PDA

View Full Version : Old firmware versions

starterz
08-02-2012, 11:02 AM
I could need to downgrade to the old 0.98 version of the firmware for 40PFL6606H/12. There was a link somewhere on the forum for a mirror page with old Philips firmware versions. Could someone please post the link again?

If someone still has the 0.98 firmware saved, please upload it somewhere so I can download it. Toengel maybe?

My TV acts like crazy every morning with the new 0.99 firmware. If this is not solved by Philips, I might have to try to downgrade.

I am pissed like hell about this, it shows no quality of delivery for Philips firmwares.

Toengel
08-02-2012, 11:10 AM
Hi,

what is "crazy"? Did you perform a "cold reboot" after the update was installed?

Toengel@Alex

starterz
08-02-2012, 12:14 PM
Hi,

what is "crazy"? Did you perform a "cold reboot" after the update was installed?

Toengel@Alex

Thank you for replying Toengel. I described the behaviour in detail in this thread (http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?6702-Your-experiences-with-FW-v0-14-99-0-for-5806-6000-and-7000-series-(2011-models)).

I did the cold reboot immediately after the firmware update. I did it twice again this morning, hoping that the TV would work after a cold reboot, but it did not help. It started out of nowhere, after 35 mins trying to start up.

Please offer any advice you can think of.

Best Regards.