PDA

View Full Version : BDP7600/12 connectivity issue

Krateros
07-21-2012, 12:03 PM
Hello,

My BDP7600 is connected through a HDMI cable (CEC certified) to the HDMI 1 port of a 52PFL9606H TV.
I am facing several problems which I dont know if they come from the TV or the BD.

Firstly, the TV installs/uninstalls/reinstalls the BD several times per week. In the TV menu the BD is shown some times with all its features (USB, Disc playing etc) listed separately, some other times all these features are listed twice, occasionally the BD only listed as BD Player and it happened once or twice not to be listed at all.

Secondly, the BD crashes many times especially when playing video files from an external usb HDD and once a while displays a brief "HDCP Error" message. When it crashes, I have to unplug it. It has also happened to crash during standby.

Note that Easylink is activated in both devices, HDMI cable is CEC compliant and HDMI-ARC is disabled on TV.

I have tried to use all available HDMI ports in TV but problems persist. I have also tried to reinstall several times the BD by switching off both devices and reconnect them and I reseted also both devices to factory settings.
I was advised by another forum to deactivate easylink but I don't want to since one the main reasons I selected a Philips BD is to be fully compliant with my Philips TV.

I am really confused, cause I can not determine if these problems come from TV, BD or both.

Any help will be highly appreciated before I will contact Philips Service.

PS.: TV firmware Q5551-0.14.99.0_bld78a
BD firmware 1.55

kwinnie
07-23-2012, 02:56 AM
maybe you can try resetting your device to factory settings?
judging on #1 and #2 issue you mentioned, seems the performance of the device is not very stable.

you can try to do the reset the below way:
setup > advanced > factory default

Krateros
07-24-2012, 10:23 AM
maybe you can try resetting your device to factory settings?
judging on #1 and #2 issue you mentioned, seems the performance of the device is not very stable.

you can try to do the reset the below way:
setup > advanced > factory default

Thank you for your response.
I have already try resetting both devices but no improvement.

kwinnie
07-25-2012, 03:07 AM
Thank you for your response.
I have already try resetting both devices but no improvement.

further looking into your 2nd issue, HDCP ERROR means HD content protection error. The file you played seems to be encrypted. Maybe you have to find another source for your movies...

kwinnie
07-25-2012, 03:08 AM
for issue 1, not sure if you did the resetting in your tv or bdp.
will that be too troublesome for you to reset your tv?