PDA

View Full Version : Your experiences with FW v0.90.0 for 4xx7 and 5xx7 series (2012 models)

Philips - Benedickte
07-31-2012, 12:54 PM
Hi Guys

Please share your experiences with this new SW version here in this topic. Channeling your input will make it easier for users to search and find relevant info.

Remarks

- Due to our global IT structure, there might be a delay in the uploading/synchronising of new SW releases (and their release notes). Please, have a little patience if you cannot immediately see the new files on our web pages and try 1 or 2 days later.
- IMPORTANT: After upgrading your TV, it is necessary to perform a "cold start": after the TV is running again (after the update), shut down the TV, wait 2 minutes (till all components are shut down), unplug the TV from the mains (pull power cord) for a few minutes before starting again.

Release Notes:

TV keeps rebooting by itself.
TV keeps restarting itself when streaming from Videociety. (Only applicable to country, Germany)
Subtitle menu cannot be opened anymore and P+/P- do not work anymore after you switch
between channels with HbbTV application switched on.
Missing satellite channels. (Only applicable to country, Germany)
TV reboots by itself when you switch it on from standby when Portuguese is selected as menu
language.
Unable to perform software upgrade when Portuguese is selected as menu language.

IMPORTANT: If your TV menu language is selected as Portuguese, follow the instructions below:
After you have inserted the USB flash drive to the TV, please wait for 30 seconds. The software
upgrade starts automatically.
If the software upgrade does not start automatically, disconnect the power cable from the power
outlet. Do not remove your USB flash drive. Wait for one minute then reconnect the power cable,
the software upgrade starts automatically.

mikepap
08-03-2012, 10:23 AM
Hello. I have a 42PFL4307H/12 purchase it Juni 2012 and since day one i have problem with audio! The sound over hdmi devices (Mac, ps3) is clicking! Called already a Philips technician, he replaced the mainboard (before replace I had more problems with that clicking sound like watching movies over USB and normal tv). Now the problem still exists only trough hdmi devices especially when watching 3d, even with the new Firmware! Every 15-30 minutes and more the audio clicks gets louder! I updated the manual firmware with the new one also because after the mainboard replace there was a '?' in the menu bar..after that the tv is worse! I called the technician before that and he told that I should update but without luck. PLEASE fix my tv!! Any solution please answer, I'm the only one with that problem...?

tomekfsx
08-04-2012, 10:25 PM
Hi,

after upgrade I've got many sound drops when playing dolby digital track via optical output.
where can I found previous firmware version?

Tom

Altenae
08-04-2012, 10:43 PM
55PFL5507H

After the upgrade going thru the menus when 3D is active is very very very slow.
Like the remote control is not working at all.

Edward

kissygirl
08-05-2012, 01:36 AM
I do not have these problems, I think service Call to attach the minutes restores.

tv550
08-06-2012, 10:40 AM
I recently acquired the 40PFL5007K/12 and like others I also experience audio drop outs via the digital output while watching HD TV via DVB-C and CI+. They seem random in time and typically short (<1 second).

Curiously the problems go away in any of the following situations:
- I use the analog audio output (headphones) or the TV speakers instead of the optical output
- I disable HD natural motion and Clear LCD in the TV-Settings / Display menu
- I watch SD content
The TV came with the 0.79 firmware which had the same issue as the 0.90.

Seem like a load issue on one of the media processors that causes an under run of the audio buffer (note that in the past I worked on the software of the video subsystem (when it was still at NXP), so I have a bit of insight knowledge as the where the problem might be). Definitely requires a firmware update to fix this.

japao
08-09-2012, 10:08 PM
after upgrade 0.90 media server not found

Jean-Michel
08-10-2012, 11:29 AM
Hello guys,
I've got a 40PFL5507H for almost a week and I've noticed the loss of the screen and the sound for a few seconds. This is happening after several minutes I switch on the TV. I have upgraded the tv with the last version of the software.
I don't think the tv is switching off, it's just a loss of screen and sound. I hope it's a software issue !
Regards.

Hooligan
08-11-2012, 05:01 PM
after upgrade 0.90 media server not found

for me too, and when I managed to connect, its drop every few minutes...
Also, its rebooted by itself quite often, not like before.

mmajis
08-12-2012, 07:37 AM
My 42PFL4007T/12 with sw version 0.90.0 turns on every night between 5am and 6am with sound output from headphone out (I have external speakers plugged in to headphone out). The screen is black during this time. From a chat with a local Philips technician I understood this is supposed to be an automatic channel scan feature.

The problem is I wake up every time this happens if I did not remember to unplug the speakers. This happens despite me turning off automatic channel update from channel settings.

I would appreciate a firmware change to disable sound output via headphone out during this nightly maintenance.

Thanks!

tomekfsx
08-12-2012, 10:34 AM
I recently acquired the 40PFL5007K/12 and like others I also experience audio drop outs via the digital output while watching HD TV via DVB-C and CI+. They seem random in time and typically short (<1 second).

Curiously the problems go away in any of the following situations:
- I use the analog audio output (headphones) or the TV speakers instead of the optical output
- I disable HD natural motion and Clear LCD in the TV-Settings / Display menu
- I watch SD content
The TV came with the 0.79 firmware which had the same issue as the 0.90.

Seem like a load issue on one of the media processors that causes an under run of the audio buffer (note that in the past I worked on the software of the video subsystem (when it was still at NXP), so I have a bit of insight knowledge as the where the problem might be). Definitely requires a firmware update to fix this.

Hi!

Same here...
This is my second Philips LCD and still the same problem with sound.

So, my new LCD is useless... Why Philips selling something like BETA version of TV??? Now we have to wait few months for firmware update like in my previous Philips LCD???

I called Polish customer care but they don't know what to do...

Please, solve this problem or replace my LCD!!!

Tom

japao
08-12-2012, 07:21 PM
for me too, and when I managed to connect, its drop every few minutes...
Also, its rebooted by itself quite often, not like before.

yes i have same problem TV 47pfl4307h DNLA working only few minutes then connection disconnect and no reconnect. Only reboot or change fake ip and back correct ip play ok but only few minutes. Play from DNLA is not useable !!!

PLEASE CORRECT FIRMWARE. :mad:

somersetpaul
08-13-2012, 11:31 AM
Hi - just updated firmware via USB. Surprised that when searching for software update on TV connected to the internet it came back as no software update available when there was. Had to check here to see that v79 was no longer current.

I was hoping for the very simple fix to the programme guide problem on Freeview that stops jumping to the selected programme. Sometimes it works one or two times, mostly it does not. Also I would like to still hear the programme when I enter the guide, at the moment it is muted.

cjb
08-14-2012, 10:22 AM
the update instructions do not make it clear enough between selecting standby/off on the remote and when you need to power cycle- remove the power cord - during the update cycle. A bit of trial and error was needed.

Also why is there an update via internet option that does not work. I tried this several times it never finds anything so I needed to update via a USB stick?

grafmarr
08-16-2012, 08:52 AM
TV (46PFL5507/K12) still does not display the Polish diacritics in subtitles to movies that are played via the USB. TVs from other manufacturers have no problem with that.

Philips - Benedickte
08-16-2012, 11:11 AM
the update instructions do not make it clear enough between selecting standby/off on the remote and when you need to power cycle- remove the power cord - during the update cycle. A bit of trial and error was needed.

Also why is there an update via internet option that does not work. I tried this several times it never finds anything so I needed to update via a USB stick?

Hi Cjb.

When it comes to update over internet ( IP upgrade), this will be available 4 weeks after the softwares main release to guarantee that there is no bugs in the software.Our software get carefully tested both before main release on webside and after release to make sure it is good to be put on for IP.

So with this information I'm sure you understand why your tv has told you why there is no new updates.

Best Regards
Benedickte

user0815
08-16-2012, 11:36 AM
Or in other words from a p**ed customers point of view:

Conclusion
There's never a demand to upload such files for an IP upgrade cause the software is sowhat of dodgy that there's always a newer revised one within this 4 weeks window.

:cool:

I'm sorry, but I could'nt resist :cool:

Philips - Benedickte
08-16-2012, 12:00 PM
TV (46PFL5507/K12) still does not display the Polish diacritics in subtitles to movies that are played via the USB. TVs from other manufacturers have no problem with that.

Hi Grafmarr.

The reason why the Polish subtitles isn't showing correct is because it isn't supported.Latin-1 and Western European (ISO-8859-1) subtitle character is the only one being supported on our sets.

Best Regards
Benedickte

tomekfsx
08-16-2012, 01:12 PM
Hi Philips - Benedickte

Can you tell us when can we expect firmware fix for sound drops via optical output??? This is very annoying problem especially when you try to play xbox etc with DD5.1

Almost one week ago I called Polish customer service but there is no answer from them (really "perfect" customer service!)

regards,

Tom

Hi Grafmarr.

The reason why the Polish subtitles isn't showing correct is because it isn't supported.Latin-1 and Western European (ISO-8859-1) subtitle character is the only one being supported on our sets.

Best Regards
Benedickte

Philips - Benedickte
08-16-2012, 01:54 PM
Hi Philips - Benedickte

Can you tell us when can we expect firmware fix for sound drops via optical output??? This is very annoying problem especially when you try to play xbox etc with DD5.1

Almost one week ago I called Polish customer service but there is no answer from them (really "perfect" customer service!)

regards,

Tom

Hi Tom

I would advise you to go in to the settings and put "digital output format" to "stereo" instead of "multichannel".

Please post back a result of this.

Regards
Benedickte

Toengel
08-16-2012, 01:56 PM
Hi,

this standard answer ("stereo" instead of "multichannel") for the sound drop is really bad... that does not solve the problem (very often stated in firmware threads and in my blog) - it's reduced, but not solved. The origin of that bug (exists since the 2010 TVs - TV550R1) is still not solved...

Toengel@Alex

tomekfsx
08-16-2012, 02:04 PM
Thx, but it's not a solution of this problem...

Stereo sound is OK, but I need a 5.1 output not 2.0!

I'm expecting that all functions of my LCD will works.
Without properly working 5.1 output my LCD is sub-standard

Regards,

Tom

Hi Tom

I would advise you to go in to the settings and put "digital output format" to "stereo" instead of "multichannel".

Please post back a result of this.

Regards
Benedickte

tomekfsx
08-16-2012, 02:10 PM
Hi,

this standard answer ("stereo" instead of "multichannel") for the sound drop is really bad... that does not solve the problem (very often stated in firmware threads and in my blog) - it's reduced, but not solved. The origin of that bug (exists since the 2010 TVs - TV550R1) is still not solved...

Toengel@Alex

Hi Toengel@Alex,

That's right! My previous model 42PFL5405H/12 has exactly the same problem...
Buying second LCD made by Philips was my worst decision... But what can I do now? I've got my new LCD since 3 weeks and I can't return it to the seller and Philips service don't want to do anything!

Tom

Philips - Benedickte
08-16-2012, 02:13 PM
Hi Toengel@Alex,

That's right! My previous model 42PFL5405H/12 has exactly the same problem...
Buying second LCD made by Philips was my worst decision... But what can I do now? I've got my new LCD since 3 weeks and I can't return it to the seller and Philips service don't want to do anything!

Tom

Hi Tom,

Could you confirm to me if you have tried this or not, and what is the result of putting the Digital output format to Stereo?

Benedickte

tomekfsx
08-16-2012, 02:26 PM
Hi,

yes, I've tried this and stereo is OK

Hi Tom,

Could you confirm to me if you have tried this or not, and what is the result of putting the Digital output format to Stereo?

Benedickte

Philips - Benedickte
08-16-2012, 02:31 PM
Hi,

yes, I've tried this and stereo is OK

Thank you.

This means that there is nothing wrong with your TV, and the sound system you got conencted to it, is not able to handle the specs of the SPDIF signal that the TV generates.

Benedickte

tomekfsx
08-16-2012, 02:47 PM
I'm using Yamaha RX-V350 and never had any problem with it.

So tell me why everything is OK when I connect eg. XBOX or blu-ray or STB directly to Yamaha via optical??? Only TV output has a problem!

Do you suggesting that others manufacturers (like Yamaha or Sony) has different SPDIF?

I can't see in user's manual that Philips LCD works only with specific sound system...

BTW I tried on second Yamaha receiver and Sony STR-DN1020 with the same results. SOUND DROPS!

Can you write Philips LCD SPDiF specs? And please give me an information where can I find these specs in user's manual?

EDIT:

I've check my sound system with Sharp LCD (also with optical out) and everything was OK. No sound drops.

I can use on Philips multichannel option instead of stereo but only when signal is DD2.0. Sound drops are only on 5.1. But when Pixel Plus options like Clear LCD or Natural motion are off there are no drops on 5.1

Tom

Thank you.

This means that there is nothing wrong with your TV, and the sound system you got conencted to it, is not able to handle the specs of the SPDIF signal that the TV generates.

Benedickte

bogaty
08-16-2012, 08:05 PM
While playing xbox 360 im getting ghosting on 40PFL5507K/12 im using game mode and pc mode enabled.This is mostly visible in dark areas, games like battlefield 3, call of duty etc.Its looks like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lBD2wRgiAo&feature=related i dont know what to do.I have newest firmware instaled already.

Philips - Benedickte
08-17-2012, 09:54 AM
I'm using Yamaha RX-V350 and never had any problem with it.

So tell me why everything is OK when I connect eg. XBOX or blu-ray or STB directly to Yamaha via optical??? Only TV output has a problem!

Do you suggesting that others manufacturers (like Yamaha or Sony) has different SPDIF?

I can't see in user's manual that Philips LCD works only with specific sound system...

BTW I tried on second Yamaha receiver and Sony STR-DN1020 with the same results. SOUND DROPS!

Can you write Philips LCD SPDiF specs? And please give me an information where can I find these specs in user's manual?

EDIT:

I've check my sound system with Sharp LCD (also with optical out) and everything was OK. No sound drops.

I can use on Philips multichannel option instead of stereo but only when signal is DD2.0. Sound drops are only on 5.1. But when Pixel Plus options like Clear LCD or Natural motion are off there are no drops on 5.1

Tom

Hi Tom

Thank you for your feedback.

Benedickte

tomekfsx
08-18-2012, 09:02 AM
Hi Philips - Benedickte,

Can you confirm that Philips will not make any fix for sound drops because it's not a LCD firmware problem?

Tom

Hi Tom

Thank you for your feedback.

Benedickte

Uzerrr
08-19-2012, 08:35 AM
Hi Grafmarr.

Best Regards
Benedickte

So... make it to support proper characters?
Why not to support our characters when you sell TV sets in our country ? You are lazy or just rude and self-righteous?
Easiest way - just to say it is not supported. Amazing.

I think that your statement doesnt make problem disappear, or it does ?

I was checking competitors TV sets and they didnt have problem with that. I bought your TV set becouse of great image quality, but some support from your side would be great.

Make ticket for your programmers and do something for us.

Regards.
Michael

Philips - Benedickte
08-20-2012, 03:03 PM
So... make it to support proper characters?
Why not to support our characters when you sell TV sets in our country ? You are lazy or just rude and self-righteous?
Easiest way - just to say it is not supported. Amazing.

I think that your statement doesnt make problem disappear, or it does ?

I was checking competitors TV sets and they didnt have problem with that. I bought your TV set becouse of great image quality, but some support from your side would be great.

Make ticket for your programmers and do something for us.

Regards.
Michael

Hi Michael.

I'm sorry to hear that you feel this way. I can confirm that I am passing the information that is posted here to my developers every week. you can also fin this information in the answer and question section for your TV.

Regards,
Benedickte

Uzerrr
08-20-2012, 05:59 PM
Sorry about hot reply, but...
Yes, I feel this way. I know that you don't make panels for TV, In 40" 5007 series there are Sharp and Samsung, and I probably got Sharp judging by great black color and non-glare panel (that's why I bought it, point for you). So... you (company) have to just make/order proper electronics and program it.
And that's what I need - PLEASE program it properly.
Your 5xxx series is great, got great reviews and many ppl bought it. We gave you our hard earned money (come to Poland, see our salaries) and credit of trust, now don't fail us.

Regards,
Michael

Philips - Benedickte
08-21-2012, 02:31 PM
Hi All

New software is out, version 91.0. you can find new thread here. (http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?7357-Your-experiences-with-FW-v0-91-0-for-4xx7-and-5xx7-series-(2012-models)&p=39154#post39154).

Please update to this version and post results in new thread.

Best regards,
Benedickte