PDA

View Full Version : feature request: resume playback

lebeno
10-23-2010, 01:53 PM
My DVD recorder has it, and most stand alone media players too: they store the location where you stop movie playback so that the next time you start playing the movie, it resumes where you left off.

It would be very nice to have this feature in the Philips TV software because fast forwarding can take a long time. Anyone else interested?

l00pu5
10-24-2010, 06:57 PM
The TVs can only playback media that is stored on a USB medium. According to my experiences with several products so far, I'm currently not aware of any product being capable of resuming playback from USB. I only experiences this feature to be applicable for DVD/BD media so far.

Would you be so kind and tell me the model number of the DVD recorder you're talking about? I'm also interested in this feature but cannot recall having seen something like that (at least not for USB media).

pistoiaa
10-25-2010, 08:14 AM
Would you be so kind and tell me the model number of the DVD recorder you're talking about? I'm also interested in this feature but cannot recall having seen something like that (at least not for USB media).

Two digital terrestrian decoders I own, Emtec N150H and United DVBT 9084, have this feature with USB HDDs and keys connected, but they are USB recorders too.
I think Philips could easily implement this interesting feature (the only problem is IF they want to), but in my opinion there are many other issues to improve on their 2010 TV sets FW (see another post by me on this subject).

lebeno
10-27-2010, 08:14 PM
Actually, I was thinking about resume for the DLNA (UPnP) playback over the network from my NAS, but it would be nice for USB too.

My Pioneer DV-380 resumes playback of DVD's. It remembers the position of the 5 last DVDs.