PDA

View Full Version : play ISO files

Maarten
07-29-2012, 11:34 AM
Hello,
My BDP-5200 does not play ISO-dvd files from my harddrive. Is this normal? Is there a way to solve this?
Thanks,
Maarten.

kwinnie
07-30-2012, 06:24 AM
ISO files can only be played if you burn them on a disc. so yes, it s normal that you cannot play ISO file in an external hard drive. thanks.

Mr_Smurf
08-01-2012, 07:58 AM
ISO files can only be played if you burn them on a disc. so yes, it s normal that you cannot play ISO file in an external hard drive. thanks.

The blu-ray discs are quite expensive (especially 3d discs) so I like to make a copy of the movies I buy (especially kids-movies) to a harddrive since my kids do not treat the discs in a gentle way.

To make copies of purchased material for personal use is allowed by Swedish law.

It is quite fast to make a iso image from a blu-ray disc compared to converting it to other formats and since the player can handle iso format on discs how difficult can it be to make it read iso files from a harddrive?

Freddo
08-09-2012, 10:26 AM
The media players from Philips (http://www.philips.se/c/media-spelare/273651/cat/sv/#filterState0=MULTIMEDIA_PLAYER_SU_SE_CONSUMER%3Dt rue) can play ISO files I belive, but then you can't use optical discs.

I really wish Philips released a blu-ray player that had the same file support as those media players, being able to handle ISO files, mkv files with ass subtitles, mkv files with ogg audio, mkv files with flac audio and ogm files.

I hope one of the blu-ray 2013 models from Philips can do that.

Philips - QK
08-13-2012, 02:51 AM
Hi Freddo,

Thanks a lot for your suggestion here. I have added this to our 'Voice of consumer' list which will be subjected to review later.

At this moment, we cannot commit on making this feature available, but we will assure you we will give it a study.

With thanks & regards,
Philips Moderation Team