PDA

View Full Version : Wi-Fi Media Connect - "Could not get respond from TV"

charafantah
07-23-2012, 06:11 PM
Hello,
I have a philips PFL4007K, I am using Windows 7.
My TV can connect to the internet, the computer is on the same network and i tried to disable the firewall and the antivirus.
Wifi media connect finds the TV (because it shows the TV Name and MAC Address) Then later gives an error saying ""Could not get respond from TV. Refer to online Wi-Fi MediaConnect FAQ."

Any idea?
Thanks and best regards,

Philips - Benedickte
07-24-2012, 02:16 PM
Hello,
I have a philips PFL4007K, I am using Windows 7.
My TV can connect to the internet, the computer is on the same network and i tried to disable the firewall and the antivirus.
Wifi media connect finds the TV (because it shows the TV Name and MAC Address) Then later gives an error saying ""Could not get respond from TV. Refer to online Wi-Fi MediaConnect FAQ."

Any idea?
Thanks and best regards,

Hi Charafantah.

On our 2012 tv's we are not using WiFi Media Connect. We are using a media manager taht you can download from the support page of your TV. You will find this under software and drivers. Choose media manager + server (Windows).

Best regards
Benedickte

petiadoseva
07-24-2012, 06:56 PM
Hi there! I have the same problem - I bought 42PFL4307H/12, set with Wireless USB adapter PTA01 and CD for Wi-Fi MediaConnect software download. BUT... When I am trying to connect the TV to the PC, it came this error - "Could not get respond from TV. Refer to online Wi-Fi MediaConnect FAQ." So, I am reading here and download the new software - Media Manager, but it want me to write a license key to activate this software... So, what have to do now? Please, help!

Toengel
07-24-2012, 07:01 PM
Hi,

when you register your TV with NetTV you got a mail with a link to activate it. On that webpage you need to create a Club-Philips account. In this accoount your TV is listed and there you can get the licence key.

Toengel@Alex

petiadoseva
07-24-2012, 07:24 PM
Thank you for the answer - I will try it tomorrow!

petiadoseva
07-25-2012, 08:24 AM
Hi again! I did all that you wrote, but I did`n receirved any message with licence key. Please, tell me where to find it?

Philips - Benedickte
07-25-2012, 08:39 AM
Hi again! I did all that you wrote, but I did`n receirved any message with licence key. Please, tell me where to find it?

Hi petiadoseva

You will recieve this key on an email.

Benedickte

charafantah
07-27-2012, 08:04 AM
Hello,
Thank you for your clarification.
I tried the Media Manager, however it does not fulfill my requirements.
Will you kindly recommend a way or a software that i can use to stream the whole screen or whole applications to the TV? But without having to use the TV remote.

Just like the media manager does when you select a media in the library and choose the TV then hit "play" it starts streaming immediately to TV.
I need to do the same thing but for the whole screen or for a certain application.

I tried other software (e.g. XMBC, Serviio) but they all add it as a UPnP stream and can only be accessed through the "my network" from the TV.

Thanks and best regards,
Ach

Philips - Thomas
08-03-2012, 09:05 AM
Hi

the Media manger we use is made by Twonky, they also have a Software called "Beam"
But this is only to be used within the Internet Explorer to share content within the Internet Explorer.
Besides that i don't know any Software to capture and stream the whole screen same time.

Regards
Thomas

user0815
08-03-2012, 09:15 AM
Besides that i don't know any Software to capture and stream the whole screen same time.

Regards
Thomas
Would'nt be the easiest way to connect the PC VGA output to the TV VGA input :cool:

Would recommed to buy a "Wireless VGA Extender" if that should work wireless

barbara
08-03-2012, 05:12 PM
I have too a problem of connection with the wifi media connect.The tv is connected to the rooter.but my computer doesnt find the tv and the icone i am suppose to clic on show a start projection. but not hightlighted! so i cannot start.
I did downloaded the software; few time ; still the same...
What to do ? can you help ?:confused:

betipet
08-05-2012, 02:49 AM
Hi,

when you register your TV with NetTV you got a mail with a link to activate it. On that webpage you need to create a Club-Philips account. In this accoount your TV is listed and there you can get the licence key.

Toengel@Alex

Hello, what about us that cant register the products we bought.
I got a 42PFL4307H/12 TV and I cant register it anywhere, because I am from Macedonia and they dont have support, I am already registered member of Club-Philps (UK) (at least I could do that) but I cant register my TV.

Also, I ve been having problems to share content from my PC to TV since I bought it (2 weeks) and I got tired trying to be honest. It shouldnt be so complicated.
Namely, I got the Media manager + server from Philps site and made an account on Twonly but it doesnt work.
I have Windows xp on PC, my TV is connected with wired connection, and I can use Net TV, but when it comes to sharing it just doesnt work. I tried all I knew, and mailed the support days ago (to which I havent got an answer...yet).
What I am doing, I go to MY NETWORK and it prompts me to turn PC and media server on, PC is on and media server as well, and the TV goes....searching. searching..and thats where it stays, it doesnt find the PC or anything.
I tried all I knew, twonky (media manager) isnt blocked by my firewall.I also tried WiFi Media connect(which I thought was for wireless connection) cos someone told it worked on their TV, but that doesnt work as well, the icon is greyed out all the time.
Please help with the registration and Easy share problems, cos I want all feathures on my TV to work since I bought it because of the features it had.
Also, I cant use My remote, I have Ipod Touch 2G and it seems My remote needs a higher bios to work, ie, I cant get it on my ipod, its the latest bios version so I cant go any higher that that, and My remote asks for higher bios, so...I cant use My remote as well.

Thank you

betipet
08-08-2012, 01:42 PM
How long does one have to wait here for someone from support to reply?
I also havent got a response to my email to the support center. Not right for a company like Philips
Thanks

Philips - Benedickte
08-08-2012, 02:03 PM
I have too a problem of connection with the wifi media connect.The tv is connected to the rooter.but my computer doesnt find the tv and the icone i am suppose to clic on show a start projection. but not hightlighted! so i cannot start.
I did downloaded the software; few time ; still the same...
What to do ? can you help ?:confused:

Hi Barbara

Could you please confirm to me the model number of you TV?

Best Regards
Benedickte

Philips - Benedickte
08-08-2012, 03:36 PM
How long does one have to wait here for someone from support to reply?
I also havent got a response to my email to the support center. Not right for a company like Philips
Thanks

Hi betipet

I'm sorry that you have this experience with the customer service. What country did you send mail to?
When it comes to Club Philips and support you chose Bulgaria, as Macedonia is covered by them. This will also make you able to register your TV on Club Philips.

When it comes to the DLNA servers, WiFi Media Connect is not compatable on our 2012 TV's so this is the reson why it's greyed out and can't click it on your PC.

Best Regards
Benedickte

betipet
08-08-2012, 07:18 PM
Thank you
This saved me lots of trying with wifi connect and frustration :)
I dont rememebr which country, must have been UK since I had an account there.
Now I tried Bulgaria and I registered my TV, although unfortunatelly their support is in Bulgarian which I dont speak or understand, so I had some trouble registering but managed anyway. I cant usee their support if they cant speak English, still.
So I registered and got license key which I put in the media server+manager software.
Now the problem persists, I cant still cant share conent from my PC or net, to the TV. When I go to "My network" in my TV it says start media server and wait, and it searches for the media software but doesnt find anything, so I have to turn that off.

I ll give details again
My TV 42PFL4307H/12
its connected to the PC via hdmi and to my network via modem. They are both in the same network and the firewall has the software in the exeptions. I have Windows XP on my PC.
When I go to the Twonky server site it doesnt find my TV under devices and I cabt ping or share anything.
So I really dont know what else to try, and Bulgarian support cant help me since I dont speak their language (havent contacted them)

I am not sure if this is the right thread to post my problem, if not I am sorry and could you please tell me where to post this kind of problem.

Thank you again

Philips - Benedickte
08-09-2012, 01:58 PM
Thank you
This saved me lots of trying with wifi connect and frustration :)
I dont rememebr which country, must have been UK since I had an account there.
Now I tried Bulgaria and I registered my TV, although unfortunatelly their support is in Bulgarian which I dont speak or understand, so I had some trouble registering but managed anyway. I cant usee their support if they cant speak English, still.
So I registered and got license key which I put in the media server+manager software.
Now the problem persists, I cant still cant share conent from my PC or net, to the TV. When I go to "My network" in my TV it says start media server and wait, and it searches for the media software but doesnt find anything, so I have to turn that off.

I ll give details again
My TV 42PFL4307H/12
its connected to the PC via hdmi and to my network via modem. They are both in the same network and the firewall has the software in the exeptions. I have Windows XP on my PC.
When I go to the Twonky server site it doesnt find my TV under devices and I cabt ping or share anything.
So I really dont know what else to try, and Bulgarian support cant help me since I dont speak their language (havent contacted them)

I am not sure if this is the right thread to post my problem, if not I am sorry and could you please tell me where to post this kind of problem.

Thank you again

Hi betipet.

Could you please make sure that digital media render is on?
HOME > Setup > Network settings > DMR (digital media render) > ON

Benedickte

betipet
08-09-2012, 02:34 PM
Hi betipet.

Could you please make sure that digital media render is on?
HOME > Setup > Network settings > DMR (digital media render) > ON

Benedickte

Yes, its on, forgot to mention that, sorry.

afrooz
08-09-2012, 05:11 PM
My Tv Model is 47PFL4007T/12 and i bought wireless adaptor PTA01 to connect wirelessly to TV.

I installed media server manager and i can connect and play movie with that with out any problem(and smart tv works fine) but i cannot stream my computer desktop to tv and when i click on Black TV icon (wifi media connect) it run but after 1 minute tells that couldnot get response from TV.
I did this:
1-I made OFF firewall
2-Buy new router to support 802.11n(netgear N600)
3-made upnp ON
4-made digital media render on

Laptop is win 7 64bit and it meets all requirements.

I can see my TV and laptop specification in my router and every thing is ok but i really
donot know what should i do?

I know my TV is 2012 but in user manual book said that with use of PTA01 we can project pc wirelessly to TV and because of this reason i bought PTA01 for my TV.

Could you please help me?i read most of the related posts and tried to do them but still it seems that something is wrong?

Philips - Benedickte
08-10-2012, 10:34 AM
Yes, its on, forgot to mention that, sorry.

Hi.

Thank you.
Sorry for all these questions , but have you tried another device , like Iphone, android phone,iPad etc?

Could you please confirm to me taht you can use Net TV and you ethernet Mac addres?

Best Regards
Benedickte

betipet
08-10-2012, 01:12 PM
Hi.

Thank you.
Sorry for all these questions , but have you tried another device , like Iphone, android phone,iPad etc?

Could you please confirm to me taht you can use Net TV and you ethernet Mac addres?

Best Regards
Benedickte

I havent really tried another device since I have a Nokia phone with Symbian, and an Ipod Touch 2G which apparently cant be used with My Remote because the application says it needs higher ios and I have the latest ios on the Ipod, so its useless.

I can use Net TV fine since the first day.
Not sure what you asking about mac address but this is my TV's Ethernet Mac address 18:8e:d5:a7:21:65 and the PC as a different one.
You can also see my post here with more info
http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?6979-Problems-with-My-remote-and-Easy-share&p=38293#post38293

Thank you

I just got a reply from Twonky support and is this true?
"that the Philips 4000 series TVs are not DLNA certified. Your TV model is also not in the list of certified devices. I would like to inform that a non-DLNA device cannot gurantee media sharing possibilities over the network."

The TV manual and the store where I bought it said it was able to share content, and there is software for that on my specific TV model, so I am confused now.
Whats the truth.
Please let me know as soon as possible. I spent/wasted 2 weeks trying to solve this problem with my new TV.

Philips - Benedickte
08-13-2012, 10:48 AM
I havent really tried another device since I have a Nokia phone with Symbian, and an Ipod Touch 2G which apparently cant be used with My Remote because the application says it needs higher ios and I have the latest ios on the Ipod, so its useless.

I can use Net TV fine since the first day.
Not sure what you asking about mac address but this is my TV's Ethernet Mac address 18:8e:d5:a7:21:65 and the PC as a different one.
You can also see my post here with more info
http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?6979-Problems-with-My-remote-and-Easy-share&p=38293#post38293

Thank you

I just got a reply from Twonky support and is this true?
"that the Philips 4000 series TVs are not DLNA certified. Your TV model is also not in the list of certified devices. I would like to inform that a non-DLNA device cannot gurantee media sharing possibilities over the network."

The TV manual and the store where I bought it said it was able to share content, and there is software for that on my specific TV model, so I am confused now.
Whats the truth.
Please let me know as soon as possible. I spent/wasted 2 weeks trying to solve this problem with my new TV.

Hi betipet.

Thank you for your reply.

Could you please confirm to me what iOS you got on your iPod? The reason why i'm asking this is that one of the requirements is that the iOS has to be 4.3 or higher to work. All the requirements can be found on Twonky 's iOS FAQ's site.

I can confirm that your TV ( 4307) is DLNA 1.5 certified.

Also make sure that your PC is meeting all the requirements for Twonky beam :
- Operating Systems - Windows XP, Windows XP Pro, Windows Vista, Windows 7
- Browsers - Internet Explorer 6.0 (or later)
- CPU - 500MHz processor (minimum); 800MHz or higher (recommended)
- Memory - 256 MB of RAM minimum
- Disk space - 10 MB available hard disk space
- Display - 800 x 600 (or higher) resolution monitor with 256 colors

Also make sure you have enabled filesharing on your PC.And sharing the folders you want to view on your TV.

Best Regards
Benedickte

betipet
08-13-2012, 12:14 PM
Hi betipet.

Thank you for your reply.

Could you please confirm to me what iOS you got on your iPod? The reason why i'm asking this is that one of the requirements is that the iOS has to be 4.3 or higher to work. All the requirements can be found on Twonky 's iOS FAQ's site.

I can confirm that your TV ( 4307) is DLNA 1.5 certified.

Also make sure that your PC is meeting all the requirements for Twonky beam :
- Operating Systems - Windows XP, Windows XP Pro, Windows Vista, Windows 7
- Browsers - Internet Explorer 6.0 (or later)
- CPU - 500MHz processor (minimum); 800MHz or higher (recommended)
- Memory - 256 MB of RAM minimum
- Disk space - 10 MB available hard disk space
- Display - 800 x 600 (or higher) resolution monitor with 256 colors

Also make sure you have enabled filesharing on your PC.And sharing the folders you want to view on your TV.

Best Regards
Benedickte

Hello Benedickte

I have IOS 4.1 on the Ipod and thats the highest an Ipod from the second generation goes, so I cant use My remote with it.

I am relieved to hear the TV is DLNA certified, since its not the DLNA certified devices list.

My PC meets all the requiremts you mentioned above
Windows XP
CPU 2,33 GHz
3,26 GB RAM
enough disk space and good resolution.
Does it have to be Internet explorer? I use Mozilla

I checked again just to make sure and filesharing is enabled on my PC.

My problem is that the TV doesnt find the media server on my PC at all, it keeps searching with no success, so I cant access my PC through the TV.
What I can do for the moment is play content on mt PC and view it on the TV as additional screen.

Thank you for taking interest in my case
If you need more info about anything please ask, I would like to solve my issue soon.

Philips - Benedickte
08-14-2012, 02:57 PM
Hello Benedickte

I have IOS 4.1 on the Ipod and thats the highest an Ipod from the second generation goes, so I cant use My remote with it.

I am relieved to hear the TV is DLNA certified, since its not the DLNA certified devices list.

My PC meets all the requiremts you mentioned above
Windows XP
CPU 2,33 GHz
3,26 GB RAM
enough disk space and good resolution.
Does it have to be Internet explorer? I use Mozilla

I checked again just to make sure and filesharing is enabled on my PC.

My problem is that the TV doesnt find the media server on my PC at all, it keeps searching with no success, so I cant access my PC through the TV.
What I can do for the moment is play content on mt PC and view it on the TV as additional screen.

Thank you for taking interest in my case
If you need more info about anything please ask, I would like to solve my issue soon.

Hi Betipet

Could you please try Windows Media Player 12. Also if possible, try with a PC with Windows 7 and Windows Media Player 12. When done this , please post back the result.

Thank you
Benedickte

betipet
08-14-2012, 10:24 PM
Hi Betipet

Could you please try Windows Media Player 12. Also if possible, try with a PC with Windows 7 and Windows Media Player 12. When done this , please post back the result.

Thank you
Benedickte

I cant run Windows Media Player 12 on my Windows XP, I have WMP 11.
And I dont have Windows 7 installed anywhere.
I think I shouldnt have to make so many changes in order to make the TV work.
I also think there should be a simplier and multiple software for sharing content with the TV,
and whats more should be tested with diffrent OS before put on the site as official software.

Sorry if I sound a bit harsh, but this is getting frustrating since it been 2 weeks, trying diffrent things with no success.

Thanks

eloymelian
09-06-2012, 08:10 AM
Hello All :)

I bought 6 months ago the TV 32PFL7605H/12 with the PTA01 WiFi Dongle and it worked perfectly but i never used it again.... now i have tried to use it again, with Wi-fi Media Connect and the screen has a black image with a play sign and the computer waits until it says "Could not get respond from TV".

Does anyone knows how to fix this problem?:)

Thankx,

Eloy