PDA

View Full Version : SA3CNT skype audio too fast

gregadlam
08-04-2012, 01:08 PM
I have a SA3CNT.
Build GGC3.01.06.10 (Latest firmware)
I have set up Skype V2.8.0.920 and can make calls.

However, I am finding that the audio from the SA3CNT is corrupted.
If I place a call to the Echo sound test, then I can record a call, but when it plays back, the audio is running about twice the correct speed.
If I place a call to a live contact, then they hear the audio at the correct speed, but with regular drop outs in the audio.

If I enable the Technical details in the Skype call screen, then the statistics show that the CPU is about 55% loaded, and that the Transmitted UDP packet count runs at about half the Received UDP packet count.

It appears that the SA3CNT is only sending half the audio packets required for the sample rate, resulting in about 50% loss of the outbound audio.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

I have no other applications installed and nothing else is running at the time.

The device is unmodified, only did an update to latest firmware, from within the SA3CNT, not via Songbird.

I have no problems with my network, as I have 2 laptops and an Android tablet, all able to make Skype calls with no issues.

The other audio applications appear to work fine, but probably use a different codec to record from the microphone.

The problem is no different if using the speaker or headphones.

gregadlam
08-09-2012, 05:47 AM
So 41 views but no replies.

Has anyone used an SA3CNT for Skype calls?

Anyone from Philips able to comment, as the device is allegedly Skype certified, and claims to support Skype, but my device certainly is not usable.

Anyone with a SA3CNT that would like to try a call to the TEST CALL contact and see if their audio is equally fast?

gregadlam
08-24-2012, 12:43 PM
So does anyone actually have/use an SA3CNT (Go Gear Connect 3)?

gregadlam
08-24-2012, 12:53 PM
Just got a reply from Philips:

Dear Gregadlam,

Sorry to hear your issue with Skype. Checking this internally, it is a hardware limitation to support audio duplex function which is used by Skype. As this is a hardware limitation, we cannot solve it via software. Please contact your local support to see what possibilities are for your issue - usually if you are in warranty, you may have a full refund. However, this varies from country to country.

Sorry for inconvenience caused.

Kind regards,
Philips Moderation Team

This is somewhat disappointing, as your literature specifically state that SKYPE is a partner, and that SKYPE is supported.

Also the SA3CNT is indicated as being a certified device when downloading/installing SKYPE.

How can this be if the hardware is not capable of full duplex?