PDA

View Full Version : Help to calibrate Philips 247ELPH monitor for OS X

NeonBible
07-29-2012, 11:45 PM
First of all, I know this is a forum for TVs but I didn't find any better place to post this topic. But the story goes like this:

For a couple of months ago I bought a Philips 247ELPH monitor, and the colors were not very accurate with my MacBook. I tried therefore to calibrate the monitor a couple of times but with no luck. So I wonder if someone here in this forum has a Philips 247ELPH monitor and want to share their ICC-profile?

I'm currently using a 13 inch MacBook Air mid 2012, running OS X Mountain Lion, if it matters.

Thanks in advance!

Philips - Benedickte
08-07-2012, 01:23 PM
First of all, I know this is a forum for TVs but I didn't find any better place to post this topic. But the story goes like this:

For a couple of months ago I bought a Philips 247ELPH monitor, and the colors were not very accurate with my MacBook. I tried therefore to calibrate the monitor a couple of times but with no luck. So I wonder if someone here in this forum has a Philips 247ELPH monitor and want to share their ICC-profile?

I'm currently using a 13 inch MacBook Air mid 2012, running OS X Mountain Lion, if it matters.

Thanks in advance!

Hi NeonBible

First of all welcoem to our forums.

I would advise you to contact your local customer service (http://www.support.philips.com/support/catalog_selector.jsp?COOKIE=off). On the contact page you will find information to PC support.

Best Regards
Benedickte

NeonBible
08-07-2012, 01:44 PM
Hi NeonBible

First of all welcoem to our forums.

I would advise you to contact your local customer service (http://www.support.philips.com/support/catalog_selector.jsp?COOKIE=off). On the contact page you will find information to PC support.

Best Regards
Benedickte
I have already done that but all I got in response was that they didn't mind to make an ICC profile for me. I'd really appreciate a good ICC profile to OS X so my monitor can be to use.

Philips - Benedickte
08-07-2012, 03:20 PM
I have already done that but all I got in response was that they didn't mind to make an ICC profile for me. I'd really appreciate a good ICC profile to OS X so my monitor can be to use.

Hi,

Thank you for quick reply.
The suggestion I can give you is to download a text picture, open it at both displays (monitor and mac book) then calibrate the monitor to the color of the mac book with the picture options in the monitor menu/settings. I can't garantuee you get same colour but with a bit of trying around you'll get it good :) Remember this might take some time .

Hope this was to help.

Best regards
Benedickte