PDA

View Full Version : Screen size changes to Philips 42PFL5522D

goahead
07-19-2012, 12:36 PM
The remote for my Philips 42PFL5522D is not working anymore, and I bought one of these universal controls .
The only thing i am not able to do is change the screen size, is there any side button combination that allows me to switch between the various screen sizes (since it is stuck on the smallest 4:3 I believe)

Thanks in advance for any help

klauzser
07-20-2012, 03:38 AM
There should always be buttons available at the side of the TV where you can manage to change the screen size including other functions. http://imagicon.info/cat/12-19/vbsmile.png

goahead
07-20-2012, 03:12 PM
There are, but none to change Picture formats for 4:3 and 16:9 screens. Do you know how to do that ?

Philips - Benedickte
07-20-2012, 03:56 PM
The remote for my Philips 42PFL5522D is not working anymore, and I bought one of these universal controls .
The only thing i am not able to do is change the screen size, is there any side button combination that allows me to switch between the various screen sizes (since it is stuck on the smallest 4:3 I believe)

Thanks in advance for any help

Hi goahead.

What do you mean your old remote control doesn't work anymore?
Is it long time since you changed the batteries in this? if so, please put new batteries in and try. Alternatively you can reset your remote control. You reset your remote control like this:

1. Take batteries out.
2. Press every single button on the remote control.
3. Putt batteries back in.

Have a good weekend.

Benedickte

goahead
07-20-2012, 04:09 PM
Benedickte, I have changed the batteries but does not work. I will try the reset option. Any idea if I can use the side buttons to change the screen format ?

goahead
07-20-2012, 04:22 PM
Just tried the reset sequence.. still not working :-) Might be something to do with the infrared ..

Philips - Benedickte
07-23-2012, 02:46 PM
Just tried the reset sequence.. still not working :-) Might be something to do with the infrared ..

Hi,

Could you please check if you got a button on your universal remote control that looks like a square with 2 arrows pointing inwards or outwards on it? If so, this is the format button. Press this to change format.

To check if the original remote control works you can use a digital camera and point the remote control at it, press buttons and check if you can see any light.

Best Regards
Benedickte