View Full Version : [Tips & Tricks] WiFi Media Connect (WMC) does not work.

10-19-2010, 07:14 PM
Hi pfl's!
Since a few weeks I own a 7605h. Great TV!
I'm using the Wi-Fi USB adapter and tried to use the TV as a remote monitor using MediaConnect.
I've downloaded the latest release and installed MediaConnect onto my laptop. The installation went smootly however MediaConnect crashed as soon as I try to launch it. I've reinstalled the software and installed the software onto two other boxes. Without any success :mad: All boxes are Windows XP boxes with SP2+.
The monitor glyph show up in my tray, but as soon as i hover with the mouse over the icon, the monitor glyph disappears.
Can anyone give me tips or tricks to get the MediaConnect up and running???
Thanks in advance,

10-19-2010, 07:37 PM
This behaviour can be caused by thousands of things I could think of right now.

Try to get going with the following "checklist":
- I have executed the application with administrative rights (depends on the OS' setup, possible with WinXP)
- I have deactivated any network interface I'm not using at the moment (if multiple NIC's are installed)
- I am absolutely sure that I did not install hundreds of codec packages that may interfere with WFMC
- I have not configured any exotic screen resolutions (stick with 1366x768 for trying)

10-20-2010, 02:00 PM
Thanks for your prompt reply!
I've installed the software as a administrator on an average box: No codec's, active NIC and no high resolutions.
Are you using MediaConnect on a XP box?

10-20-2010, 08:14 PM
Yep, I do. Without any problems by the way. It's an XP Home Edition SP3 system. Since it's my production system, I installed only a few additonal programs apart from the OS itself (using an administrator account):
- Windows Media Player Classic HC
- ffshow (ffdshow-tryouts project)
- TVersity (for DLNA streaming)
- MS Office 2003 Pro
- WFMC (latest until today)

I for myself did not encounter any problems while running WFMC - at least my 32PFL9705K did not complain so far :p

10-24-2010, 07:45 AM
My configuration is very similar, Windows XP Home / SP3 (build 2600). Unfortunately, no white smoke ;)

10-24-2010, 06:59 PM
I forgot to mention that I do not have installed any firewall solution. The Windows one is deactivated to prevent interference with WFMC.