PDA

View Full Version : Does WAS7500 Work well with MCi8080

jollyjonesy
08-05-2012, 09:50 AM
Hi All

As my MCi500H has blown a part that is no longer available I am in need of a new Center Station to run my existing WAS7500 and WAS6050 satellite stations and need to know whether the MCi8080 will work in exactly the same way as the MCi500H did with these as they are slightly older units.. Will the MCi8080 still 'broadcast' to all and will 'follow me' work the same and will the station connect in the same way as HD not as UPNP.. just need the confidence in the mixing older and new tech...

Thanks for any help

Stephen

jphenrick
08-05-2012, 06:47 PM
hi

sadly no the new mci8080 does not support the follow me to the older units - music can only be played by upnp

the only units they will broadcast to are the newer np3700 & np3900 units

i had a wacs7500 and had the same issues when upgrading

i think philips need to bring out another true streamium system

hope that helps

JH

jollyjonesy
08-05-2012, 07:15 PM
Hi Thanks for the info

I totally agree - in the past the newer systems worked on the principle that they worked together so you could build your system gradually. Now it seems for those of us who have invested in the philips vision, Philips seems to want you to buy everthing in one go get as much cash out of you as possible and dump you as a customer once the newer models come out and expect you to buy multiple pieces all again!! the principle of the streamium system furtureproofing has been thrown out of the window as well as the respect for their customer base!

jphenrick
08-05-2012, 08:25 PM
Hi

yes im sure firmware updates would make them compatible - i had the streamiums from wac700 to wacs7500 was disappointed when they changed the way they function and had no compatible centre after the mci500H

the mci8080 is the closest replacement (the mci730 has no hdd) but follow me function has been removed

media library on each of the new satellites now links to the hdd

Jh

jollyjonesy
08-06-2012, 07:50 PM
Hi are you saying that even if I bought the mci8080 and newer satellites the new systems don't have a follow me function!? do they also not have broadcast/party mode?

Hi

yes im sure firmware updates would make them compatible - i had the streamiums from wac700 to wacs7500 was disappointed when they changed the way they function and had no compatible centre after the mci500H

the mci8080 is the closest replacement (the mci730 has no hdd) but follow me function has been removed

media library on each of the new satellites now links to the hdd

Jh

jphenrick
08-06-2012, 07:58 PM
hi

soory if my reply was confusing

the mci8080 and new satellites still have the broadcast/multiroom option - only the follow me has been removed. this feature only works from the mci8080 hard drive based music

JH

jollyjonesy
08-08-2012, 10:55 PM
So you can hit follow me on MCi8080 or N3700 if the music is playing on either device from the MCi8080 HDD - its just that the user manual and remote don't dhow a follow my button...

J

jphenrick
08-09-2012, 08:16 AM
Hi The feature is not mentioned in the manual as it was added later as an enhancement but can only be started from the main unit mci8080 or mci900. you have to start playing a song from the hdd go the menu and press multiroolm on the touch screen or bavigate to the screen on the basic remote and press ok and then press multrioom and it starts playing on ALL other compatible devices. No option to follow me etc

the my remote app allows you to control each device individually

see software history below (this is for mci900 but software is the same)

if you have any other questions etc let me know and i will reply

http://download.p4c.philips.com/file...96_fhi_eng.pdf

John