PDA

View Full Version : Disable front panel

priensta
08-06-2012, 01:53 PM
I have a PFL7406H/12 tv in a hotel lobby. At the front of the tv there are some buttons (volume / ambylight / channels). Is it possible to disable this bottons, so hotelguest can not change the volume and channel.

Philips - Marco
08-06-2012, 02:44 PM
Hi Priensta and welcome to the TV forum,

You can enable the child lock and lock the TV or block age rated programmes.
To set or change the child lock code:
1. Press the home button
2. Select [Setup] > [Channel settings] > [Child lock].
3. Select [Set code], or [Change code].
4. Enter the code with the Numeric buttons.

Tip: If you forget your code, enter '8888' to override any existing codes.

Lock or unlock channels
1. In the child lock menu, select [Channel lock].
2. Enter the child lock code with the Numeric buttons. The [Channel lock] menu appears.
3. Select channels to lock or unlock.

Regards,
Marco

priensta
08-06-2012, 06:34 PM
Hello Marco,

Thanks for your repley. But it is not what I mean.
By example, this week we have the tv on the olympic games with volume 10. The remote control of the tv is in the back office. Some guest want a harder volume, and clicks on the front of the tv on the volume button. Some guest put it on 30, very hard!

Is it possible to switch off the buttons on the front of the tv, so guest can't use them if the tv is on.

Philips - Marco
08-07-2012, 08:09 AM
Hello Marco,

Thanks for your repley. But it is not what I mean.
By example, this week we have the tv on the olympic games with volume 10. The remote control of the tv is in the back office. Some guest want a harder volume, and clicks on the front of the tv on the volume button. Some guest put it on 30, very hard!

Is it possible to switch off the buttons on the front of the tv, so guest can't use them if the tv is on.

Hi Priensta,

Unfortunately it's not possible to switch off the buttons on the front on your TV, such function is not available for consumers TV's.

You can find this feature only in hospitals or hotels TVs.

Regards,
Marco