PDA

View Full Version : DVB Cable Romania

geotheone
07-30-2012, 11:21 AM
Hello,
:)
I kindly ask you which are the romanian cable tv providers registered to Philips. I am interested to know if i can easily tune in digital/HD channels using my 26PFL3606H/58 PHILIPS 3000 series DVB-C Tuner, (no set top box needed).

Philips - Benedickte
08-07-2012, 02:15 PM
Hello,
:)
I kindly ask you which are the romanian cable tv providers registered to Philips. I am interested to know if i can easily tune in digital/HD channels using my 26PFL3606H/58 PHILIPS 3000 series DVB-C Tuner, (no set top box needed).

Hi geotheone.

First of allw elcome to this forums.

I can inform you that UPC is the only cable providers that is supported on our TV's. When it comes to using a set top box or not i would advise you to contact them for further information.

Best Regards
Benedickte

cc27
08-23-2012, 05:09 PM
In Philips attention:

The same problem: my new 32 PFL3017H/12 lcd tv does not find any digital or analogue channels when I tried to automatically install them. The major cable tv provider in Romania is RDS@RCS.

Hopefully, I have a set top box in my house, so I introduced manually all the 132 frequencies of the the digital channels (in MHz), and the QAM value (wich unfortunately appears as fixed, the QAM values cannot been set/modified manually, to make the job easier. Maybe a new software update will resolve this).

Than I try to set on the Menu an other country (in my case I choose Germany/other, and wow!, the tv finds automatically all the digital, analogue an radio channels.

An other problem, that it must be resolved soon as possible thru a future software update: the possibility to delete manually an unwanted digital, analogue tv or radio channel.

By the way, my 15 year old Philips CRT's Menu and setting methods in most cases are more logical and easier to use.
A proposal: why can't be moved a tv channel to another place by simply introducing the wanted number (for example: a tv channel placed at 98 can be easier moved to place 12 by introducing a few digits on the remote. The channel placed in location 12 moves automatically to place 13 and not to place 98. It's more logical, isn't it?).