PDA

View Full Version : BDP9600/98 Cannot Detect Disc

roadster
07-28-2012, 03:25 PM
Hi,

Up until yesterday, my BDP9600/98 worked relatively fine, besides the occasional green fuzzy Home page.

This morning I tried to load a DVD and it could not recognize a disc at all in the drive. It just says "NO DISC". I tried 10 other DVDs and Blu-rays, but nothing seemed to work.

As anyone else seen this same issue? Is something wrong with the loader?

Thanks!

kwinnie
07-30-2012, 03:47 AM
Hi,

Up until yesterday, my BDP9600/98 worked relatively fine, besides the occasional green fuzzy Home page.

This morning I tried to load a DVD and it could not recognize a disc at all in the drive. It just says "NO DISC". I tried 10 other DVDs and Blu-rays, but nothing seemed to work.

As anyone else seen this same issue? Is something wrong with the loader?

Thanks!

hi there,
'unknown disc' error code is usually seen in hardware loader failure. suggest you to take it to service.

roadster
07-30-2012, 04:30 AM
Hi kwinnie, Thanks for your reply.

On my machine, it doesn't actually say "Unknown Disc", it just says "No Disc". Either way, I guess the loader has some issues. Do you have any idea how much it costs to repair the loader?

Thanks again.

kwinnie
07-30-2012, 05:17 AM
Hi kwinnie, Thanks for your reply.

On my machine, it doesn't actually say "Unknown Disc", it just says "No Disc". Either way, I guess the loader has some issues. Do you have any idea how much it costs to repair the loader?

Thanks again.

oops sorry. i think it shud be the same issue.
i have no idea how much that ll cost. but is your player still under warranty? in that way it shud be covered...

roadster
07-30-2012, 05:47 AM
oops sorry. i think it shud be the same issue.
i have no idea how much that ll cost. but is your player still under warranty? in that way it shud be covered...

I have bought it for 8 months, but I think my one was a demo model because it was quite cheap.

Let me take it to Philips tomorrow. Thanks!