PDA

View Full Version : MCi500 Can not be repaired becuase power module no longer stocked as a spare!!!

jollyjonesy
07-27-2012, 03:53 PM
I cannot start to explain how disapointed I am at Philips! My unit recently stopped powering on and I have been told by a philips recomended repair shop that it is the power module which is a part that philips apparently no longer have available as a spare! I phoned up Philips and they tell me that this is the case!! the unit is only 3 years old ! I can not believe that parts for a 3 year old unit are not availble!! :mad:

So I am now left with a 500 piece of junk just becuase philips can't be bothered to stock parts and/or use defective parts in the first place.. I have been offered 30% off a new unit - Whoopy do!! so to buy the MCI730 or MCi8080
I have to fork out another 500 even with the discount!!! great service philips what a complete joke!:mad:

The only hope is to find a power module in a defective unit somewhere?? anyone got a clue how I might get my hands on one????? would be such a waste to scrap this perfectly good unit for one small part!
:rolleyes:

jphenrick
08-05-2012, 07:51 PM
i had the same issue on my wac7500 the repairer fixed the power supply at component level by changing capacitors - they should be able to do the same here?

i used a dedicated streamium reapir shop recommendedby philips online

JH

jollyjonesy
08-05-2012, 08:11 PM
Hi Thanks for the info.

They did mention that they 'might' be able to solve the issue... I was a little uncofident of this as I would have the pay the 'non refundable' 100 privalige of sending the unit and taking the gamble on them fixing the unit... might have to as from your other reply to my other post the two WAS satellite stations I have will now be redundant as part of a streaium system as they are now no longer supported by the newer centres.

i had the same issue on my wac7500 the repairer fixed the power supply at component level by changing capacitors - they should be able to do the same here?

i used a dedicated streamium reapir shop recommendedby philips online

JH

jphenrick
08-05-2012, 09:30 PM
Hi

i used the recommended streamium dedicated repairer below

it was 69 + vat + 10 for the parts

courier is extra or you can send and collect

Philips may offer a discount on the repair i managed to get a small saving by contacting Philips direct via the website who then booked the repair for me

Repair was trouble free and has worked without issue since

if you need anymore information please let me know

see address below

R&M Technical

97-99, Worton Road,

Isleworth,

Middlesex TW7 6EG

0208 232 9709 (Direct Line)

Technical Services Dept; 97-99 Worton Road, Isleworth, TW7 6EG.

kamil_o
10-11-2012, 09:32 AM
Could you please describe me what was wrong with your MCI?

My power button is flickering. CD is making noise each two seconds and LCD do not show PHILIPS logo but sometimes also flickering.

Was it similar in your case?

FMBASH
11-26-2012, 12:35 PM
I have exactly the same problem as you. Power button flickering green(ish), CD was making noise but now nothing at all and i cannot open CD drawer. Neither is Philips logo visible anymore. DOes this sound like the power module. I have tried another power lead, so am confident that's not the problem.