PDA

View Full Version : Latest software for your Philips TV.

Philips
10-12-2010, 03:27 PM
To download the latest SW file for your TV:

visit www.p4c.philips.com (http://www.p4c.philips.com), select country and model.
select Software & Drivers, and
search for your model number.

Once on the download page, the Release Notes can be found under:

Software and drivers,
Release notes and/or installation instructions,
History.

Note: Please see this post (http://www.supportforum.philips.com/showthread.php?381-Firmware-update-but-Release-notes-are-missing) with an explanation on the availability of release notes.

exitido
07-26-2011, 07:59 PM
caution, only samsung is updating tvs via internet without new errors, update a philips firmware can cause new bugs on our tvs!

Mickey79
07-31-2011, 11:26 AM
I used the newest update for 32PFL9606H/12 and doenst work on usb stick it cant program the files!

With Wifi it says there is no update!

Toengel
07-31-2011, 05:22 PM
Hi,

the autorun.upg must be in the root directory of the USB stick. It should be the only file on the stick and a small stick is always better than a big one (regarding memory space ^^)...

Toengel@Alex

Mickey79
07-31-2011, 06:24 PM
I did call Philips after trying and they send me a new usb stick one with the same update ( i checked it in the details )
and still the same problem so there is something wrong with the software! :(

chris
08-31-2011, 10:43 AM
To download the latest SW file for your TV:

Is there a rational explanation for this not being available via the built in software update feature? All the other software on all my other computers is updated without the help of a usb stick.

john10000
11-01-2011, 12:54 PM
How to install the firmware (becourse it wont work the regular way)

download the new firmware
extract to the root of yourUSB stick (with Winzip(c) or Winrar(c) )
Plug the USB stick in the TV
Go to configuration screen.
, software ,
and locale updates,
and just install !

Hope this will help
Johan

pusaqall
07-11-2012, 03:02 AM
Is there a possibility to downgrade the firmware as I am having trouble with the latest install? http://imagicon.info/cat/12-19/smile4.png

Tilator
08-08-2012, 09:51 AM
Is there a possibility to downgrade the firmware as I am having trouble with the latest install? http://imagicon.info/cat/12-19/smile4.png

Me too.

New FW (090) feels like a bit faster, but now FF for DLNA streem seems not to work. Subtitle problem with streaming TS files stands still.

thepaddo
09-11-2012, 10:02 AM
Recently updated my tv (32PFL5507). In the previous update, I had an issue with switching to SCART. The 1st attempt nothing happened, I had to select this button twice to make it happen.

Luckally this annoying bug disappeared in the latest version, just as it appeared suddenly when I updated to the previous version.

I was wondering, can you go back to a previous version ?

Tilator
09-11-2012, 11:36 AM
Recently updated my tv (32PFL5507). In the previous update, I had an issue with switching to SCART. The 1st attempt nothing happened, I had to select this button twice to make it happen.

Luckally this annoying bug disappeared in the latest version, just as it appeared suddenly when I updated to the previous version.

I was wondering, can you go back to a previous version ?

I had this issue with FW 090. Updating to 091 took it away.

However there are quite many different obvious bugs still in the software. Most annoying is, that the TV software will go to non-responsive state 2-3 times a week. Only way out is to take wall socket out for a while.

For example using any of the HDMI inputs, then shutting the TV set and then putting it back on without HDMI input signal will lead to the "total lock" situation once and whihe.

thepaddo
09-11-2012, 02:32 PM
Hmmm, sound like still a lot of issues...

Tilator
10-10-2012, 04:24 PM
Hmmm, sound like still a lot of issues...

You are right. This is worst ever electronics I have bought in this price group.

Maybe it would be a good idea to make a film about those many problems with this device and put it in Youtube.

Just to inform other possible buyers to keep out of Philips this time.

4-5 updates made after june and still bad problems. Philips has definitely become a chinese company selling unmature shit to customers.

I'll keep the device a while more, but if the trouble still stands, I'll let the seller to get this back.

BTW: Software version is 091 now.

P.S. There seems to be an update availabla AGAIN.

Peer
10-10-2012, 05:57 PM
And you are lucky to have an update ! My 17 months old televison (PFL9705) doesn't get an update anymore since a long time, the list of unsolved issues for that 2010 series is long. Philips has stopped caring about older TV's, they keep producing new models with even more problems. So it's hopeless.....

zlonny
12-30-2012, 11:15 AM
Hi,
I can't upgrade my 47PFL6877T/12 software to the newest version via the internet.
Nothing happens when I try to upgrade - it has been standing for 6 hours without any progress.
My current version is: QF1EU-0.150.48.13.

Has anyone else experienced this?

ni_hao
12-31-2012, 06:58 AM
Hi,
I can't upgrade my 47PFL6877T/12 software to the newest version via the internet.
My current version is: QF1EU-0.150.48.13.
Here exactly the same. Trying to online update but nothing found. I bought this TV last friday (28 december 2012) and firmware is the same: QF1EU-0.150.48.13 and I see at internet that
47pfl6877h_12_fus_nld.zip is available which is 000.150.082.000.

I updated the firmware by using an USB Stick so my current firwmare is now QF1EU-0.150.82.0

Why can't I update this by using the online update feature with other words why cann't I use the software update feature at my TV?

burnhoven
12-31-2012, 08:26 AM
The TV-Update feature works, but not every update is available. Above all not equally fast.

I think it will come next year. :rolleyes:

basuel
01-03-2013, 12:02 PM
Bought myself my first flat screen tv less than a week ago. A philips 42PFL6067T.
I was happy to discover the app for viaplay (guess only in scandinavia), it worked fine with movies and sports. After just one day a message urging me to update the FW. And so I did, no problem with the update over the internet. Then when I tried to watch sports again I get a new message saying:

"If you recently updated your FW, you might have problem watching sport, a working FW can be updated from viaplay.se/devices/philips"

Downloaded the FW (autorun.upg) on a USB stick due to instructions but nothing happens, the tv canīt find the file.

Anyone else have the same problem.

Basuel

ni_hao
01-03-2013, 12:18 PM
The TV-Update feature works, but not every update is available. Above all not equally fast.
I think it will come next yearDO not write such rubbish please. Update does NOT work properly (mind the last word) !!! The update is available because you can download it. However when you use the update feature at your TV (type mentiones above) then you are stucked to a very very old update and more releases should also be available.

As written when updating manually, everything works fine. So there is a file (including the links to the new update files) at the Feed not properly updated.

ni_hao
01-03-2013, 12:22 PM
Downloaded the FW (autorun.upg) on a USB stick due to instructions but nothing happens, the tv canīt find the file.lDid you unzip the file correctly? How is the USB Stick formatted, should be FAT32. Does the TV recognize your USB Stick (so not the file)? Be sure you have the right file downloaded!

chrisham
01-03-2013, 03:37 PM
DO not write such rubbish please. Update does NOT work properly (mind the last word) !!! The update is available because you can download it. However when you use the update feature at your TV (type mentiones above) then you are stucked to a very very old update and more releases should also be available.

As written when updating manually, everything works fine. So there is a file (including the links to the new update files) at the Feed not properly updated.

If you search this forum, you'll find a perfectly valid piece of information:
not all updates are pushed to the automatic feed, since for some updates the risk is to big to push them to people who didn't have major problems in the first place.

If something goes wrong with the update, not only people who 'know what they are doing' are affected, but also 'mom and pop users', who did not want to update in the first place, but were just doing what their TV suggested.

Therefore, two types of updates exist:
a) updates which get pushed to automatic update immediately
b) updates which are put out there for the expert crowd, but no for everybody at once

It is your right to not like this - but to others this is normal behavior. Please know what you are talking about first, and stop calling other peoples posts 'rubbish'.

Toengel
01-03-2013, 03:56 PM
Hi,

as from now, firmware 150.82 is available via the integrated update function... just connect your TV to the internet...

Toengel@Alex (Toengel@Alex)

Isar
03-25-2013, 03:12 AM
My Smart TV 42PFL5007 is the software version L12M11L_1.3.04 and tried to update to version L12M11L_1.5.06 via USB stick.
The TV had reported that the new software, the loading progress bar was completed and asked to reboot. It happened that the TV rebooted but got stuck, no longer responds to the remote control or any key on the rear panel. To turn it off must disconnect the power cord.
As I no longer have access to your commands, I wonder if there is any procedure to return to factory configuration? Thank you.

gbpedro
03-27-2013, 09:38 AM
It is the same from the "Update software user manual" of TV ?

Tilator
04-03-2013, 05:14 PM
Recently updated my tv (32PFL5507)...

096 seems to be last SW. Nothing happened since 12/2012. FF is still defective with DLNA and flickering is not totallu gone with the last update.

Is there still a new SW coming?

pfl8008
04-23-2013, 09:52 AM
the link is dead >>> http://www.supportforum.philips.com/showthread.php?381-Firmware-update-but-Release-notes-are-missing

same ass if i want to view profile from a forum member its also dead

Sijmes
11-27-2013, 06:07 PM
The new software is very buggy and my CAM module doesnt work anymore... How do I revert to the previous software..?

Toengel
11-27-2013, 09:48 PM
Hi,

go to the software firmware thread for your TV and post your problem there.

Toengel@Alex

Tilator
12-22-2013, 03:41 PM
DLNA stream not having subtitles is still a problem.

Wim Kreuger
12-29-2013, 12:23 PM
Is there a problem with updating via the internet?
I am trying to update from version QF2EU-0.173.42.0
I start the update, software starts downloading and after the download the tv reboots and that's it.
I am going to try to update via usb now...

RDX
01-07-2014, 05:29 PM
Can anybody please guide me how to know the current Firmware version on my philips 42PFL7977 model, and also where can I get the firmware upgrade if available, I have checked the link posted at the start of this thread but it shows nothing for this model ..

Also I need to know whether joint space is available for this model, after keying in the string of numbers I donot see anything coming up as said , the joint space logo would flash , but for me its not happening.

Advises/suggestions highly appreciated .

Jarnimo
01-07-2014, 07:15 PM
Can anybody please guide me how to know the current Firmware version on my philips 42PFL7977 model, and also where can I get the firmware upgrade if available, I have checked the link posted at the start of this thread but it shows nothing for this model ..

Also I need to know whether joint space is available for this model, after keying in the string of numbers I donot see anything coming up as said , the joint space logo would flash , but for me its not happening.

Advises/suggestions highly appreciated .

Hi Rdx,

Seems like this TV is for the Indian market? Can you tell me if this model ends with: 42PFL....../V7. Did you bought it in India?

This ...../V7 notification means that it is produced by VIDEOCON which have the exclusive rights for the Indian market.

Check this:

http://www.philips.co.in/c/televisions/7000-series-107cm-42-inch-easy-3d-ddb-42pfl7977_v7/prd/;jsessionid=890B00B0589C9D7344C22E3EF97EB1A3.app10 2-drp2

It seems like there is no software upgrade availible yet :(

With kind regards, Jarno.

Aepool
01-11-2014, 09:35 AM
Hi, recently updated my 47PFL4007H/12 to Q554E-0.100.0.0 and found all my apps eg. youtube vimeo are all gone except screen dreams(one and only app on my smart tv).. How to get all my other apps back? Do help me pls..

lhave
01-11-2014, 03:25 PM
Hi, recently updated my 47PFL4007H/12 to Q554E-0.100.0.0 and found all my apps eg. youtube vimeo are all gone except screen dreams(one and only app on my smart tv).. How to get all my other apps back? Do help me pls..

Check your country setting. This is likely due to your country being set incorrectly. After doing so, clear your TV's internet memory (Setup -> Network settings -> Clear app/internet/smart tv memory).

Meddyb
01-26-2014, 12:08 PM
Hello everyone

I possess a 21/9 gold model which is 2 years of age by now.
I bought it from philips online store ( France)
firmware installed is 96 and current sf is 000.014.105.000

I have tried almsot everything to upgrade with NO success

- tv says firmware is up to date although it is clearly not
- I downloaeded firmware from philips site installed it on usb stick on root ---------> tv says : no file found !
- I called in last resort philips support, they did send me usb stick with firmware - closed the tv - plugged stick - opened tv -------------> no file found on usb stick !!!!!

How Can it be posible not to be able to upgrade my TV, I find it very very disapointing.

From the day I bought the TV I never could upgrade it by myself !

Philips sent me a techy last year for the same problem and after 1/2 hour or so he managed to upgrade it to 96

now it's again imposible to get out of this messy situation and of course warranty is off now, tech. will not come anymore under warranty

please if somebody have had similar issue can he share experience so that I feel less stupid

thank you

Laxman
03-05-2014, 10:53 AM
I have a TV 42PFL7977/V7. After a board change in my,my tv is showing subpar picture quality.
My software version is
Loader Version: 0_2
DTV Version: 1208
ATV Software Version: A4FST20_11_0107
Date: Aug 27 2012
Time: 00:14:25
EEProm Version:10_5

Can somebody confirm whether my software is latest. If not can somebody list the latest software please.

Jarnimo
03-05-2014, 11:17 AM
I have a TV 42PFL7977/V7. After a board change in my,my tv is showing subpar picture quality.
My software version is
Loader Version: 0_2
DTV Version: 1208
ATV Software Version: A4FST20_11_0107
Date: Aug 27 2012
Time: 00:14:25
EEProm Version:10_5

Can somebody confirm whether my software is latest. If not can somebody list the latest software please.

Hi Laxman,

Your TV seems to be an Indian model. Your TV have the /V7 notification, which seems like it is produced by VIDEOCON (Official licensee for the indian market). On the Philips support site there isn't a newer firmware version availible (yet). Normally, if there is a newer firmware availible, it should apear there:

http://www.p4c.philips.com/cgi-bin/dcbint/cpindex.pl?ctn=42PFL7977/V7&slg=EN&scy=IN

Am I right? Did you bought your TV in India (or that region)? I think you should contact your local Philips support desk, and ask them about the latest firmware. They should have an anwer!

Regards, Jarno.

Laxman
03-06-2014, 05:20 AM
Hi Jarno,

This TV is from india . As a consumer why should i be worried about whether it is produced by videocon or XYZ. Like any other philips brand model it should allow me to download and upgrade my software from philips site.

Laxman
03-06-2014, 05:24 AM

Dear RDX,

For getting software version you should go to ATV menu and settings , Then to software. It displays the software version.

Jarnimo
03-06-2014, 10:15 AM
Hi Jarno,

This TV is from india . As a consumer why should i be worried about whether it is produced by videocon or XYZ. Like any other philips brand model it should allow me to download and upgrade my software from philips site.

Hi,

Yes I agree with you, all the software need to be listed on the Philips website. (For all Philips branded TV's!!)

I made a quick search on Google and I couldn't find any firmware for this model. Maybe there isn't another firmware version yet. Did you tried to contact Philips about this?

About Videocon: Philips is outsourcing it's complete TV bussiness for the Indian market, to Videocon: Design, production, marketing and sales.

Maybe you can contact Videocon? I don't know how works this(?) Normally Philips should supply firmware by their website.

Regards, Jarno.

Philips - Thomas
03-06-2014, 10:43 AM
Hi,

latest FW for the TV is DEC 2013.
I would also suggest to directly contact the local Service to see where to get the latest FW.
As, this Forum is mainly for the European Devices.

Regards
Thomas

Jarnimo
03-06-2014, 10:58 AM
Hi,

latest FW for the TV is DEC 2013.
I would also suggest to directly contact the local Service to see where to get the latest FW.
As, this Forum is mainly for the European Devices.

Regards
Thomas

Hi Thomas,

European devices produced by Tpvision!! I am from Europe and I own a Philips TV produced by Tpvision! BUT: Don' t you agree that it's very CONFUSING for another Philips customers?

For example; How somebody from USA should know that it's produced by FUNAI? How somebody from India should know that it's produced by VIDEOCON?

Customers think that this is the right place to be to have answers for their questions. They see this as the "main" Philips TV forum! Whatever country they bought it! I saw many people from Usa or India looking for answers here; They don't know that this is not the right place to be!

Regards,
Jarno

Philips - Thomas
03-06-2014, 11:14 AM
Hi

that is why we have Moderators who are trying to get the answers or at least give you some Ideas where to get them. :)

Regards
Thomas

Laxman
03-06-2014, 02:41 PM
I had pathetic experience form Philips.

I bought 42PFL7977 on 31st October 2013 from Panaji Goa India. after 45 days the analog audio output connection stopped functioning. After registering compliant through the philips website i got an automated mail from website, but nobody from the company responded. Then i had to rewrite a complaint mail to the support which then registered the complaint.
Technical engineer said that the board had to be replaced. Board was replaced after 2 weeks on 29th jan 2014.
Once the board was replaced the original problem was solved but more problems started.
1. There was a “m mode” logo on the top right corner.
2. After the power was switched on if the USB drive was plugged in it was directly opening the USB drive.
3. Volume increment was in multiple of 4 ie 4,8,12,16…….
4. Old Videocon DDB interface which did not update till date.(With older board it had automatically updated to a new interface)
5. For watching 3D I have to change the setting to swap instead of normal mode.
6. The 3D quality has deteriorated to giving a pathetic experience.
7. TV hangs and more so when playing 3D and HD
8. The picture quality has degraded.
9. The TV takes more time to start with around 25 to 30 blinks of red LED. Earlier it used to be something like 10 LED.
10. The TV goes out of breath while playing even full HD and hangs or freezes. (Something like when a HD video is run on a computer with low powered microprocessor with less memory)
11. When powered on after many beeps Philips logo is displayed on screen and then it goes into standby mode.

After repeated mails to philips customer service nobody is interested in solving the problem.
Engineer says that the software has to be upgraded but has no idea how to update the software. He went after a failed attempt.

Now I will be seeking legal advise to get a refund from philips.

Laxman
03-25-2014, 09:27 AM
I got the full TV set replaced from Philips (42PFL7977/V7 AX).Now the software version is 9jan2013.

Jarnimo
03-25-2014, 12:06 PM
I got the full TV set replaced from Philips (42PFL7977/V7 AX).Now the software version is 9jan2013.

Good to hear, very nice!!

Goodluck with your new Tv set!

Irenawilson
05-04-2014, 08:09 AM
Please I need help!
I need antivirus for my smart tv?
From where I can get it?
Thanks a lot

Toengel
05-04-2014, 09:24 AM
Hi,

why do you need such software?

Toengel@Alex

Irenawilson
05-04-2014, 11:53 AM
Afraid that can get viruses from the internet using my TV...
Or not?

Toengel
05-04-2014, 05:19 PM
Hi,

you don't.

Toengel@Alex

samuele
05-04-2014, 11:13 PM
__;)__

Fikret
08-16-2014, 11:02 AM
My TV (4000 series) is automatically switching ON after 5 minutes when switched OFF. This happend after latest software update. Any ideas?

Toengel
08-16-2014, 07:21 PM
Hi,

which TV model do you have exactly and which firmware version number do you have?

Toengel@Alex

hjulskov
08-26-2014, 07:34 PM
My TV (4000 series) is automatically switching ON after 5 minutes when switched OFF. This happend after latest software update. Any ideas?

I also have this problem among others. See my post in this thread (http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?15953-Experience-thread-FW-v3-10-0-1-%283-10%29-for-42x8-44x8-45x8-and-49x8-2013&p=76284#post76284)

My TV is a 40PFL4508T/12 and firmware is version v3.10.0.1 (3.10).

woutzor
09-15-2014, 09:08 PM
Hi,

I'm having a problem updating my parents 32PFL5008H/12.

Its having lots of issues like the TV will suddenly turn on a couple of seconds when its turned off by remote, apps crash instantly after clicking on them in Smart TV (Youtube), when trying to view a source like photo's on USB it'll search file (scanning bar on screen) but crashes back to TV etc...

Its current firmware is TPM1013E_002.030.000.001 but it will not update to any newer or latest firmware...

When trying to update it through 'TV with internet' it seems like its downloading the firmware (first bar) but crashes with the second operation (second bar) -> Black screen and just boots up without showing signs that its updated...

Upgrading through USB is mostly the same story... doesn't work :(

Any help will be appreciated ;)

alanmcbumble
09-16-2014, 02:53 AM
hi there, i have a 46PFL8007T/12 and have recently upgraded my software as i realised it hadnt been done in 2yrs and the software i had was flagged as a security risk through the GUI and internet.

couple of days after the update i switched my telly of and it wouldnt switch back on again with the standby button blinking twice.

is this the update or hardware issue??

many thanks

maval
10-01-2014, 11:20 AM
TV: Philips 65PFS6659
FW: QN141E_012.003.010.128

Hey. Every time i turn on the TV then starts Amblilight. this was not before the update of the latest software. When will Philips fix this?