PDA

View Full Version : RTLXL.nl in NET TV as new service ?

leutmaker
10-22-2010, 12:17 PM
RTL launcht today a video-on-demand platform called RTLXL.nl. Also included is the service "RTL gemist".
This service (RTL gemist) is already available in NET TV for the Netherlands.

Question for Philips: Will in the near future the whole RTLXL.nl platform also be available as service in NET TV ?

Corneel
10-22-2010, 07:56 PM
I would love to see the free movies that they offer on the webpage. Although they ask payment for regular programs that are now free on Net TV. http://www.rtl.nl/xl/

Erikrijnders
10-23-2010, 08:06 AM
No, not all the programs! See for your self. If they do no one will ever use this service.

Why is "SBS-gemist" not in NETTV ??

Jivemen
02-03-2015, 01:32 PM
Why don't working on a 37pfl8605H the RTLXL app ? (BINNENKORT) its on the screen? please tell us more.

Philips - Thomas
02-03-2015, 02:07 PM
Hi,

what is the Question exactly you are asking for?

Thomas

Jivemen
02-03-2015, 02:42 PM
When will it be fixet

Philips - Thomas
02-04-2015, 02:01 PM
Hi,

im sorry but i dont get the initial Questions, "fixed" does mean, something is "broken" so what does not work exactly?

Thomas

andreb
02-04-2015, 08:01 PM
The app RTL gemist is not working in the netherlands. it shows the message " binnenkort" (that meens soon) But it is not working for more that a week.

Philips - Thomas
02-05-2015, 08:27 AM
Hi,

which TV do you use?

Thomas

andreb
02-05-2015, 07:55 PM
Philps 32PFL6606H/12

Philips - Thomas
02-09-2015, 07:40 AM
Hi,

sadly this is true then.
The App does not work anymore with older TV'S then from 2013.
App Developers have redone the App to make it future-proof which sadly also means that older Devices are no longer supported :(

Thomas

andreb
02-09-2015, 04:45 PM
Using the app was really important for the decision to buy this TV. And now, after less than 4 years we have to buy a new TV because apps starts not to be supported anymore? that is really disapointing. I should expect a longer lifetime.

roeland
02-09-2015, 09:25 PM
I was about posting the RTL XL problem too, but now i'm schocked to hear the app is not supported anymore?!!

I definitely hope there will be a solution for all tv owners!
3 years of support is not normal to expect...

J-TV
02-16-2015, 07:02 PM
Dear Thomas,

Don't think there is something strange in your aswer:

'App Developers have redone the App to make it future-proof which sadly also means that older Devices are no longer supported':confused:

And, Philips thinks TV's older than 2013 are too old. Don't you expect Philips TVs to last for more than 2 years? This is still no reason to stop providing what you've sold us.

We have lost ALL main Apps: (Nu.nl, RTLX, UitzendingGemist). Do you inform your new buyers what they are stepping into?

Toengel
02-16-2015, 07:06 PM
Hi,

as already told yesterday: Philips is not responsible for making the apps. The content owners are. So, THEY decide to stop the App for the SmartTV Platform of your TV...

Toengel@Alex

J-TV
02-16-2015, 09:47 PM
Hi,

Well, I can't read what you told yesterday, because thanks to Philips censorship, my message was removed without notice. Guess they only like praises. Or did the content owners do that aswell?

Back to topic. Philips advertises these Apps VERY profoundly, because they know people buy their stuff just for using those. If Philips cannot guarantee their products to keep working for more than 2 years, Philips should:

1) Give a clear warning that all software in Philips TVs can be stopped at any given moment in time. Thus taking away all functionality with it.
2) Give the software code free to the public when discontinued

Or even better:
3) start writing their own software
4) getter the contracts to live up to expectations

Every Philips TV owner with a TV before 2013 is now pissed off at Philips for ripping them off. I am very sure none of them will EVER buy anything from Philips again. Does Philips really not care at all what their customers end up with? That's throw-away-business.

regards