PDA

View Full Version : No upgrades for 2010 NetTV models anymore?

Grzechoo1
07-18-2012, 04:36 PM
I've just talked to local on-line support and they told me that for my TV (7605) new upgrades will not be developed anymore. Generally, NetTV technology will not be evaluated any longer. All effort will be set to SmartTV. And of course there is no way to upgrade TV firmware from NetTV to SmartTV.
Is that both true?

If it is, I must say that I'm very disappointed. How is it possible that 2010 TV model is already discontinued? I can understood that company must go further, but you cannot forget about millions of your existing customers. Especially that current offer of supported apps/gadgets looks very weak for my region.

I'm afraid that it was my last deal I made with Philips, because I do not like how Philips threat their existing customers.

Regards
Grzechoo1

klauzser
07-26-2012, 04:11 AM
I'm afraid it is so. I've been waiting for months, but still nothing so I just gave up. Will just buy any model from either 2011 or 12. http://imagicon.info/cat/12-19/icon_smile1.gif

bta
07-26-2012, 05:49 PM
Hi Grzechoo1,

SmartTV is almost a new name for NetTV. My 7605h/12 @current FW 140.047 has SmartTV. The name of the Icon at the home menu is not relevant.

But there are more and more some SmartTV services that run only at '11 and '12 models, also hbbtv at '10 models is not there - for some channels that are point by philips via IP-EPG show the same content as SmartTV; Even if you can start the hbbtv pages via hbbig, philips says that hbbtv is not possible at '10 models due to technical limitations.

Enjoy yor TV, it's fun!
bta