PDA

View Full Version : Your experiences with FW v0.132.5.3 for 6xx7, 7xx7 and 8xx7 series (2012 models)

Philips - Benedickte
07-26-2012, 01:41 PM
Hi all,

Please share your experiences with this new SW version here in this topic. Channeling your input will make it easier for users to search and find relevant info.

Remarks
- Due to the global IT structure, there might be a delay in the uploading/synchronising of new SW releases (and their release notes). Please, have a little patience if you cannot immediately see the new files on the support web pages and try 1 or 2 days later.
- IMPORTANT: After upgrading your TV, it is necessary to perform a "cold start": after the TV is running again (after the update), shut down the TV, wait 2 minutes (till all components are shut down), unplug the TV from the mains (pull power cord) for a few minutes before starting again.
- WARNING: Never downgrade from 132.5.x. back to 108.8.x! Version 132.5.1 contains a new Standby-Software which is not compatible with the firmware 108.8 (108.8 does not contain the old Standby-Software). If you downgrade, your TV won't start anymore and you need a service intervention!

Changelog:
Improved [Channel list copy] functionality.
Solved: TV reboots by itself during first-time installation.
Improved TV stability.

Regards
Benedickte

robos0
07-28-2012, 08:29 PM
Today I updated the firmware with this version.
The update was OK.
Everytime I switch-off my TV, my Wireless-settings are lost.
So when I want to play videos on my network, I have to reconfigure my Wi-Fi.
This was the same on fw-level 132.5.1. Could you please look in to this?

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Robert Boers

t0p51
07-28-2012, 08:30 PM
Hi,

I have model 42pfl6097K.

Some problems remains with this update:
- Subtitles stop working after switch off timer is confirmed. Subtitles can be enabled again, but switch off timer message doesn't appear anymore and turns tv off.
- Few of HD cable channels freeze first frame for quite some time, sometimes over 10 seconds. I use CI module. This doesn't happen on my 40pfl7605, using same CI module.
- Channel sorting request : Could we get a function to enter channel number or insert into first empty channel number? I mean if channel is removed from favorites, the channel number remains empty and can't be filled. I like my first 9 channel numbers to have function ;)

Thank you for trying to make better user experience.
Regards,
Simon

pizzacats
07-28-2012, 11:18 PM
Today I updated the firmware with this version.
The update was OK.
Everytime I switch-off my TV, my Wireless-settings are lost.
So when I want to play videos on my network, I have to reconfigure my Wi-Fi.
This was the same on fw-level 132.5.1. Could you please look in to this?

Hi, I confirm exactly same behaviour on my 46pfl8007k with this new firmware.

majorusa
07-28-2012, 11:51 PM
I have more serious issues.

I am using CI+ and a 500GB Western Digital HDD for the DVR function.
- when I switch on the TV set sometimes I have sound and no picture and the TV freezes.
- when I turn off the TV I cannot turn back on for a period of time ranging from 30 seconds to several minutes.
- when I turn on the tv set the TV is showing the name of the channel, then it fades away, then after 2-3 seconds appears again. During this period if I input any command on the remote the TV freezes
- sometimes I cannot access the tv channel through channel number input. The led on the TV is blinking but no number appears. I replicated this several times and occurs after I change to another source and revert back to the TV. The cure is to go to another source and then back again to the TV.
- I received a message when I pressed pause on the remote that recording is not available on analog channels. I do not have any analog channels installed on the TV.
- several times I was experiencing corrupt subtitles in HD and SD digital channels.
- by pressing the info button on the remote there is no name of the current show but pressing next it shows the current show name.
- The default language in the set is Romanian. I set the language on Eurosport HD to English. In returning to Romanian the TV froze.
- connecting a UPC Cisco HD DVR to HDMI the TV set does not recognize the 4:3 format nor the subtitles. The TV zooms the image accross the screen making it not watchable. Therefore I cannot use the mediabox with this TV set.
- In 3D playing Hugo from an LG BP620 3D bluray player with HD Natural Motion on any position I have flicker in any picture showing patterns (tweed costume, the dial of the watch, the aerial image of Paris at the beginning of the movie). I experienced the same thing also in other 3d movies where the image has fine textures.

Please add Original or 4:3 option in the Picture size. Also please enable an easier change of the screen position. In my previous 42PFL9603D I could press the directional buttons to move the picture up or down and to the side. Here I have to enter in 4 menus to perform the same task.

At the moment I am close to return this TV set as faulty. Please let me know if the behavior experienced is normal at this stage of the FW. Thank you.

Lafaurie80
07-29-2012, 07:21 AM
I have my TV since one week. Overall very satisfied

However:
Rather often (1 out of 2/ 3 times), my TV doesn't want to switch on correctly.
My TV is most of the time in standby mode (but same thing happened when not).

When I push the red button on the remote the TV doesn't want to start.
- most of the times I get the PHILIPS screen for a few moments. (but not always).
- sometimes I get a dark blue screen.
- this morning, ambilight was one, and Home button worked, but I could not go any further: black screen....

The only way to start again is unplugging the power cable and reconnect it. (Not even the power-on button on the back seems to work).

This seems to be a software-initialization problem ??? Can anybody help, please.

Thanks

majorusa
07-29-2012, 08:50 AM
Anothe issue: today after zapping through some HD channels then jumped to SD channels the TV failed to display channel name. After restart channel name still not present.

The same situation as above, no sound change by remote control though the led in front of the tv blinked.

On Eurosport HD the TV failed to allow access to options. Displayed thr top of the screen choices but these were grey and could not select any of them.

Please fix these asap because this expensive tv set is barely usable. Thank you.

tovalb
07-29-2012, 12:41 PM
still finds new hardware on HDMI while it was already connected earlier.
Isnt there a way to turn this autodetect off.. its very annoying.

Tom

Dphilips
07-29-2012, 06:55 PM
Hi Benedickte

I have a 40pfl7007 since a couple of weeks now,it was shipped with the base firmware; 108.5.0
I have a dlink dir-635 router where the tv wireless connects to.

The first two weeks everything worked fine, perfect image and sound and also smart TV worked well, although slow..
I connected a Freecom 250G usb 2.0 drive, formatted it through the TV and recorded my first programm via the TV Guide.

The next day I wanted to see the recorded programm and there the problem started, nothing recorded and the TV spontaneously shut off, started again etc.. I thought it was broken. Removing the hdd did not solve the problem and after googling a bit I saw this (dutch) article (http://kassa.vara.nl/vraag-beantwoord/vraag/vadetail/probleem-met-philips-37pfl9606h12/) about incompatibility between dlink and philips. To verify this I powered off my dlink and indeed the TV worked ok. When I started my dlink again the same reboot problem was back.. I followed one of the suggestions which was 'update the TV firmware', which I did today.

The TV is on 132.5.3 now and it does not reboot anymore with the dlink on as well, smart TV works ok but I am a bit reluctant in attaching the USB drive again.. Can you confirm that the behavior as descibed above is definately solved in this update and that I can connect my hdd again?

Thanks,

Dick

majorusa
07-30-2012, 02:11 AM
Following the above post I removed the HDD. Apparently the stability improved though I did not have the time to test it extensively. But removing the HDD does not allow me to use on of the TV advertised functions: DVR.

I have another issue though. I purchased a media player Egreat R6S, connected it by HDMI to the TV and I have no sound. The output of the Egreat is either raw or LPCM. None produces sound with one exception: some AC3 files in Raw setting of the media player. I checked the media player with an LG tv and works without a hitch. I redid the check with Philips 42PFL9603D and it works without any issues.

Dear Philips you really blew it with this TV set which is constant source of frustration for me. And now I am beta tester paying you test this half baked product.

Philips - Marco
07-30-2012, 11:38 AM
Hello and welcome to the Philips TV forum,

We recommend a software update of your 55PFL8007K television.

The software update contains general improvements on functionality and performance, the latest software updates solves the issues below:

QF1EU-0.132.5.3 (Date published: 2012-07-26)*
• Improved [Channel list copy] functionality. *
• TV reboots by itself during first-time installation.*
• Improved TV stability.

QF1EU-0.132.5.1 (Date published: 2012-07-19)
• Coloured lines or splash screen during start-up.
• Spontaneous switch off.
• Channel search problems (missing channels).
• No start-up of the TV.
• Slow menu navigation.
• Slow zapper ring across multiple channels.
• Frozen/blocked pictures.
• TV keeps detecting same HDMI device

In order to update the software of your television you need:

• An archive utility that supports the ZIP-format (e.g.WinZip for Windows of Stuffit for Mac OS).
• A USB portable memory with min. 64 Mb free space.

You can find the latest software update for your 55PFL8007K television here (http://www.p4c.philips.com/cgi-bin/dcbint/cpindex.pl?ctn=55PFL8007K/12&scy=FR&slg=en)

1. Click on the Download arrow in the upper left corner of your screen.
2. Save the latest software upgrade file to your computer.
3. Double click on the zip-file and copy the file “autorun.upg” to the root directory on the USB portable memory.

Once the software upgrade is complete:
•Disconnect the power cable from the power outlet.
•Wait one minute then reconnect it.
•After that you can start your TV in the usual way.

Regards,
Marco

majorusa
07-30-2012, 01:33 PM
Another bug: if you are on HDMI and you turn off the device connected on that entry, in order to return to TV you must press source and select tv from that screen. Pressing the TV key will not move you to TV , just is showing the name of the HDMI connected device.

Brakius
07-30-2012, 03:12 PM
The upgrade procedure wend wrong. I put the new firmware on the usb stick and put it in my 55-8007 tv. The popup that there was a new firmware was found came up. Then the bar did not move at all. I waited 5 minutes, but nothing. The remote did nothing, so I had to turn off the TV. I remove the usb stick and did the TV on. Then there was a popup that there was no software on it and that it must be loaded.

Is it true that before loading the firmware, the TV delete the firmware? Perhaps rethink this... first load the firmware so you know that it is a correct firmware, then delete the old one and write the new one!

The TV configuration movie-standaard like that, it was still there, that went good. The WIFI connection was lost.

Lafaurie80
07-30-2012, 07:41 PM
Hello and welcome to the Philips TV forum,

We recommend a software update of your 55PFL8007K television.

The software update contains general improvements on functionality and performance, the latest software updates solves the issues below:

QF1EU-0.132.5.3 (Date published: 2012-07-26)*
QF1EU-0.132.5.1 (Date published: 2012-07-19)

Marco

Thanks Marco, seems reasonable.

Two further questions before installing:

(1) why isn't this update done automatically ? When I am under configuration.... and do a search for updates... the tv says, nothing available.....

(2) do you mean I first have to install QF1EU-0.132.5.1 and then QF1EU-0.132.5.3 ? On the french site http://www.p4c.philips.com/cgi-bin/dcbint/cpindex.pl?slg=fr&scy=fr&mid=Link_Software&ctn=55PFL8007K/12 only the last update is available. Also: are the french and english version of the update the same. How can I be sure that I have to install the French version ? Under configuration I find: QF1EU-0.108.8.0... bld3a ... 14/062012

Many, many thanks for your help.

Bob

Manuel
07-30-2012, 09:18 PM
You only need to install de latest version (QF1EU-0.132.5.3), firmware it's not "language dependent", you must get it for the correct model (55PFL8007Kxx??).
Philips just provide some Upgrades on-line, major ones I think.

majorusa
07-31-2012, 07:40 AM
Another bug: after watching 4:3 SD TV the TV did not want to change the picture format. The other picture formats were selectable one could see an attempt of the TV set to stretch the picture but then it reverted to 4:3 format. Turning off the set did not solve the issue due to quickstart option.

However after been turned off during the night the setting is back to normal.

Philips - Marco
07-31-2012, 09:42 AM
Thanks Marco, seems reasonable.

Two further questions before installing:

(1) why isn't this update done automatically ? When I am under configuration.... and do a search for updates... the tv says, nothing available.....

(2) do you mean I first have to install QF1EU-0.132.5.1 and then QF1EU-0.132.5.3 ? On the french site http://www.p4c.philips.com/cgi-bin/dcbint/cpindex.pl?slg=fr&scy=fr&mid=Link_Software&ctn=55PFL8007K/12 only the last update is available. Also: are the french and english version of the update the same. How can I be sure that I have to install the French version ? Under configuration I find: QF1EU-0.108.8.0... bld3a ... 14/062012

Many, many thanks for your help.

Bob

Hi Bob,

1) The software update can be done automatically from the TV, but it can be available up to 4 weeks after the release on the website, for this reason we recommend the update using a USB memory device.

2)You just need to install the latest version available as each release also contains the solutions identified in the earlier versions.

-Regarding the language, you can install the french or the english version, it makes no difference for the tv as it contains all the european languages.

3) If you would like I can take your address details and then arrange for a software update to be sent to your home address in 3-5 working days.

You can find detailed instructions on how to upgrade the software with a USB memory stick
here (http://www.p4c.philips.com/cgi-bin/dcbint/cpcontent.pl?mid=&session=20120731110511_80.254.147.236&scy=FR&ctn=55PFL8007K/12&slg=AEN&dct=FUS&did=ENG&reldct=FIN&file=/files/5/55pfl8007k_12/55pfl8007k_12_fin_aen.pdf#toolbar=0&zoom=100)

Regards,
Marco

Lafaurie80
07-31-2012, 08:58 PM
Hi Bob,

1) The software update ...

2)You just need to install the latest version..

Regards,
Marco

Tx,
yes, just when I was preparing to connect my update-USBkey I got the message that an update was available. So in stead of using the USBkey I went through the automatic process. All want very smoothly - except, maybe, no message of end of update process. At the end the screen went back to the Tv-channel selected before start of update. I checked, and indeed the new 132.5.3 is installed.

Don't think all problems are now solved:
(1) at my first switch-on after the update, I got a black screen - none of the remote buttons worked - and the ambilight - which was switched off wen I went into standby - flickered. After a 10minute-wait I had to unplug the power cable to start again.
(2) later, I got blocked going through some menu items.

So, don't think the latest update solved everything. I will keep you informed of further problems

Thanks

kober
08-01-2012, 11:53 AM
There are still issues with HbbTV for Czech TV - it worked on 42PFL6007K/12 after update to FW v0.132.5.1, but only for the first run of the TV. After I switched it off and on again, there is only a menu for some demo functions when I press the red button.

black.stream
08-01-2012, 12:12 PM
Hi,
recently i bought 47PFL6007 model and i really dont know what to say. For me, it looks like it is not made by Philips.
-problems in pitcure processing
- bad contrast, bad black levels
- ClearLCD doesnt even work if HD Natural Motion is not turned on
- local dimming is quite bad
- slow media reproductor
- problems while playing dvd (interlanced signal)
- verry bad at removing mosquito effects, noise, deblocking) - SD signal
- 2D to 3D conversion quite same as last year

But there are also good sides of this model:

- quality and modern design
- easy installation
- slim basel design
- Ambilight
- superb picture quality (same after calibration)
- 3D is greate
- remote
- new menu is greate
- Smart TV (recording, pause)
Maybe, these problems are not connected with software, but if some of them are, please solve them. Currently looks like 5 series is way much better!

majorusa
08-01-2012, 12:34 PM
I totally agree with black.stream. In addition I found some other really bad issues:
- the TV does not recognize LPCM from an Egreat media player. The PFL9603 has no issues with it.
- the subtitles support is very poor
- by removing the HDD the stability issues solved. I try to connect a Seagate this time. On this one the Tv refuses to record. I get a black picture.
- there are lot of artefacts on 3D picture with HDNM active.

On the good side, the picture is superb, full of details, the colours are vivid.

I had before an LG 42LM620. Compared with this Philips that is a rocket ship. It has a superb media player, decoding everything, quick menus, no issues on the DVR, it is a real smart TV. I bought this TV only because I did not like the picture on the LG. But comparing on both TVs the smart features, the Philips looks pretty dumb.

tovalb
08-01-2012, 12:51 PM
[QUOTE=- superb picture quality (same after calibration)
QUOTE]

Can you share the calibrationdata you got ?=:)

majorusa
08-01-2012, 02:54 PM
Let me give you a sample of how valuable are we, the owners of these TV sets to Philips. I requested a refund because this TV set has so many issues and is not in conformity with the advertised features. I received this answer: "the issues you mentioned will be solved in the next firmware (132.5.3) due to be posted in the next 10 days." The message is coming from a person named philips_4683849.

Really Philips? This is how you value your clients? I will post this behavior on all the forums I am contributor.

Philips - Thomas
08-01-2012, 02:56 PM
Hi

can you forward me this message or give me a link?

Thomas

majorusa
08-01-2012, 03:13 PM
I hope this will help you solve the corrupt subtitle bug. Here is a picture. 1322

The subtitles are via CI+.

@Thomas. You have the e-mail.

Philips - Benedickte
08-01-2012, 03:28 PM
Hi Benedickte

I have a 40pfl7007 since a couple of weeks now,it was shipped with the base firmware; 108.5.0
I have a dlink dir-635 router where the tv wireless connects to.

The first two weeks everything worked fine, perfect image and sound and also smart TV worked well, although slow..
I connected a Freecom 250G usb 2.0 drive, formatted it through the TV and recorded my first programm via the TV Guide.

The next day I wanted to see the recorded programm and there the problem started, nothing recorded and the TV spontaneously shut off, started again etc.. I thought it was broken. Removing the hdd did not solve the problem and after googling a bit I saw this (dutch) article (http://kassa.vara.nl/vraag-beantwoord/vraag/vadetail/probleem-met-philips-37pfl9606h12/) about incompatibility between dlink and philips. To verify this I powered off my dlink and indeed the TV worked ok. When I started my dlink again the same reboot problem was back.. I followed one of the suggestions which was 'update the TV firmware', which I did today.

The TV is on 132.5.3 now and it does not reboot anymore with the dlink on as well, smart TV works ok but I am a bit reluctant in attaching the USB drive again.. Can you confirm that the behavior as descibed above is definately solved in this update and that I can connect my hdd again?

Thanks,

Dick

Hi Dick

I'm glad to hear that you're happy with the TV after the software update. You can connect your HDD again, just make sure that if you have recorded anything or have anything saved on the HDD after you did a formated it initially, don't do the setup again, as you will loose this.

Best Wishes
Benedickte

black.stream
08-01-2012, 03:57 PM
[QUOTE=- superb picture quality (same after calibration)
QUOTE]

Can you share the calibrationdata you got ?=:)

cinema mode 2d, and cinema mode 3d

black levels (On/Off) [cd/m2]
0.198 (0.199 ANSI) 0.172 ANSI
brightness [cd/m2]
176.34 (174.4 ANSI) 178.5 ANSI
contrast
890:1 (876:1 ANSI) 1037:1 ANSI
gamma (cilj: 2.2)
2.2 /

Niels
08-01-2012, 04:00 PM
Hi Dick and others,

You refer to problems with wireless communication between Philips TV and D-Link routers. I am sure this problem (reboots of the TV) is not restricted to D-Link routers. I have the same problems with a NetGear router, and when you search in this forum, you find a lot of similar posts with this problem with different router configurations.

Niels

tovalb
08-01-2012, 08:18 PM
thx alot

majorusa
08-01-2012, 09:56 PM
Another bug:

the video player by DLNA is not capable of fast forward. It shows 2x but the picture is moving normally, so does the sound.

black.stream
08-01-2012, 10:12 PM
I think that majir problem is that this series (as well as 4000 series) uses IPS panel which is bad. S-PVA is much better. That is why i think that anyone should buy this tv. Buy 5000 (5500 if you whant 3D) or buy 7000 (if your budget doesnt alow you to buy 8000 or 9000. It's buggy and i think that there is no software update that can solve this problem. Tv is quite bad, and expensive. ( I paide 8.500HRK - it is 1500 EUR) and now i'm disappointed in philips. I belived they will do it much better

majorusa
08-02-2012, 11:12 AM
Lag test. Average 50ms on entry labeled as computer.

Another bug: While surfing the web with the iphone app as remote, the iphone app lost connection with the TV set, the browser crashed, and the TV restarted.

Update on the HDD issue:
- I replaced the WD with a Seagate. Initially the TV did not want to record on it or recorded and I got black screen. Secured better the cable and it works now. TV set looks stable and one can use the DVR functions. It has only one hour since started to work but the prospects look bright.

Maybe you can look into this WD compatibility issue.

Update on the Video player:
- it does not work correctly on DLNA but it is OK on USB. You may watch subtitles on 3D movies though they are not 3D but it is OK. The player does not recognize DTS.

I really want to be fair with the TV set and I will post all the good and bad found.1331

Lafaurie80
08-02-2012, 11:38 AM
Definitely, this update did do some good.

I have had no more problems on start-up, and menu navigation seems to be more smoothly....

However, since the update, I have no more "subtitle" or "text".

I started another treat for that on this same forum.

majorusa
08-02-2012, 05:44 PM
Update on the HDD issue:

My joy concerning the HDD was very short. Few hours later the erratic behavior of the TV restarted. First I could not change the volume, then I turned off the TV from the remote and when I turned it on this is what I could see: The ambilight was functioning and no picture nor sound. In the back of the black screen the TV was changing the channels because after unpluging the mains the TV restarted at a different channel than the one I was watching when the Tv locked.

Update on the LPCM issue:

I connected another mediaplayer of another brand having the same LPCM exit on HDMI. No sound. At this point it is clear for me that the TV does not recognize the LPCM input which is a shame because restricts a lot the range of devices that can be attached to it.

Please let me know if this will be fixed by firmware or it is not supported by this TV in the future.

Thank you.

Tj-Br
08-02-2012, 10:45 PM
Hi,

In the first firmware (I think v0.108.8.0) the headphones output was neutral in sound reproduction. No treble, bass and balance control influences from the TV settings. This was really great, because my headphones don't sound the same as the built in TV speakers. I also use this output as an analog line-out for my old (but good sounding) amplifier. The separate headphones volume control in the menu is perfect for this.

But I don't want the treble and bass corrections I've made for the TV speakers, to be output on the headphone jack. Can you please consider to make the output neutral again?

majorusa
08-03-2012, 11:03 AM
Update on the LPCM issue: I tested the mediaplayer with Philips 40PFL5007 and it works. Therefore Philips please solve this issue in the next firmware. Thank you.

majorusa
08-04-2012, 07:32 PM
Update on the DVR issue:
I managed to replicate the behavior registered with the HDD attached, without the HDD attached. Same behavior after 8 hours of continuous functioning. The TV turned itself off. After turning it back on there was no possibility to adjust the sound volume. The normal behavior reinstated after taking out the mains.

Another bug:
after losing internet connection when back the TV failed to launch Smart TV page. Connecting was flashing but failed to connect. After taking out the mains the issue was solved.

I truly hope that someone from Philips really reads this thread.

nieluj
08-05-2012, 12:06 AM
hello,

i have a 37PFL6007H/12 model and since update 132.5.3, i have more problem than before.

i have a sharp HT-SL50 sound bar connected to HDMI 1 using ARC.

Sometimes when i start the TV, there is no sound at all and when i restart the tv using the button on the back of the TV, sound is ok on the sound bar, ambilight is working but no image at all on the backlight is working...

but in order to have the image back i have to unplug the power cord for 5-10 minutes, if i only use the button no image...

Do you have a date for the next firmware, i hope it will solve this issue....

aphrodisiac
08-06-2012, 10:01 PM
Hello,

I have the following problem with this new firmware:

When I turn on the tv it has a blue/green screen. The red component is not working.
This problem occurs each time the TV has been in standby for a longer period.
Restarting the TV usually solves the problem, but it is very annoying. Hopefully this will be solved in the next firmware.

Type: 42PFL6877H

Lafaurie80
08-08-2012, 10:27 AM
On my 55PFL8007K/12 / 132.5.3:

After installing 132.5.3: better an smoothier navigation.

But not everything is solved:
Just got blocked in the the menu-navigation.
Noted following state:
All buttons, except of GUIDE were inoperable. Could change channels only through the GUIDE menu.

Nothing else worked. Finally after pushing the HOME button several times got a black screen.

Had to go through a cold start to make it working again.

Hopefully this helps a tiny bit...

Bob

phoenixninja
08-08-2012, 01:24 PM
on my 47PFL6007H/12 with this update 132.5.3 when i shutdown my tv with my remote and i switch on one hour later the tv with his remote controller i can ear the tv show but i don't have any picture on my tv????
thanks for your help

liquidevil
08-11-2012, 10:50 AM
On my old philips tv there was a feature called "Auto HDMI", with that turned off the tv didn't automatically switch channel when a HDMI-device (e.g. PS3 or computer) was switched on. It's really annoying if I turn on the computer and my new tv (47PFL6877T) switches channel when someone is watching tv. Is the feature somewhere in the menus? If not, philips should include it in the next update. Thanks in advance

phoenixninja
08-14-2012, 05:52 AM
yesterday my tv was in stand by mode when i switch on the tv it tell me that a new device was detected and the menu for the tv disappear i have to reset to factory and reset the tv installation to have the tv tuner back.
two days ago i have some trouble like @LAFAURIE80 the remote doesn t work for the tv. i have to shutdown (cold start) to have it again.
Can you tell us when the next update will come out ?
thanks
philips 47PFL6007H/12

streok
08-14-2012, 06:24 AM
Hi,

I bought model pfl6687H/12 a few days ago.

When I use the standby mode the TV comes back with a black screen en only sound and sometimes the tv gives a green screen. I don’t use hdmi and update the firmware to the latest version.

What can I do? Bring it back to the store?

Thanks in advance,
Jan

streok
08-15-2012, 06:01 AM
The problems are the same as Phoenixninja, when the tv was longer in stand by mode the tv gives only a black screen with sound. I contact the helpdesk they didn't know anything about te problems and where not so frendly at all.

Philips... dit is prutswerk en bijzondere slechte kwaliteit!

Philips - Benedickte
08-16-2012, 12:35 PM
Update on the DVR issue:
I managed to replicate the behavior registered with the HDD attached, without the HDD attached. Same behavior after 8 hours of continuous functioning. The TV turned itself off. After turning it back on there was no possibility to adjust the sound volume. The normal behavior reinstated after taking out the mains.

I truly hope that someone from Philips really reads this thread.

Hi Majorusa.

I just want to make sure i've understood you right. You mean after watching from the HDD 8 hours in a row the TV turns off, and when turning TV back on, you cannot adjust the volum?
Are you still experiencing this? And how many times have you experienced this?

Update on the HDD issue:
- I replaced the WD with a Seagate. Initially the TV did not want to record on it or recorded and I got black screen. Secured better the cable and it works now. TV set looks stable and one can use the DVR functions. It has only one hour since started to work but the prospects look bright.
could you please confirm to me the model of the HDD you are using and experiencing this on?

And as you can see, there are someone from Philips reading this thread.

Thank you.

Best Regards
Benedickte

Syncmahv
08-16-2012, 05:27 PM
I have Philips 46PFL7007K/12 with this latest software and i got some annoying problems.

First one is really frustrating problem.
1. The TV Picture isnt scaling correctly. If im using PS3 and the game asks me to resize picture until picture is in corners as marked. BUT on the right side the markings go out of the screen and on the left side they are correctly in corner. Looks like TV picture is in wrong place.
TV settings are "Unscaled"

http://www.upload.ee/image/2601707/P1080769.JPG

2. When i watch SD content, and with fast moving objects or behind the subtitles i get weird artefacts.

Philips - Benedickte
08-17-2012, 12:16 PM
I have Philips 46PFL7007K/12 with this latest software and i got some annoying problems.

First one is really frustrating problem.
1. The TV Picture isnt scaling correctly. If im using PS3 and the game asks me to resize picture until picture is in corners as marked. BUT on the right side the markings go out of the screen and on the left side they are correctly in corner. Looks like TV picture is in wrong place.
TV settings are "Unscaled"

http://www.upload.ee/image/2601707/P1080769.JPG

2. When i watch SD content, and with fast moving objects or behind the subtitles i get weird artefacts.

Hi Syncmahv

First of all welcome to the forums.

When it comes to your questions.

1. Please try to change the TV setting to Autozoom or change inbetween the different scales and zooms to find one that is right for your TV and PS3.
Also are you experiencing this on any other devices connected with HDMI (Blu ray, xbox, DVD etc)

2. I can inform you that we are looking into this, and more information will come later, when we know more.

Thank you for your patient.

Best Regards
Benedickte

majorusa
08-17-2012, 09:21 PM
Hi Majorusa.

I just want to make sure i've understood you right. You mean after watching from the HDD 8 hours in a row the TV turns off, and when turning TV back on, you cannot adjust the volum?
Are you still experiencing this? And how many times have you experienced this?

could you please confirm to me the model of the HDD you are using and experiencing this on?

And as you can see, there are someone from Philips reading this thread.

Thank you.

Best Regards
Benedickte

Hi,

Thank you for the attention.

I am experiencing the lockout with the HDD attached while watching TV. The TV records continuously on the HDD for the time shift function but I was watching the live feed.

The HDDs are:
WD Elements 500GB but I am not home to give you the exact serial number
Seageate GoFlex 320GB USB 2.0.

The disturbing issue is that I experienced the same lockout with and without the HDD connected if the TV works long enough. Sometimes the TV turns itself off sometime it loses the ability to adjust the volume and I am forced to turn it off and turned on the issue is still there so I have to take out the mains.

I am in a business trip right now and I cannot make any new tests but while at home it happened every time the Tv was turned on and was functioning a longer time.

I am looking for the correction of this and the other issues signaled.
Some are annoying like the flicker on 3D pictures with the HDNM on, some are making the TV set unusable like the lockout. And there is the LPCM issues which is not allowing me to buy a media player to overcome the inability of Philips to implement DTS downmix on their TVs.

Concerning the fact that someone from Philips was replying yesterday to what I wrote two weeks ago is truly amazing.

Syncmahv
08-19-2012, 08:36 AM
Hi Syncmahv

First of all welcome to the forums.

When it comes to your questions.

1. Please try to change the TV setting to Autozoom or change inbetween the different scales and zooms to find one that is right for your TV and PS3.
Also are you experiencing this on any other devices connected with HDMI (Blu ray, xbox, DVD etc)

2. I can inform you that we are looking into this, and more information will come later, when we know more.

Thank you for your patient.

Best Regards
Benedickte

I have also tryed fit screen and it still doesnt work correctly, the image is shifted like a bit to the right.

tovalb
08-20-2012, 02:28 PM
Are you ever gonna fix the hdmi autodetect problem... Its getting very annoying
I would appr. a answer here :)
Tom

Jeric
08-20-2012, 06:24 PM
Are you ever gonna fix the hdmi autodetect problem... Its getting very annoying
I would appr. a answer here :)
Tom
I have the same problem with auto detecting different equipment every time I turn on the TV (42PFL6007H/12). Both HDMI and SCART devices.
This is very very annoying as the first five minutes of turning on the TV I again and again get the message that new equipment has been found and if I want to give it a name (4 components connected).
Next to this, if I unplug the television it does not remember most of its settings. For example it switches back from "personal display settings" to "standard display settings".
Also, lately, when I turn on the television it starts on y-pb-pr or something, although nothing is connected to this source. It does not remember which source it was on when switching off.
One would almost think that the battery which should make sure it remembers its settings is empty.
By the way, the above is with the latest firmware (V 000.132.005.003)

kober
08-21-2012, 02:05 PM
Major problems I experience with this firmware:
- sometimes the TV (during watching DVB-T TV) gets into state when screen is switched off, no sound is audible, but Ambilight moves probably according to the image which is not displayed. There is no response to power button either on remoter, or on the TV set. The only way out I found is removing the power cord.
- sometimes there is an area on the screen, where the backlight intensity is higher than elsewhere. When I switch channels, it stays. When I switch dynamic backlight off, it is gone, also when i switch the TV off and on again.
- repeated autodetecting HDMI (connected) and YPbPr (not connected, not even the adapter) devices

Toengel
08-21-2012, 02:06 PM
Hi,

new firmware is out: 133.3.0

Toengel@Alex

Philips - Benedickte
08-21-2012, 02:41 PM
Hi All.

New software version is out and I recommend you all to update to this. After updating, please leave result here (http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?7358-Your-experiences-with-FW-v133-3-0-for-6xx7-7xx7-and-8xx7-series-(2012-models)&p=39156#post39156).

Thank you.
Best regards,
Benedickte