PDA

View Full Version : Cannot detect media server

sofzaf
08-07-2012, 07:44 PM
Hi all,

I have a 37PFL8404H updated with the latest firmware.

I recently bought a WD MyBook Live which runs Twonky MEdia server and supports dlna. It is also upgraded to the latest firmware version.

My problem is that when I try to detect the media server through the TV Menu it searches without any result. The media server works fine as I can connect through my pc browser (the media server operates on tcp port 9000).

Ihave tried the detection procedure many times and 2-3 of them it did found the server, and this is the most strange of all.

Any help would be appreciated

Philips - Benedickte
08-08-2012, 02:20 PM
Hi all,

I have a 37PFL8404H updated with the latest firmware.

I recently bought a WD MyBook Live which runs Twonky MEdia server and supports dlna. It is also upgraded to the latest firmware version.

My problem is that when I try to detect the media server through the TV Menu it searches without any result. The media server works fine as I can connect through my pc browser (the media server operates on tcp port 9000).

Ihave tried the detection procedure many times and 2-3 of them it did found the server, and this is the most strange of all.

Any help would be appreciated

Hi sofzaf.

First Welcome to our forums.

I would advise you to:
1. Check the network settings on the TV and router.
2. Set on static IP addres if it's possible.
3. Try wired conenction.

Also how are you searching for it? As a hard drive, storage device, computer?
Please get back to us with result.

Best Regards
Benedickte

ifmolina
08-17-2012, 12:51 PM
Hi, I have exactly same model and same problem.

I`m running a Twonky Media Server 5.0 working fine with any other kind of machine in the network (wired network with static IP). I can acces from iMac, PC, Laptop, iPad, iPhone and Philips WAC, but not TV. The only way to detect the server is let the tv looking for while the server is restarting.

I tried Philips service by phone but didn`t resolve it.

Philips - Benedickte
08-21-2012, 02:24 PM
Hi Ifmolina and Sofzaf.

The reason why you cannot find the media server is because the TV will only search once for DLNA servers, and this happens right after starting up the TV. After that, the TV will not search again and relies on the DLNA server re-announcing itself again. This will happen in pre-defined time frames, depending on the server. Usually we're talking about 5-10min here.
You have to restart the DLNA server to make it re-announcing itself.

Best regards,
Benedickte