PDA

View Full Version : Your experiences with FW v0.14.99.0 for 5806, 6000 and 7000 series (2011 models)

Philips - Thomas
07-23-2012, 02:41 PM
Hi

14.99 is online.

Here is the Changelog:

· Content from maxdome is distorted in autozoom on a 16:9 set.

· Set blocked when subtitle menu is opened and HbbTV is present.

· Videociety streaming is causing a TV crash.

· TV switches on with Perfect Natural Motion switched on by default. The user has to switch off PNM each time if they don't want it.

· Improvement on picture performance.
(has been renamed as it was bit to tecchie for normal users)

Important: Please perform a COLD REBOOT after updating (when TV is running again) the firmware (goto standby, wait 2 minutes and plug out the power cord for 2-3 minutes)!

Regards
Thomas

bezio
07-24-2012, 08:39 AM
Hello,
but the PNM is equal to HD Natural Motion (7406M/08)? Why I've turned off, whereas images rendered unreal.
I do not know anyone who has had this insane idea, in fact I usually update once a new firmware but not this time.
Will update if updates will be made ​​better, like USB recording without using the internet (such as models 2012) and improvement of the player that is worth.
regards
Eros
(online translator)

RomanSO
07-24-2012, 02:47 PM
Hi
· TV switches on with Perfect Natural Motion switched on by default. The user has to switch off PNM each time if they don't want it.

· Improvement on picture performance.
(has been renamed as it was bit to tecchie for normal users)

It is pleasant to see that updating is let out after all.
But who thought up to make PNM switched on by default??? WHY?????? I don`t use it, 'cause the image looks like a cheap TV series with this feature :confused:

And what do you mean "Improvement on picture performance" - please, give some more info.

Toengel
07-24-2012, 02:59 PM
Hi,

the 1st one is the description of the bug...

The other one is some enhancement of the backlight behaviour.

Toengel@Alex

bezio
07-24-2012, 03:57 PM
I do not understand
The bug is that the PNM did not work well (until 14.98) or not activated automatically?

Philips - Thomas
07-24-2012, 04:03 PM
Hi

the Bug was, that PNM was always active, no mater if you have disabled this Feature in the Menu or not. After a Restart of the TV, PNM was active.
Now PNM can be disabled, when You or any other User want to disable PNM and PNM will stay disabled as long as you wish.

Thomas

@RomanSO

PNM is a feature of this TV set.
It is your Decision if you want to use it or not, you have your personal sight to this, other Users have other Sites. It was a Bug that PNM is active and now we solved it.

Thomas

bezio
07-24-2012, 04:37 PM
Very well, now I understand, but on the support site it says "users have to switch it off every time they turn onthe TV. (Only applicable to 7000 series)"..... and so it seems you should turn off every time you turn on the tv.
Question: My TV has HD Natural Motion, also works here or not?
Because I felt that the On-Off function well.
Eros

VeijoM
07-24-2012, 07:20 PM
Hi Philips programmers!

You seem to have messed something with the latest firmwares. With my TV (37PFL6606T/12) I cannot anymore "hide" channels from channel list (using FIND/OPTIONS). With the latest firmware that I could load from within TV this was still enabled, but after I upgraded the previous and now this firmware through USB (these upgrades cannot be loaded directly from internet throught the TV upgrade), the option of hiding a channel has been missing.

THIS SHOULD BE CORRECTED A.S.A.P.

Think about it: I can use favorites as a possibility to limit the channels I watch, but with EPG I still get all the 400 and more channels to the EPG-list as they aren't blocked. If this is a intentional, I question your motives for such :-) User experience of this TV dropped from the already low 50% to low 10% with this omission (as the EPG already was terrible missing info from many many channels, do something with that also, please).

I feel a bit ridiculous asking for such corrections of errors, that shouldn't have happened in the first place.

-Veijo-

Toengel
07-24-2012, 07:28 PM
Hi,

this function was removed due to a legal issue (see: http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?4389-Your-experiences-with-FW-v0-14-95-0-for-8000-9000-and-21-9-series-(2011-models)&p=24757&viewfull=1#post24757)

The announcement can also be found here: http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?4389-Your-experiences-with-FW-v0-14-95-0-for-8000-9000-and-21-9-series-(2011-models)&p=24687&viewfull=1#post24687

Toengel@Alex

VeijoM
07-24-2012, 08:06 PM
Hi,

this function was removed due to a legal issue (see: http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?4389-Your-experiences-with-FW-v0-14-95-0-for-8000-9000-and-21-9-series-(2011-models)&p=24757&viewfull=1#post24757)

The announcement can also be found here: http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?4389-Your-experiences-with-FW-v0-14-95-0-for-8000-9000-and-21-9-series-(2011-models)&p=24687&viewfull=1#post24687

Toengel@Alex

All was said about this in that thread, I have to admit, except the reason. I still question the motive. Where is the motive explained? I mean, WHAT legal issues are there that a TV manufacturer cannot make different software options in their TVs? Who has sued Philips in this matter and on what basis?

Guess am I buying or recommending anyone buying a Philips TV set after this?

-Veijo-

Toengel
07-24-2012, 08:12 PM
Hi,

I guess, that someone has a patent on that feature (or is saying that he has). And before Philips get sued, they deactivated that feature...

Toengel@Alex

hardsoft
07-25-2012, 06:36 AM
58PFL9956/T12: The backlight operation doesn't satisfy me. If I have a ~ static black background with white text and automatic picture scaling, the backlights slowly switch (kind of spread) on from the text to the edges of the screen and there's no completely black area at all. Theres also some kind of old bug that the light or screen flashes off for like 0.01 secs every now and then ~ 15 to 30 mins. or is this a feature with some image improvement function?

Luckyly the native contrast is fine so no need for local dimming so far.

Made just quick tests yesterday - got to do some more.

VeijoM
07-25-2012, 06:46 AM
Hi,

I guess, that someone has a patent on that feature (or is saying that he has). And before Philips get sued, they deactivated that feature...

Toengel@Alex

If that is the case, it might be possible that a manufacturer pays the fees for the patent issue and don't cripple their products, offering less than when the product was bought. We are talking about a product that is no longer in production so the legal issues don't affect the sales anymore (like with Samsung/Apple where there are legal issues about if the product can be sold at all). And I really doubt Philips would have lost the case, though one can never be certain.

Thanks Toengel, but Philips should have explained the "legal" issue better (unless it is said somewhere else?).

-Veijo-

zlatko
07-25-2012, 10:54 AM
@hardsoft
You are on the wrong thread buddy(having 58PFL9956) - we are discussing similar issues here:
http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?6621-Your-experiences-with-FW-v0-14-99-0-for-8000-9000-and-21-9-series-%282011-models%29

Please join there! :)

Markus77
07-25-2012, 11:45 AM
Hi there,

This firmware is not available on the dutch philips site. I have found it on the German site but i'm not sure i can use that file.

http://www.philips.nl/c/televisie/7000-series-107-cm-42-inch-easy-3d-dvb-t-c-42pfl7606h_12/prd/nl/;jsessionid=6626C61AF770EFBA2BE098D557978169.app10 2-drp2?t=support

When is this firmware available on the dutch site?

grt

Mark

bezio
07-25-2012, 01:26 PM
(32PFL7406M/08)
Hello, has anyone installed the firmware and tells me that you can turn off HD Natural Motion (I'm not Perfect Natural Motion) and does not wake up every time I turn off the TV?
I tried last night and I do not have the bug if it is off and remains off the difference (f 14.98).

thanks Eros

Manuel
07-25-2012, 03:26 PM
You can use that file, they are not "language dependent" only must use exactly same model.

Hi there,

This firmware is not available on the dutch philips site. I have found it on the German site but i'm not sure i can use that file.

http://www.philips.nl/c/televisie/7000-series-107-cm-42-inch-easy-3d-dvb-t-c-42pfl7606h_12/prd/nl/;jsessionid=6626C61AF770EFBA2BE098D557978169.app10 2-drp2?t=support

When is this firmware available on the dutch site?

grt

Mark

bezio
07-27-2012, 09:33 AM
Updated ...... no news worthy of note ... Hello

BeranMuden
07-27-2012, 11:12 AM
Hi all,

Sad to see there is still no solution for the HD sound-drop issue.
For me that's the only large error that's still bugging my TV.

Any information on how far Philips is progressing into finding a possible fix for this?

Thanks in advance and regards,
B.M.

tiomiguel
07-28-2012, 12:06 AM
Firmwares and more firmwares, but OPTICAL OUTPUT issue is not solved: AS all other brands, you have to allow choose digital output format between PCM 2 channel or multichannel

Disconnecting speakers also disconnects headphones...

surfsmurf
07-28-2012, 04:28 PM
hi... any idea why this firmware isn't found by the TV itself? trought the network? do you really have to do it by yourself via USB stick?

Toengel
07-29-2012, 09:47 AM
Hi,

yes - you need to do it via USB stick... Not a bug of your TV... ;-)

Toengel@Alex

Joerg*
07-30-2012, 07:51 AM
Hi,

Occasionally switching in stand-by still exist.

I'm using the TV as a "monitor only", connected via HDMI to a Kathrein external satellite receiver. The switching into stand-by occurs only during the start procedure:

1. switching on the hardware switch at the lower side of the TV.
2. Philips Logos appear
3. Immediately start of the TV by Remote Control
4. starting of the satellite receiver
5. last choosen TV broadcast appears at the screen
6. independently shut-down of the TV into stand-by again some seconds later

This shut-down into stand-by occurs only when switching-on the TV by remote control directly following the hardware switch-on.
When waiting a little bit after using the hardware switch, the TV does not switch into stand-by.

But as I said above, this behaviour occurs occasionally and not on each cold start of the TV set.

Joerg

Philips
07-30-2012, 09:23 AM
.....This shut-down into stand-by occurs only when switching-on the TV by remote control directly following the hardware switch-on. When waiting a little bit after using the hardware switch, the TV does not switch into stand-by.

But as I said above, this behaviour occurs occasionally and not on each cold start of the TV set.

Joerg

Hi Joerg,

As you already stated yourself, you must wait untill the TV has started up completely. So do NOT push the RC when the logo is still on!

Kind regards,
JuAn

Joerg*
07-30-2012, 09:40 AM
..., you must wait untill the TV has started up completely. So do NOT push the RC when the logo is still on!

Thanks for your quick reply, JuAn. But I think this kind of bug fixing should not be handed over to the customers. Such errors are normally discovered at a "dumbest assumable user test" where users, e.g. kids, are playing arround with the remote control to provoke any system crashes.
For the o.m. issue Philips should e.g. integrate a simple software timer for the remote sensor, so that this sensor is activated only when the boot process is completely finished.

Brgds
Joerg

starterz
07-30-2012, 11:41 AM
OK, I received the new firmware through the Internet update, not over USB. This happened only once before. Installed without any problem.

As stated here, I turned off the TV completely (power cord too) for several minutes after the update.

My 40PFL6606H/12 uses a CAM module with a smartcard (DVB-T, www.boomtv.mk), with an external antenna connected to the TV. There is a PS2 connected to Component input.

I can say that this firmware is the first where I really see WORSE performance from the TV. So far, it has been mostly nothing new - apart from the .srt support for USB media.

After the update, I experience problems while starting the TV...it seems like it is not detecting the CAM module with the smart card and no picture is shown. Even the home button does not work while in this state, the TV is in some kind of a loop.

I have to restart it several times (4 times this morning) to have a functional TV. This is AWFUL, especially when the children have to do it by themselves and call me on the phone.

When it starts OK, works just like any firmware before. The loss of audio/video in short intervals while playing video from a laptop through HDMI is still present last time I checked.

I am really starting to get disillusioned with the TV - audio/video is mostly excellent, but firmware development and support is plain rubbish. Do you even test new firmware on EVERY model it is intended for?

Please check this problem and resolve it as soon as possible. You have my MAC address from before, when I had problems with NetTV.

Any immediate feedback would be highly appreciated.

Philips
07-30-2012, 11:56 AM
Thanks for your quick reply, JuAn. But I think this kind of bug fixing should not be handed over to the customers. Such errors are normally discovered at a "dumbest assumable user test" where users, e.g. kids, are playing arround with the remote control to provoke any system crashes.
For the o.m. issue Philips should e.g. integrate a simple software timer for the remote sensor, so that this sensor is activated only when the boot process is completely finished.

Brgds
Joerg

Hey Joerg,

Please confirm if I read it correctly: you mention that you switch ON the TV by its main switch, and after that you push the POWER button on the RC? IS that correct? Please describe exactly WHICH button you press on the RC during the display of the LOGO.

I did some tests myself on a similar model and same SW, but could NOT reproduce this "going to Standby" issue. The TV shows a blinking red LED when pushing a button on the RC during the display of the logo, but after that it starts up normally.

Regards,
JuAn

Joerg*
07-31-2012, 06:24 AM
Good Morning JuAn,
Thanks for your interest in this issue. I will try to reproduce it exactly this evening. But you are right, the LED is blinking when pushing the ON/OFF button at RC during the boot process of the TV. But immediately after accepting the start command from RC and showing the TV broadcast, the TV goes into stand-by again. After pushing the button again it starts as usual and running the whole evening.
I will come through tomorrow again with my test results.

So far.
Brgds
Joerg

Philips - Thomas
07-31-2012, 06:29 AM
Hi Joerg,

Just to be sure, why do you press the On/Off Button on the Remote at the Startup?
What exactly do you do before you Switch the TV on.
As you indicate, you do that via the Main Switch on the TV, so the... Day before you did turn off the TV via the Main Switch.
Why not using the Remote to put the TV in Stand By?

Regards
Thomas

Joerg*
07-31-2012, 06:37 AM
Hi Joerg,

Just to be sure, why do you press the On/Off Button on the Remote at the Startup?
What exactly do you do before you Switch the TV on.
As you indicate, you do that via the Main Switch on the TV, so the... Day before you did turn off the TV via the Main Switch.
Why not using the Remote to put the TV in Stand By?

Regards
Thomas

Hi Thomas,

On the evening before we always turn-off the TV by pushing the ON/OFF button at RC. After the TV is completely shut-down (that means when the Ambilight is turned-off some seconds after the screen), we switch-off also the main hardware switch at the TV.
On next day, when intending to watch TV, we switch-on the main hardware switch at the TV, start the external SAT receiver, and pushing the ON/OFF button at RC. And by the way, nobody in my family, except me, is observing whether the TV has the boot process finished or not. They are pushing the ON/OFF button at the RC as long as the TV is reacting and showing the TV broadcast. But thereafter occasionally the TV goes in stand-by again. That's our procedure.

Regards
Joerg

Philips - Thomas
07-31-2012, 06:45 AM
Hi Joerg

well i have to say thats normal behavior.
If the TV is set to Stand By before the Main Switch is used, the TV will start to Stand By.
The TV will always start to the Status, the TV was before the Main Switch was used to shut the TV down.
Try it yourself, Turn the TV on, watch TV, use the Main switch (not the RC!), wait ~3min, and use the Main Switch again to turn the TV on, the TV will start up directly with no Stand By.
For the external Receiver, if the Receiver is connected via Scart, even if the TV is in Stand By, just wait for the TV to boot up and even if the TV boots to stand By, turn the Receiver on, the TV will automatically switch on.
If its an HDMI connected Receiver, check if the Receiver supports "HDMI CEC One Touch Play" or CEC at all, if yes, the TV will work the same way as it does via Scart.

Regards
Thomas

starterz
07-31-2012, 07:47 AM
Thomas, anyone...please provide some feedback for my problem I explained in an earlier message. The TV could not start for 30 mins this morning.

How is this possible that one new firmware version can break the TV? Is this called an upgrade?

Please check the problem as soon as possible and provide instructions.

OK, I received the new firmware through the Internet update, not over USB. This happened only once before. Installed without any problem.

As stated here, I turned off the TV completely (power cord too) for several minutes after the update.

My 40PFL6606H/12 uses a CAM module with a smartcard (DVB-T, www.boomtv.mk), with an external antenna connected to the TV. There is a PS2 connected to Component input.

I can say that this firmware is the first where I really see WORSE performance from the TV. So far, it has been mostly nothing new - apart from the .srt support for USB media.

After the update, I experience problems while starting the TV...it seems like it is not detecting the CAM module with the smart card and no picture is shown. Even the home button does not work while in this state, the TV is in some kind of a loop.

I have to restart it several times (4 times this morning) to have a functional TV. This is AWFUL, especially when the children have to do it by themselves and call me on the phone.

When it starts OK, works just like any firmware before. The loss of audio/video in short intervals while playing video from a laptop through HDMI is still present last time I checked.

I am really starting to get disillusioned with the TV - audio/video is mostly excellent, but firmware development and support is plain rubbish. Do you even test new firmware on EVERY model it is intended for?

Please check this problem and resolve it as soon as possible. You have my MAC address from before, when I had problems with NetTV.

Any immediate feedback would be highly appreciated.

starterz
07-31-2012, 07:57 AM
Since this update arrived through the internet on my TV, is it an option to try reinstalling the same version again from USB? Other options, like downgrade?

starterz
07-31-2012, 01:47 PM
Anyone tried reinstalling the same firmware? Is it safe to try?

Philips - Thomas
07-31-2012, 01:51 PM
Hi

well it is safe because the TV will detect that this FW is already installed.
About your CAM, does this also Happen with no CAM inside?

Thomas

starterz
07-31-2012, 01:59 PM
Hi

well it is safe because the TV will detect that this FW is already installed.
About your CAM, does this also Happen with no CAM inside?

Thomas

I have not tried this, since I was waiting for some instructions from your side - if you can check the problem remotely etc.

I will try reinstalling first, and then try it without the CAM if the problem still exists. But nevertheless, it had been working just fine with the previous firmware version - with the CAM installed.

There is a problem with this firmware for sure, as this started happening right after the upgrade with no other changes in the configuration and/or connected hardware.

Can I provide any other information so you can analyse this problem better? What will happen if the problem does not exist without the CAM? I don't have the original set top box anymore as I should not need it.

tiomiguel
07-31-2012, 02:11 PM
I have a 42pfl7606k

i apply every firmwares in hope tv beahviour would improve...

But tv beahviour is crazy...

And problem i have exposed is not solved... Allow to choose optcal digital output format...

There are hard competitors in tv world... Philips has to offer features better than them...

Perhaps many buyers have a sound equipment, and need audio output flexibility...

All other brands offer this flexibility, and let choose between pcm stereo and multichannel... Here optical output format does not allow this... All the brands offers this feature

you have to solve this

2012 models have corrected this...

I think this can be solved in firmware

if i can not use digital output for my sound system, next tv will not be philips

if you solve this, you will have a happy costumer of your brand

i have been choosed philips for many years, many products

and i want to do the same in the future

we help you to improve your products....

But yoy have to solve these issues

Joerg*
07-31-2012, 07:11 PM
Hi Joerg

well i have to say thats normal behavior.
If the TV is set to Stand By before the Main Switch is used, the TV will start to Stand By.
The TV will always start to the Status, the TV was before the Main Switch was used to shut the TV down.
Try it yourself, Turn the TV on, watch TV, use the Main switch (not the RC!), wait ~3min, and use the Main Switch again to turn the TV on, the TV will start up directly with no Stand By.
For the external Receiver, if the Receiver is connected via Scart, even if the TV is in Stand By, just wait for the TV to boot up and even if the TV boots to stand By, turn the Receiver on, the TV will automatically switch on.
If its an HDMI connected Receiver, check if the Receiver supports "HDMI CEC One Touch Play" or CEC at all, if yes, the TV will work the same way as it does via Scart.

Regards
Thomas

Hi Thomas,
The external receiver is connected via HDMI but without CEC functionality. I understand that the TV is resuming the last state when switching-on the hardware switch the next time. But this means for me always "stand-by" because we always switch-off the TV by RC before switching-off by hardware switch. This is always the same procedure every day.
That's why the TV is proceeding to stand-by mode after switching-on the hardware switch, irrespective whether the Sat receiver is already running or not.

This evening I'm not able to re-produce the bug. I have enforced switching-on by RC directly after switching-on the hardware toggle. The red LED at the TV was blinking fast on each RC push until the boot process was finished. But without going to stand-by again (for this time). I will observe the behaviour during the next time and report here accordingly.

Brgds
Joerg

starterz
08-01-2012, 12:34 PM
I have not tried this, since I was waiting for some instructions from your side - if you can check the problem remotely etc.

I will try reinstalling first, and then try it without the CAM if the problem still exists. But nevertheless, it had been working just fine with the previous firmware version - with the CAM installed.

There is a problem with this firmware for sure, as this started happening right after the upgrade with no other changes in the configuration and/or connected hardware.

Can I provide any other information so you can analyse this problem better? What will happen if the problem does not exist without the CAM? I don't have the original set top box anymore as I should not need it.

I tried reinstalling the same version of the firmware, but the TV does not allow me to do this. It does not detect the firmware on the USB at all. When I insert the USB, it just shows an empty USB menu.

Has anyone else tried reinstalling the same firmware?

Philips - Thomas
08-01-2012, 12:58 PM
Hi starterz,

i can confirm that it is not possible to "reinstall" the current FW, the TV will detect that this FW is already installed.

Regards
Thomas

starterz
08-01-2012, 01:07 PM
Hi starterz,

i can confirm that it is not possible to "reinstall" the current FW, the TV will detect that this FW is already installed.

Regards
Thomas

Ah damnit, misunderstanding. I understood you from the previous message that it is possible and it is safe. So nothing more can be done with this version of the firmware, as it is already installed.

I will be home for the next several days, and will try what happens concerning the CAM module.

Regards

tiomiguel
08-01-2012, 10:38 PM
I have a 42pfl7606k

i apply every firmwares in hope tv beahviour would improve...

But tv beahviour is crazy...

And problem i have exposed is not solved... Allow to choose optcal digital output format...

There are hard competitors in tv world... Philips has to offer features better than them...

Perhaps many buyers have a sound equipment, and need audio output flexibility...

All other brands offer this flexibility, and let choose between pcm stereo and multichannel... Here optical output format does not allow this... All the brands offers this feature

you have to solve this

2012 models have corrected this...

I think this can be solved in firmware

if i can not use digital output for my sound system, next tv will not be philips

if you solve this, you will have a happy costumer of your brand

i have been choosed philips for many years, many products

and i want to do the same in the future

we help you to improve your products....

But yoy have to solve these issues

I have contacted with PHILPS costumer support for exposing this problem, but the say thaey are NOT going to solve it...

So this will be my LAST PHILIPS TV... bye bye, PHILIPS...

RomanSO
08-02-2012, 06:27 AM
I completely agrees with tiomiguel and others.

Philips categorically don't want to eliminate problems which stated tens users at this forum. I don't know what to do. It is necessary only - to make one a choice money!

And I call all - DO NOT BUY Philips TVs - SOFTWARE AND SUPPORT are ABSOLUTELY AWFUL!

starterz
08-02-2012, 10:26 AM
Thomas, I had the problem again this morning. The TV could not start for 35 mins. I tried it without the CAM module, no changes in behaviour.

I tried a cold (switch off from TV and power cord off for 3 mins) reboot too, no changes too. It seems that the TV goes into some kind of a loop when booting. When I start the TV from the remote (the first time after the night) I see the Philips logo just like before, and then the TV goes into a loop - the screen goes from black to blue, backlighting goes on and off, and the led goes on and off too. The remote (power and home buttons) sometimes work, sometimes not. Sometimes I get the home screen for a few seconds, but the TV continues into the loop and I cannot go into home screen again or go into stand by through the remote.

How can you advice for us to upgrade the TV (Keep your TV healthy and up-to-date!) when your new firmware breaks the TV?!

Your firmware is truly a piece of garbage, and it makes an otherwise great TV looking like a cheap set. Please forward this to your developers.

Will you give me any advise concerning my problem? I already asked if you need any more information, so I ask again.

Do you think it is OK that I cannot start my TV for long periods every morning?

I am expecting any concrete actions I can try, or Philips remotely, to resolve my problem.

Can I get a tickeID through a troubleshooting system?

zdenoiva
08-03-2012, 02:57 PM
Hello,
I have 7606 model and after upgrade to 0.14.99 I have no problems.
I upgrade after TV shows me message about this update.
I see that menus and configurations of TV is little faster that before.
So if we will have full firmware so 1.0 (0.14 is still beta I believe) all will work fine.
All best to Philips team, but please listen to your customers!

starterz
08-05-2012, 09:59 PM
Thomas, I had the problem again this morning. The TV could not start for 35 mins. I tried it without the CAM module, no changes in behaviour.

I tried a cold (switch off from TV and power cord off for 3 mins) reboot too, no changes too. It seems that the TV goes into some kind of a loop when booting. When I start the TV from the remote (the first time after the night) I see the Philips logo just like before, and then the TV goes into a loop - the screen goes from black to blue, backlighting goes on and off, and the led goes on and off too. The remote (power and home buttons) sometimes work, sometimes not. Sometimes I get the home screen for a few seconds, but the TV continues into the loop and I cannot go into home screen again or go into stand by through the remote.

How can you advice for us to upgrade the TV (Keep your TV healthy and up-to-date!) when your new firmware breaks the TV?!

Your firmware is truly a piece of garbage, and it makes an otherwise great TV looking like a cheap set. Please forward this to your developers.

Will you give me any advise concerning my problem? I already asked if you need any more information, so I ask again.

Do you think it is OK that I cannot start my TV for long periods every morning?

I am expecting any concrete actions I can try, or Philips remotely, to resolve my problem.

Can I get a tickeID through a troubleshooting system?

The last 3-4 days, the TV starts OK. But now I have to add sudden stand-by and spontanious turn-ons to my remarks for the TV. Just a few hours ago, I switched off the TV from the remote. When we got back, the TV was turned on. While we were watching the Olympics, the TV switched off out of nowhere. After a few seconds, I started it again through the remote.

I have NEVER had these problems before, so I can confirm it is the last (0.99) firmware that I got through internet update.

Thomas, anyone, any feedback concerning my reported problems? Can I get a TicketID? Can we expect a new firmware anytime soon?

graphex
08-06-2012, 11:35 AM
Before the update, presented by the tv itself (internet), i had een programguide (thrid icon at menu)with logo's and a recording button on top. After the update the logo's are gone and the recording button is missing. What happend? Where my recording button?

Toengel
08-06-2012, 11:46 AM
Hi,

try to make a cold reboot (pull power cord when TV is in Standby)... wait 2 minutes, start again... wait 2 minutes, start IP-EPG...

Toengel@Alex

graphex
08-06-2012, 12:07 PM
Hi,

try to make a cold reboot (pull power cord when TV is in Standby)... wait 2 minutes, start again... wait 2 minutes, start IP-EPG...

Toengel@Alex

The cold reboot did not work. Still got the back and gray EPG. So, still no colors, no logo's no preview screen, (no advertisement) but most important. No recording option at the EPG...

I can record bij pressing the record button on the rc. But where can not find it back on a list or some thing...

Please help

Found the reasen.
Setup ->TV Settings-> Preferences -> Programme Guide
Was on from the broadcaster. When on From network i got my epg back!

Nachete
08-06-2012, 06:10 PM
Hello, I have the PFL-7606 3D model for Spain and the last FW update has stopped working v0.14.99.0 the HbbTV, please fix it soon

Wombat
08-12-2012, 06:47 PM
This is the first firmware that seems to establish a network connection always! Before this was a gamble and i never found out why.

starterz
08-12-2012, 07:47 PM
This is the first firmware that seems to establish a network connection always! Before this was a gamble and i never found out why.

Probably not a firmware issue :-) Can you explain, since I have never had any problems to connect the TV to the home network.

Wombat
08-12-2012, 08:54 PM
Probably not a firmware issue :-) Can you explain, since I have never had any problems to connect the TV to the home network.
Depends on the config. With several Blu-Ray players there are also complains about connection problems. My TV is connect over the bridge function of a wirelesss media-player. My HD-Recorder when connected there always gets the reserved ip adress. The TV didnīt always, i had to restart the media-player so the TV asks again. This didnīt happen always.
btw. Why do you need to know?

starterz
08-12-2012, 09:00 PM
Depends on the config. With several Blu-Ray players there are also complains about connection problems. My TV is connect over the bridge function of a wirelesss media-player. My HD-Recorder when connected there always gets the reserved ip adress. The TV didnīt always, i had to restart the media-player so the TV asks again. This didnīt happen always.
btw. Why do you need to know?

I just wanted to know if I can somehow help concerning the network configuration. My experience is that there should be no problems in a well configured network. Have you tried setting fixed IP addresses? Not reserved through DHCP, but fixed for every device you have?

Wombat
08-12-2012, 09:14 PM
I just wanted to know if I can somehow help concerning the network configuration. My experience is that there should be no problems in a well configured network. Have you tried setting fixed IP addresses? Not reserved through DHCP, but fixed for every device you have?
The network is configured correctly with fixed adresses, no need to help me. It must be the way the bridge in the media-player reacts on requests. I canīt change its behaviour, also i didnīt use much internet things ever but noticed the connection works always now without changing anything and this i reported. If it was something to wurry about i would have complained here earlier.

voidshah
08-15-2012, 11:05 AM
Is it possible to realize the switching of audiostream in the embedded player? It's very uncomfortable when the player only plays the first audiostream!

frank060272
08-16-2012, 09:32 AM
After the update the DLNA function stopped, my smartphones and tablets can not find the tv anymore :-( I contacted philips about this but they were not able to solve the problem. Now they are sending a mechanic to downgrade the 42pfl7676.

ayongkot
08-18-2012, 08:09 AM
The last 3-4 days, the TV starts OK. But now I have to add sudden stand-by and spontanious turn-ons to my remarks for the TV. Just a few hours ago, I switched off the TV from the remote. When we got back, the TV was turned on. While we were watching the Olympics, the TV switched off out of nowhere. After a few seconds, I started it again through the remote.

I have NEVER had these problems before, so I can confirm it is the last (0.99) firmware that I got through internet update.

Thomas, anyone, any feedback concerning my reported problems? Can I get a TicketID? Can we expect a new firmware anytime soon?

hi, i have a 37PFL6606/08 series and after the upgrade the tv reboots constantly after about 30-40 minutes of watching either by broadcast or film using my bluray player. i never had this issue before the software update. i tried to turn off the auto switch off and sleep timer set 0 but still the same. any help?

Sibilian
08-19-2012, 01:57 PM
Does anyone know why the options crystal clear and HD Natural Motions are not active in the TV menu?

Flowersun
08-19-2012, 07:30 PM
Hello Thomas,

the bug for the info text for satellite channels is still not solved in 14.99
Thought I described it detailed enough and it should be easy to solve.

So once more:

On DVB-C (Cable ) channels the info text seems correct, but on the same channel and the same program at the same time, the info text for DVB-S ( Satellite) is missing some characters.

See atteched screens and note the missing 's' in "Bangkok Dangerous"
and the last dot in the last word "Folgen.."

Often in this possition we see the year of the movie production which now appears as "200" or "201" missing the last digit.
recently I also see strange characters at the very beginning.

So please put the DVB-C programmer together with the DVB-S programmer and let them solve the bug.

It is not always obvious at each channel, but it very often appears on German channels.

See attached screenshots.

TV is 47PDF7606.

Philips - Benedickte
08-20-2012, 10:12 AM
hi, i have a 37PFL6606/08 series and after the upgrade the tv reboots constantly after about 30-40 minutes of watching either by broadcast or film using my bluray player. i never had this issue before the software update. i tried to turn off the auto switch off and sleep timer set 0 but still the same. any help?

Hi Ayongkot

I would advise you to contact your local customer service (http://www.support.philips.com/support/catalog_selector.jsp?COOKIE=off).

Best regards,
Benedickte

panel
08-26-2012, 10:05 PM
I completely agrees with tiomiguel and others.

Philips categorically don't want to eliminate problems which stated tens users at this forum. I don't know what to do. It is necessary only - to make one a choice money!

And I call all - DO NOT BUY Philips TVs - SOFTWARE AND SUPPORT are ABSOLUTELY AWFUL!
100% agree.

Summing up:
- poor alpha like software
- poor support
- almost no bug fixed
- honestly taking last 9 months you almost didn't do nothing with the firmware ;/

I already guided my few friends NOT to buy your products. Shame Philips SHAME

felcaetano
09-04-2012, 07:13 PM
Totally agree with everyone. Their hardware is not so bad... Could be better but is still worth because it's cheaper. But the software/firmware totally SU..CKS!
I cannot open any app because my TV crashs everytime... Sometimes it crashes when i try to change the brigthness... And i really hate watching something with HDMI because there is a stripe that shows the video delayed... I got 9 updates since them and no bugfixes at all...
But I cant blame the programmer(s)... they proly works a fu...ing lot to solve the problems with few people working around that.
The worst part is that it could be different if the source code was GNU-GPL and if there was a community working on it.

L1Zeeman
09-06-2012, 03:02 PM
After evaluating FW14.99 for 6 weeks I can report following issues, some new and some old ones (note: most issues are not reproducable but occur at random):
#1 No sound after closing CSM
#2 When watching a teletext page suddenly the message "No text available" is shown for a while.
#3 Recording function is blocked, message "Connect storage", but storage is connected and timeshift works, so the HDD is OK. Remedy: Disconnect and reconnect the HDD.
#4 At random need to accept Gracenote T&C's when opening IP-EPG
#5 OSD message "write error" after switching channels
#6 While playing a recording FREV starts at wrong time:
At the start of the recording FREV starts at approx T+1min
At the end (eg 45 minutes) FREV starts at approx T-1min
#7 TV reboots after opening EPG
#8 Ambilight continues to work after switching to stand-by. Ranging from 10 seconds to hours/continuously.
#9 No picture after switching channels
#10 EPG GUI doesn't load completely/properly
#11 TV shutsdown and reboots while playing a recording
#12 No sound after switching to 3D-mode
#13 Random bursts of macroblocks (presumably due to overload of the picture processing).
In one case I have confirmed it is indeed generated by the TV:
Switched on the TV from stand-by while a recording was in progres.
Bursts of macroblocks were visible about once every 5-10 seconds.
This problem continued after I stopped the recording.
Only after switching to another channel and back the problem was gone.
Upon playback of the recording the macroblocks were not visible, so the broadcast signal was OK.
#14 Resume playback time is latched at the first stop:
Playback till 15minutes, resume playback starts @ 15minutes
Playback till 30 minutes, resume playback starts @ 15minutes
Playback till 40 minutes, resume playback starts @ 15minutes
etc.
#15 Timeshift only starts to record after trying to acces it, so not possible to FREV to earlier parts that should be recorded.
#16 Ambilight switches on once scheduled recording starts while TV in stand-by.
#17 After pressing Stop during playback of a recording, the EPG hangs in a black screen.

@Philips: Can you please comment on above list of issues?
Are these issues known to Philips? Do you need additional info?

Yeahroen
09-14-2012, 07:03 PM
Excellent list of bugs L1Zeeman!!
But it looks like Philips is not listening to customers.

My TV has developed a new feature last week! Every morning around 6:05 the TV switches on. No picture, only audio (on optical cable). And plays for 10 mins and than switches off. :rolleyes:
Really cool feature, but where can I switch it off??

black.stream
09-14-2012, 08:13 PM
Too many bugs in this firmware. Especially while playing some file in tv player. It is really awfull. I know that you will not make it perfect in order to make people buy external players, but it is not fair because your tv's are quite expensive. My mkv file with 3D, video bitrate 8000 (1920*1080!) does not follow the sound. It is really annoying. And this is one of hundred problems firmware has.