PDA

View Full Version : 46PFL8686H - Zoom Out feature

Marqueux
07-19-2012, 10:28 AM
Hello,

Is there any way to zoom out in order to reduce display size, even if there are black lines all around the display.
Indeed, not FullHD video are quite ugly (more or less important if SD or 720p) and unfortunatly, only few TV channels are in Full HD.

Moreover, my wife during object or scene moves has some eye/brain troubles (she feels dizzy).

Thanx for your feedback.

Marqueux

Marqueux
07-22-2012, 12:14 PM
Any feedback?:confused:

zlatko
07-22-2012, 05:57 PM
@Marqueux
Your question is not very clear. If you set your picture size to Unscaled you will get 1:1 pixel mapping on HD and fit to height on SD. That is the "smallest" picture size you can get from TV. There is now way to downscale the picture.
About movements feeling different than what you are accustomed - turn OFF PNM.

Marqueux
07-23-2012, 08:43 AM
Thanks Zlatko.
Turn OFF PNM solves partially the problem. That's greate. :cool:

Even if I set picture size to Unscalled, the scale is not optimized for non-fullHD video. The screen is decreased a little little bit, but not enought to get rid pixels off.
On my TVIX recorder, I have a zoom in/out feature to get video smaller. It allows not to move my sofa depending on the video definition :p

zlatko
07-23-2012, 09:10 AM
@Marqueux
HD TV sets in general are not for SD content. They have 5 time more pixels than best SD signal. So a compromise has to be accepted. Unscaled is the golden median in that case.

Marqueux
07-23-2012, 09:15 AM
Ok, thanks.

But if Philips wants to add such a feature, it would be greate.;)

I think it's not so hard as they already have it in hand (for example in NetTV, there is the channel view in a little window).

Have a nice day

Marc