PDA

View Full Version : Air studio app

Chris_20
07-28-2012, 03:06 PM
Hi guys i have just taken delivery of my DS9800,i have connected it to wifi and it plays fine. However i have downloaded the above app but when trying to connect the app to the ds9800 it says 'No device found. Please connect your philips connected device to home network'

Can anyone offer any advice on how to fix this?

Many thanks
Chris

fromsomewhere
07-29-2012, 04:01 AM
Hi guys i have just taken delivery of my DS9800,i have connected it to wifi and it plays fine. However i have downloaded the above app but when trying to connect the app to the ds9800 it says 'No device found. Please connect your philips connected device to home network'

Can anyone offer any advice on how to fix this?

Many thanks
Chris

Pls check the QSG/IFU of DS 9800. You should use either Fidelio or dockstudio app. Airstudio is not meant to be used with DS 9800.

garlangreeny
08-09-2012, 03:29 AM
I also have an Airstudio thinking that it can be used for DS 9800. Thanks for the information. http://imagicon.info/cat/12-19/vbulletin-redface.gif

gerwein
11-07-2012, 10:43 AM
I installed the APP yesterday and using it with my MCI500H12. Basically it works fine, I can play my songs from the mobile on the MCI and I can see and play songs from the HD. However, the list of songs is very limited and do not show all songs. Any idea ?

Philips - QK
11-08-2012, 02:30 AM
I installed the APP yesterday and using it with my MCI500H12. Basically it works fine, I can play my songs from the mobile on the MCI and I can see and play songs from the HD. However, the list of songs is very limited and do not show all songs. Any idea ?

Hi gerwein,

Would you please let us know more info:
a) Which Android device you are using : brand, type number.
b) Did you select the folder where the content is stored through settings>add content folder if you are sharing from your Android device.

I think your question is more relevant to the apps than to MCI500. Hence, suggest you put it in our newly opened apps forum ( http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/forumdisplay.php?71-App-Enabled-Accessories-and-Smartphone-Apps-forum). If you don't mind the transfer, I can do so for you.

Kind regards,
Philips Moderation Team

Mr Wolf
11-08-2012, 01:08 PM
Hi Gerwein!

Had the same issue with the very first version of AirPlay and AW9000, the song list was incomplete and very slow to populate...now is working fine, hope it helps!

Mr Wolf
11-08-2012, 01:44 PM
Mine is a quite late answer but I'm new here...I think you are confusing AirStudio App with Airplay technology, you can push music content to the DS9800 from a IPhone, IPod, even from a PC with Itunes installed using the Apple Airplay technology. Airplay is for others wi-fi product such as my AW9000 or MCI8080.
I also have an Airstudio thinking that it can be used for DS 9800. Thanks for the information. http://imagicon.info/cat/12-19/vbulletin-redface.gif

Mr Wolf
11-08-2012, 01:56 PM
Hi guys, mine is a late answer I know but I'm new here, I think you are confusing AirStudio App with Airplay technology. With DS9800 you can use the Airplay technology by Apple to push music content from a IPod, IPhone...even a PC with ITunes installed to the Docking with a tap. AirStudio is intended for others product such as my AW9000, definetly the Philips app dedicated to your Docking is Dockstudio

gerwein
11-08-2012, 04:51 PM
Txs for your replys. I'm using a Android 4.0.3 device, ZOPO ZP100 from Zopomobile, buyed from Nushphoen, and I'm using more then 150 APPS w/o problems.

Yes I enabled relevant folders in my Moblile, but thats not the issue. I can select and play all songs from my mobile.
But selecting the MCI500 I've only a limited list of song, albums, etc.

No problem if you transfer my post to another thread.

mfg Gerhard

Philips - QK
11-09-2012, 01:15 AM
Txs for your replys. I'm using a Android 4.0.3 device, ZOPO ZP100 from Zopomobile, buyed from Nushphoen, and I'm using more then 150 APPS w/o problems.

Yes I enabled relevant folders in my Moblile, but thats not the issue. I can select and play all songs from my mobile.
But selecting the MCI500 I've only a limited list of song, albums, etc.

No problem if you transfer my post to another thread.

mfg Gerhard

Hi gerwein,

May I know how many songs you have? As we can put songs up to hundreds Gb in MCi500, there might be limitation of the apps to show that much. We would like to get more info from you and have a better understanding on this.

Thanks & regards,
Philips Moderation Team

Philips - QK
11-09-2012, 01:27 AM
Hi gerwein,

Checking with our technical team, we think your problem is not likely an app issue and might be a browsing problem from server on MCi500 due to the slow response from the MCi. Would you please advise if after waiting for a few minutes can you see all albums or not.

Kind regards,
Philips Moderation Team

gerwein
11-09-2012, 12:20 PM
I've appr.2500 songs on my Harddisk within appr 200 Albums. Around 50 songs (first 50 in alphabetical order) or 50 Albums are visible.
Waiting several timesdoes not increase the list of visible songs.

mfg Gerhard

gerwein
11-13-2012, 05:46 PM
Hi, any news ?
I've now installed this APP on my Tablet, Touchlet X7GS on ICS 4.0.4, and here the APP closes always after
starting ???? This device is also not visible on my Mobile Phone APP even it's connected to the WLAN.
mfg Gerhard

gerwein
11-22-2012, 05:14 PM
Hi, can I expect an answer, does anybody use htis APP without limitation or issues ?

regards Gerhard

kwinnie
11-23-2012, 01:31 AM
hi gerwein,

wud you please try with other apps like Twonky Mobile?
this app serves similar purpose. Just counter check if this is AirStudio's issue

fromsomewhere
11-23-2012, 02:49 AM
hi gerwein,

wud you please try with other apps like Twonky Mobile?
this app serves similar purpose. Just counter check if this is AirStudio's issue

Hi

You can also try the Philips Myremote app.

gerwein
11-23-2012, 03:53 PM
Txs folks, great support.
Twonky works perfect on my devices, both Mobile and Tablet, all songs are available.
Myremote seems to be OK, still testing

regards Gerhard

gerwein
11-28-2012, 05:25 PM
It's frustrating :confused:, suddenly non of my mobiles recognices MCI500 as player. I have nothing changed (hope so).
Are there any settings to be considered for Airstudio or Twonky ?

The MCI is still connected to the network, internetradio is working, WAChandler can access the decice, just my mobiles cannot ??????

regards Gerhard

gerwein
11-28-2012, 05:30 PM
additional comment: playing a song on my mobile and trying to beam to the MCI500 powers the MCI on but does not play the song.

Tias
11-28-2012, 08:52 PM
Hi Gerhard !

I've had similar issues with AirPlay, i.e. sometimes it finds my devices, but most of the times it just finds some of them while WACHandler can "see" them all and I can also ping them form my PC.
Hopefully AirStudio will get updated soon...

Cheers !

kwinnie
11-29-2012, 04:49 AM
It's frustrating :confused:, suddenly non of my mobiles recognices MCI500 as player. I have nothing changed (hope so).
Are there any settings to be considered for Airstudio or Twonky ?

The MCI is still connected to the network, internetradio is working, WAChandler can access the decice, just my mobiles cannot ??????

regards Gerhard

hi gerwein,
i have tried the airstudio this morning with an iphone & galaxy note 2.
both of the devices can detect the NP3700. can it be just a stability prob? what if you wait longer for the devices to refresh?

gerwein
11-29-2012, 05:33 PM
Txs forall your answers, even they don't relieve me. However I've tried now several APPS, most of them at least recognize my MCI500 as a player, but non of them as music libary.

@kwinnie, I was patient and was waiting a long time, and yes it seems it's a stability problem, sometimes MCI appeares as a player, sometimes not, but never as a libary, it' crazy !!

regards Gerhard

wezmundo
12-15-2012, 12:02 AM
Hi, I was wondering if someone could help me please. I have just purchased a fidelio a3 and I am having real difficulty with air studio. Once its up and running im pleased with it but, it takes ages to find my music then when you go into an album and hit 'play all' nothing happens. This is all through wireless. Is this a problem with my speaker or the app? I have a Sony Xperia arc.

fromsomewhere
12-15-2012, 05:08 AM
Hi, I was wondering if someone could help me please. I have just purchased a fidelio a3 and I am having real difficulty with air studio. Once its up and running im pleased with it but, it takes ages to find my music then when you go into an album and hit 'play all' nothing happens. This is all through wireless. Is this a problem with my speaker or the app? I have a Sony Xperia arc.

Hi, After pressing play all, once the busy circle is gone, pls check whether
you find your tracks in the sharelist by clicking on A3 image. If you see the tracks properly, maybe just click the first track on the sharelist & see whether playback starts.

wezmundo
12-17-2012, 09:48 AM
Thanks so much for getting back to me. I have tried that and it seems to work ok but is it normal for it to take more than 30 seconds to build a playlist for one album?

fromsomewhere
12-17-2012, 09:55 AM
I suspect you have a very busy network situation. Maybe you can use a free app called issider on google play & check your network environment. If you are on a very crowded channel then this delay can be there. Then change the channel of your router to a free channel & then things will speed up.

gerwein
12-17-2012, 03:17 PM
I recommend to use TWONKY as described in this thread, much faster, easy and convenient....

wezmundo
12-22-2012, 05:19 PM
Thanks for your help, I did what you said and it seems to connect faster and also the playlist responds quicker. Gerwein, I have just noticed that you mentioned twonky in the thread. I will give it a shot once im home.

grisen1981
01-06-2013, 05:43 PM
Thanks for your help, I did what you said and it seems to connect faster and also the playlist responds quicker. Gerwein, I have just noticed that you mentioned twonky in the thread. I will give it a shot once im home.

can someone please help me how to create playlists in the App Air Studio. Wien I use Spotify they all end up in the same playlist in the App.

/Maria

fromsomewhere
01-07-2013, 12:17 AM
Hi

For spotify there are two kinds of playlists

a) starred playlist. a song gets added to this playlist when you click on the yellow star on now playing screen in spotify on airstudio.
b) For all the rest of playlists, you need to craete them by accessing spotify with yr premium account on yr PC/spotify app on appstore. Once you create those playlists, you can access them via airstudio app. Good thing is that once you start playing a playlist, you can close the app. The playlist will keep playing. Your phone battery is saved.

Hope this helps.

grisen1981
01-07-2013, 12:15 PM
Hi

For spotify there are two kinds of playlists

a) starred playlist. a song gets added to this playlist when you click on the yellow star on now playing screen in spotify on airstudio.
b) For all the rest of playlists, you need to craete them by accessing spotify with yr premium account on yr PC/spotify app on appstore. Once you create those playlists, you can access them via airstudio app. Good thing is that once you start playing a playlist, you can close the app. The playlist will keep playing. Your phone battery is saved.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for your answer! But how do I get access to the playlists in the Spotify App? When I open the AirStudio App I can only see the music downloaded from Spotify via AirStudio.

Regards

Caroline
01-25-2013, 07:37 PM
Indeed fromsomewhere, I found that it is important to close the app. Even to remove it from the memory in my iPhone. Otherwise it will keep on using battery.
There is definitely some kind of design error that keeps the app active in the background. At least I found this behaviour when I am at home, so within the reach of the network, at a certain point I can even feel the iphone getting warm.
It could well be that having the app in memory does not cause a problem when out of reach of the network.

I did not try the spotify playlist thing yet.

The Philips App engineers have some work to do :-)