ceekay89
07-14-2012, 01:50 AM
Hey, i have a problem with songbird. I installed the newest Version from 06/26/12. When i click on serch for firmware, Songbird says: "A error accoured. Check your network settings and try again", or something (I translated from german to english^^). But i can browse with songbird in tabs so i definitely have connection. The support said, they're workin on it. I have the Version 1.02 on my device, but i found, that at 09/07/12 Version 1.06 was available.

Can someone help me, or i must wait till Philips solved it?

Ceekay89
07-14-2012, 03:49 PM
after check for firmware, i get that in the error console:
"locales.songbirdnest.com : potentially vulnerable to CVE-2009-3555"

Philips - QK
07-16-2012, 01:41 AM
Dear Ceekay89,

Welcome to the forum and thanks for your first post here :).
The issue you have reported here is a known issue and we are now working on a solution. We will update you as soon as we have more concrete information from the team.

Thanks for your understanding in advance.

Kind regards,
Philips Moderation Team

Ceekay89
07-16-2012, 06:53 PM
If I wanna repair my device, it shortly searches for firmware and then the same message appears:
"Check your network settings and try again"! Maybe its the same problem, like when I wanna update the firmware?!

Philips - QK
07-17-2012, 01:29 AM
If I wanna repair my device, it shortly searches for firmware and then the same message appears:
"Check your network settings and try again"! Maybe its the same problem, like when I wanna update the firmware?!

Hi Ceekay89,

Yes, this is the same problem as by repairing, there's a process to update the firmware to the latest version also. The issue we have is that the Philips Songbird seems not able
to load firmware file from the server. We are now investigating this and we will let you know as soon as we have more info.

With thanks & regards,
Philips Moderation Team

carpenter940
08-17-2012, 07:58 PM
Keep me informed too. This problem has been going on for quite awhile.

p.s. why not just let us download firmware and install it ourselves?

Ceekay89
08-17-2012, 11:40 PM
the problem is solved since a while.

carpenter940
08-18-2012, 12:04 AM
the problem is solved since a while.

Then why am I getting the same error as you?

Every google site I visit has the same response from Philips "...the Philips Songbird seems not able to load firmware file from the server. We are now investigating this..."

Ceekay89
08-18-2012, 03:07 PM
No, I mean : It works for me. Over 2 weeks before i was able to do a firmware update. When i actually search for firmware it says: The firmware for my device is up to date. I have firmware 1.06 now. I live in Germany, maybe there are different servers?
For me the problem is solved.

Philips - Remko
08-23-2012, 08:00 AM
Dear users,

The issue is just seen when using Windows 7 and not with any other operating systems.

With thanks & regards,
Philips Moderation Team