PDA

View Full Version : MCD388 Doesn't read USB pen

pizzetta72
08-05-2012, 01:48 PM
Hi all,
today during I was watching a film inside the USB stick the Philips MCD388 crashed and stop to play the film running.
I turn off it and turn on it again, but he was not able to read anymore the USB stick.
The main problem is that probably the USB menu doesn't work or read the USB inserted because the led on my USB device is alway off (no power sent to the device from the MCD388)
I already tried to:
- verify the USB stick used ==> It's ok and works correctly on the PC
- changed the USB ==> the USB stick problem is still present on MCD388
- turn off the power to the device ==> the problem is still present
- TUNER option works correctly
- DVD works correctly
- SD card is able to read but I can't set any files inside it

I also noticed that I'm not able to enter anymore on System Menu device pressing the relative button on the remote control.

Any suggestion to recover the MCD388?
It could be a problem related to a firmware issue or it's related to an Hardware problem?

Many thanks for your help.

kwinnie
08-13-2012, 05:41 AM
please try a power reset. (unplug the main power and plug it back after a while)
if this doesnt help, this may be a hardware failure...

and i think you may hv to bring your device for a check.

pizzetta72
08-13-2012, 07:38 AM
please try a power reset. (unplug the main power and plug it back after a while)
if this doesnt help, this may be a hardware failure...

and i think you may hv to bring your device for a check.

I already done the action described above. The player start to works again normally, but after more or less 10 minutes, it'll start to be crazy and the USB device is not anymore recognized

kwinnie
08-13-2012, 08:11 AM
I already done the action described above. The player start to works again normally, but after more or less 10 minutes, it'll start to be crazy and the USB device is not anymore recognized

then i believe you have to send your device to service.