PDA

View Full Version : Development of Smart TV

zepterman
08-03-2012, 11:31 AM
Hello!
I have Philips 40PFL9705H, with Smart TV.
And I have some questions about functionally of Smart TV.
-------------
First of all, stop posting messages like "please be aware that this Forum is for Europe Devices only.
For any non Europe Device please get in contact with your local Support Center".

Know what? I called to my local support center, and they said that they didn't develop anything and they didn't have any programmers. They said that only in central office there were programmers, who developed Smart TV.
In addition, my local support center doesn't have a support forum.

I have bought my TV in company Philips, keyword - company.
I don't know how company Philips rules, but I know if I buy something in a serious company, I can have help in any city of the world.

So please, give me certain and direct answer to my question.
Without "Thanks for your opinion/comment. We will pay attention to your comment".

Just give answer, will you release(make) these functions?
If yes, tell me certainaly, when you will release(make) these functions.

Sorry for my English, English is not my native language.
--------------

1. IPTV
http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?4412-iptv-on-philips

My internet provider gives me an opportunity to watch iptv based on playlists.
They give m3u playlists for Dune HD players, xml for Samsung tv's and link for iptv players on pc.
Is exist application for Net Tv for watching iptv like "nStreamLmod" on Samsung?
This function is in all Samsung-TV's.

2. Mediaconnect for MAC OS

http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?6835-Mediaconnect-for-MAC-OS
I just bought a 32PFL4907. It says that my tv is compatible with a MAC and yet I can't find a link to download the software for MAC. Can someone provide me with the link?

3. Subtitle/Audio
I want to watch some video from USB-disk.
But I can not choose right subtitle or audio stream, if this video has a lot of audio streams or subtitles.
This function is in all Samsung-TV's.

4. Online films
Samsung gives to their TV-customers possibility to watch movies online.

-----------------
My message is not an advertising of company Samsung, I just want to show you, all these functions have been released in others' TV, even in budget models.

mvunsharma
08-04-2012, 04:45 AM
Absolutely. Philips should have one channel for the support. Its like any software company. Its up to Philips to channel the messages internally to their respective organizations. We buy the product from Philips because it is an international company and not just because it is a Dutch company.

zepterman
08-06-2012, 12:56 PM
And silence...

betipet
08-09-2012, 08:38 PM
And silence...

I agree the Support isnt doing a great job, and I bought Philips TV because I consider Philips to be a serious company that can be trusted. Now I feel like after I bought the TV and gave my money, no one cares to solve the problems I and many others as you can see from forum are having with Smart TV. If Philips wasnt ready for this kind of TVs should have waited until it was well developed.
I am tired of writing posts and checking mail for "possible" answers from the Philips support team.
And all this digging info is like doing a research about something that should have been "served" to us as customers when we bought our products.
Sorry this came out long, but you can see my frustration, and I belive its frustrating for you as well.

garlangreeny
08-10-2012, 05:26 AM
I see. So this is how it actually works. Thanks a lot for the information. http://imagicon.info/cat/12-19/vbulletin-redface.gif

zepterman
09-04-2012, 02:39 PM
There is no answer for one month.